• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Day of the Dead Fort Battles

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Howdy Cowboys and Cowgirls,

The Day of the Dead Event has finalised arrived on the Western Prairie and with it, it is time to bring some life to Fort Battles as well (pun intended). As such, I am planning on having special Fort Battles throughout the event with a little reward for every participant!

Would this be something of interest? What kind of rewards would you like to see? More information on the date and time of the Fort Battles will follow.

Harsha.1

Private First Class
In the IFBC server, they gave out special rewards in FFs, such as crafted products like wonder tinctures, paper, etc. I think that if such rewards were given out more often (along with flowers/bonds), people might take a greater interest in coming to battles. Usually if there's assured rewards, attendance improves a lot.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
^ They even gave Free Sp.

Especially if there is an Event related quest/extra Reward, attlendance increases big time.

I wish there were permanent such things though.
Bonds and Experience (that we don't need, and very low) is very old and not incentivising anymore.

Sadly they didn't continue improving Fort Battles and left it as far from finished..

That's shame when a game makes most of it's revenue from this Team-play PvP feature.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
In the IFBC server, they gave out special rewards in FFs, such as crafted products like wonder tinctures, paper, etc. I think that if such rewards were given out more often (along with flowers/bonds), people might take a greater interest in coming to battles. Usually if there's assured rewards, attendance improves a lot.
I believe we can make that happen :)
^ They even gave Free Sp.
Unfortunately we cannot make this happen.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Unfortunately we cannot make this happen.
Yea I mean it's just an idea.

If the Dev(s) somehow make an automated random Reward generator script/mechanism.. could be one of those random rewards.

Ps. I know the system doesn't allow "free" Sp/Ap but must be a specific one. I still call it "free" anyhow :p

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
I don't think they want players to Test Sets or anything other than bugged quests and sort anyway :roll:

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
The Fort Battles have been dug! Feel free to join our new Day of the Dead Fort Battles and win some pretty cool rewards. The rewards are the same for both the winning side and the losing side, thus I encourage you to balance out the numbers and have a fun Fort Battle.

Of course, you are more than welcomed to join whichever side you wish :)

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
The second round of Dia De Los Muertos Fort Battles has started. All battles have been dug so hurry up and join :). As the first time around, the rewards are the same for both the winning side and the losing side, thus I encourage you to balance out the numbers and have fun!

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Just to let everyone know, I am hoping to have the next DOTD Fort Battle on Wednesday or Thursday night, apologies for the delay.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
The last round of the Day of the Dead Fort Battles have been dug. Both battles (1 on Alamogordo and 1 on Enewetak) will take place on Sunday night. This is because I have tried to have both battles on both worlds on the same day but there have been some Fort Battles on Alamogordo (which is good) thus making it hard to find a good time.

With that in mind, apologies if these DOTD Fort Battles have been interfering with the regular battles.

On a second note, I am more than happy to keep these battles going during ''non-event times''. As such, what kind of rewards would you like to see? Similarly, and I know it's a bit early, but what kind of rewards would you like to see during the Christmas Event? Looking forward to your feedback :).

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
I am more than happy to keep these battles going during ''non-event times''.
If only .Net has/had those too :D

As for the Rewards hmm.. At the moment, I can't think of anything else than what Harsha pointed.
I mean.. Any kind of non-Outdated Shop item could work (including Chili Pepper FF buff).

You could, of course, give out Wisdom potions too.

I wonder though, if it's possible to randomize the rewards?
If anything, Devs shouldve added such thing long ago but yea :no:

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
If only .Net has/had those too :D
I can talk with Kuro to see if this will be possible :).
As for the Rewards hmm.. At the moment, I can't think of anything else than what Harsha pointed.
I mean.. Any kind of non-Outdated Shop item could work (including Chili Pepper FF buff).

You could, of course, give out Wisdom potions too.
I will look into what rewards we can give out, we do have some that we cannot offer expect during specific events/contests....but I'm sure we can find something. I can compile a list of 'more interesting' items that I can add.

I wonder though, if it's possible to randomize the rewards?
I'm not entirely sure, but I will ask :).