• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Day of the Dead 2017 discussion

Leones

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
logo11.png
Howdy Cowgirls and Cowboys,

This year we are travelling to Mexico, where you can be a part of an amazing festival called "Dias de los muertos". Together with your friends from the Saloon you will prepare the festival for the souls...

The Day of the Dead event will run from November 2nd 12:00 PM until November 23rd 23:59 PM. You have the opportunity to collect plenty of Cempasúchil flowers, as these flowers will bring you some great prizes:

100 flowers: The card game "Loteria de Muertos" is unlocked.
500 flowers: You will receive a noble chest.
2000 flowers: You will receive a bouquet of the dead for your avatar
10000 flowers: You will receive an energy box.
20000 flowers: You will receive a pot of flowers.
35000 flowers: You will receive vampire teeth for your avatar.
55000 flowers: You will receive the cane of the dead groom.
90000 flowers: You will receive the violin of the dead groom.
110000 flowers: You will receive the bouquet of a dead bride.
140000 flowers: You will receive the dead groom's chest.

As in the past years there will be five special community rewards to unlock, which include two items, the rivers which turn red, an achievement and the repeatable Halloween questline from last year. Don’t worry, there will be a new and funny questline starting during the event as well, but not as a reward. So grab your basket and go collect some flowers! As usual, all you need to do is work, duel, battle or build your way to richness. You are also able to give and receive flowers!

At each stage of the card game, you have to make a 50-50 decision and select one of two cards: behind one card is the Aztec Sun and behind the other is the Grim Reaper. Pick the “correct” card and you have the option to continue playing or cash in for a prize, otherwise it's game over and you'll receive just 25 flowers for your efforts.

There are five stages in total, roughly corresponding to the regular common, uncommon, rare and very rare categories. If you draw the wrong card at any stage, it is possible to cheat death for a cost of 25, 50, 100, 200 or 400 nuggets respectively. Starting more games on the same day costs 25 nuggets. At stage 5, use nuggets to exchange your reward with another random reward.

New sets:

Groom Set
set-1_head_73x73.png
set-1_neck_73x73.png
set-1_body_73x73.png
set-1_belt_73x73.png
set-1_pants_73x73.png
set-1_shoes_73x73.png
set-1_melee_93x93.png
set-1_duel_73x73.png
set-1_fort_73x73.png

Hernán Cortés Set
set-3_head_73x73.png
set-3_neck_73x73.png
set-3_body_73x73.png
set-3_belt_73x73.png
set-3_pants_73x73.png
set-3_shoes_73x73.png
set-3_melee_73x73.png
set-3_duel_73x73.png
set-3_fort_73x73.png

Nahuatl Set

set-2_head_73x73.png
set-2_neck_73x73.png
set-2_body_73x73.png
set-2_belt_73x73.png
set-2_pants_73x73.png
set-2_shoes_73x73.png
set-2_melee_93x93.png
set-2_duel_73x73.png
set-2_fort_73x73.png

Enjoy the event!

Feel free to discuss the event here :)

DeletedUser3460

Leones, firstly thank you for posting the bonuses, secondly, have you accidentally forgotten to add a fort battle bonus for Hernan Corte's Riding Set or is it correct the way it is?

DeletedUser4427

you can use flowers to play the game again, its not a bug right
also will we get bonds after 140k flowers?

Leones

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
You will indeed receive bonds after you reach 140k flowers. As for the possibility to use flowers, I'll look into it.

asdf124

Private First Class
you can use flowers to play the game again, its not a bug right
also will we get bonds after 140k flowers?
That is not a bug imo, but that is a feature as the set's aren't really that OP, so would make sense that they'd be for flowers. Also, it doesn't even work anyway :rolleyes:

DeletedUser4427

I really hope its not a bug,otherwise chances of me getting more than 5 items during this event is really slim. since the event is only going to last 14 days on the main servers.

also this happens when i tray to play again with flowers (img)Снимок.PNG

DeletedUser4427

I see that the play again for flowers thing was indeed a bug.
Now on the normal servers where the event will last for 14 days these are my chances for getting a reward

Level 1(50%) 7 items (in 14 days)
Level 2(25%) 4 items
Level 3(12.5%) 2 items
Level 4(6.25%) 1 item
Level 5(3.125%)0 items

Snr Sarg

Lance Corporal
can somebody explain to me what the point of using 600 bonds on the big flower pot was if I can't use them to play the game???

asdf124

Private First Class
It is correct the way it is.
Leones, firstly thank you for posting the bonuses, secondly, have you accidentally forgotten to add a fort battle bonus for Hernan Corte's Riding Set or is it correct the way it is?

If no defense bonus, then why is it so weak?

compared to hombre and other sets......

Might make sense to at least double the stats on it.(the horsey set)

JustAMoment

Lance Corporal
To be honest every new set is kinda bad due to lack of good amount of attributes.. Like rolf, wait even skeleton from previous day of dead event is giving about +50 to every single attribute, and new sets like.. +6-9?
I dont want some "super sets" tho but thanks to this change, every new set like Dirndl and now Groom is gonna be bad compared to the old ones when it comes to jobs. Same with Cortes X Hombre for example. So for old players having the old ones are these sets just another thing to lay in inventory with no real use.
Anyway i really like how the Groom set looks ^w^

DeletedUser4219

The big flower pot cost 600 bonds.
after 140.000: 5000 flowers = 50 bonds

When the tombola was 20 days it was approximately okay.

20 X 2500 = 50000 flowers => 500 bonds

Now it will only 15 days.

15 X 2500 = 37500 flowers => 350-400 bonds

Because the tombola is shorter (75%) give the flower pot for a lower price !

the flower pots are set to expire before the end of the event, at least in beta [same as last year]. would have liked to see them last to the end of the event.

Leones

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
That is not something that is likely to change. They're made with a certain amount of flowers gained in mind, which is the same for beta and the other worlds. You already have a big advantage on beta as events are generally a few days longer.