1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Danger (chance of getting hurt on jobs)

Discussion in 'Version 2.0' started by The-Iceman, Aug 24, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Bluep

Bluep Guest

That's only luck. Good luck, in your case ;)

The different colors indicating the risk represent all intervals; as far as I've observed since the last update where the change of damage was announced, we have:

GREEN: 5% - 8% - 8.25% - 10% - 13% -13.26% - 15%; olga had 20%
    => [5% - 20%]
    YELLOW: 5% - 10% - 13.26% - 15% -20% - 25%; Rangor had 33%
    => [5% - 33%]
    Bad, bad RED: 20% - 50% - 66% - 75%
    => [20% - 75%]

It seems that your max HP at the time of getting hurt are considered for calculation of damage, so if you change clothes between enqueuing the job & getting hurt, the HP (bonus) of your current clothes is important.

But I can imagine quite well that your 33% are correct - makes sense, that would be [max damage] limits of 1/3 (yellow) and 3/4 (red) then...

/edit: But I fully agree, these values are much too high - some red jobs you'll have to do repeatedly for crafting or quests, 24x transporting ammunition (and perhaps even more for finding your golden Colt), or 8x Ambush for a daily(!!) quest...
    I tried the latter today, nearly impossible... you can't queue up more than one job, because you have to check your report for an injury after every job. I managed to complete 4/8 jobs before my health dropped below 75%... Remember, a red job can drain 75% of your HP!
    No way to complete the quest on a daily basis...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2012
  2. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    Then something is wrong with the calculations - or the numbers given at the job is wrong- did 15 times setting up telegraph poles - and had 5 accidents - each time with a damage of 130 - It said 5% chance- and the colour was green. - I got more accidents than products - my max hp was a little more than 600 - so I was lucky to be online and used a buff. It may happen of course - but not very likely.

3. Bluep

Bluep Guest

Mmmm... are you sure about the 130 damage / 6xx HP max?
    That would be 20% [@650 HP]... well, could be possible, since it's all random, it's quite realistic that I didn't suffer any possible damage percentage yet. :p

I'll edit my post above...

4. Zeta

Zeta Guest

i agree it seems that 5% chance of getting hits somehow is a much bigger chance then finding a product that has 5% drop chance

i believe trading with indians i done that job 50 times and the droprate of cigars is higher then the chance of getting hurt, yet i got hit like 3 times more often then i actually found cigars, and have had that luck on more jobs

and again i did the 24 times transporting ammo quest, i managed to finish it but i got ko'd 3 times in total

and whats the use i can do transport alcohol already, also red danger job but if i just find a golden job fo it i get 1k xp and 1k dollar per job, and that makes it a lot more worthwhile then those quests you need to kill yourself multiple times for, for some shabby xp bonus

5. Katzazi

Katzazi Guest

Yes it is quite annoying that we have to do this extremely repeatable jobs. Together with the extreme danger it's a bad combination. I think some quests should just be redone.

I'm currently doing the adventurerers quest where you have to collect things by doing some jobs. In 1.X one had to demoilsh a dam for 8 / 4 h to do it. Well you can do it much faster now, since it's "only" doing it 30 times. So it only takes 1h if you realy hurry up (and costs 90 energy). It's much more annoying than in 1.X and you have to sleep 8h afterwards anyway, so it's probably the only thing you do for a while. In 1.X however the danger to die doing this was more or less not there.

I have a char on a life server at level 39 with no class and no skillpoint set. Ok, that is somewhat higher than the level you are supposed to do the quest but anyway. The danger of the demolishing the dam if you can just do it, is about 93. My char has 560 lp. I have to do the job 4 times to finish the quest. Even if I get hurt EVERY time I do it, I will not die. The chance to be hurt ist quite low, anyway, but even with bad luck I will not die.

I died doing it on the beta server. And it feels bad. I just cannot do ANYTHING to prevent it, becaus I cannot skill or equip for more hp, or reset my skillpoints or whatever.

The dager on beta is red with 26% for an adventurer.

Sure you can switch to other tasks. But I already finished every other available regular quest I have. (Besides I got less beaver skin than the 50% drop chance ;-) )

In my opinion short jobs should never be red at all. They are short because those are the "easy" jobs. A long job with a "bad" name could be red and dangerous. It would be frustrating, too, especially since you probably have to use work instructions to be able to do them and you cannot do much in between. But well it's logical. But currently the chance to die is higher with the low jobs, than with the long jobs. Just because you always have to do them more often and the chance to get hurt during those consecutive executations of the job is just higher than if you are doing a red long job just once.

Please reconsider to adjust the danger to something that takes the duration (and expected repetition) into account. Players already pay much more energy to do those jobs. They already have to sleep more often to do them. They will not get money or experience by doing them as often as the quests demand.

Already, this are quite harsh costs for queing short jobs. We are expected to do so. So please remove the extreme danger of the accidents.

6. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    Or even better- change the game back to what it was - so we don't have to repeat the same job a ridiculous number of times- this is a game - it is supposed to be fun - doing a job 60 times is not fun - it is just silly.

7. robertoafonso

robertoafonso Reservist

Main Server:
    PT
    Today doing Ambush with 1820hp max

dangerg: [​IMG]

and in 1 job a loose half of my hp 910hp:
    [​IMG]

8. robertoafonso

robertoafonso Reservist

Main Server:
    PT