1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Danger (chance of getting hurt on jobs)

Discussion in 'Version 2.0' started by The-Iceman, Aug 24, 2012.

Share This Page

1. idiomatiks

idiomatiks Guest

I just lost 33% of my max HP on grave robber; that is yellow danger colour.

I thought Kankalin said, it was adjusted - i was thinking they would decrease it??

2. The-Iceman

The-Iceman Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    If anything they have increased the damage levels

That was 75% of my Health lost on 1 job
    I got KO'd because I lost 585 health on Hunting Pumas 2 hours before
    I'm not buying Health Buffs and Energy Refills on a daily basis to keep losing it to insane damage lavels
    Screw that :)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  3. the simmies

the simmies Guest

So, if I understand it, we complain that the danger is out of proportion, way too high, and as a result the danger lvl's are heightened? I just base my opinion on posts above this one, but it is clear that the damage is NOT lowered, but heightened, whereas people requested a lower damage lvl. Is there an explanation why it is even higher than before?

4. The-Iceman

The-Iceman Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    The info below is a quote for the Update to 2.0 thread in anouncements

It would appear that when the devs adjusted things, the new calculations ended up increasing the danger level even more

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  5. abskay

abskay Guest

http://prntscr.com/eoi0k come on this is not nice transporting ammunition
    http://prntscr.com/eonlm here is the second one is this what you want at level 120 4k HP gone in 20minutes and over 500LP and still passed out so how do you expect low levels to finish their quest transporting ammunition 24 times given by emilio vagras

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
  6. Below me

Below me Guest

This game has been fun for years but to me it seems like i like it less and less with every uppdate.

Allways faster and more ways to spend nuggets every uppdate where does the consumer satifaction come in ?
    The only reason i started playing this game years ago was because it was slow and you could to allmost everything without beeing online 24/7.

Now im an old dinosaur allways whining after every uppdate because its not what im used to but this time in my oppinion they stepped over the line this aint fun anymore.
    But no one is holding a gun against my head and forcing me to play this game.
    Im sure there are other games out there that i might enjoy if i take a look around that focus a little on consumer satisfaction allso aswell as making money.

I only have a handfull of nuggets left and i don´t think i will be buying anymore untill they tweek the job danger this what they have now is ridiculous it is impossible to scheduale 9 jobs with a little higher danger level and log out and leave the character for a few h :(

I got pemium activated for a another month so hope they make some changes before it runs out.
    Getting a houge advantage with premium is one thing but not beeing able to play without buying buffs is taking it one step to far in my oppininon.
    Fix it please ! It used to be a fun game and i hope it will be again when i come back from my break. Need one 2.0 is too mutch for me to handle.

But there are no dinosaurs left in the real world either guess it is time for them to die off here allso now ?

7. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    I made some tests on the works... that´s why i had got those values.

(the darker red is gone on the new update)

And today...

[​IMG]

They must have made a small tweak that reduced some damage. Since i got EXACTLY 33% of my maximum HP on a yellow bar.

PS- Strangely when i get into an accident or on a plated job... i don´t lose motivation. Some bug or the motivation drop was deactivated?

8. robertoafonso

robertoafonso Reservist

Main Server:
    PT
    [​IMG]

It's wrong. 5% of the 760hp is 38hp

9. darkguardian666

darkguardian666 Sergeant Former Team Member

Main Server:
    DE
    the percentage shows the probability of being hurt, the colour indicates how serious the injury can be

10. Katzazi

Katzazi Guest

There are already three major and some minor elements that affect how many works you can do during a given period of time:

1. energy <- this should be the important element
    2. motivation <- makes it less attractive to work too long especially on the same job
    3. duration of jobs
    4. distance to travel / other things to do that cannot be done while working

Sure the red bar should have some meaning. And while working it already HAS a meaning because you can be duelled while working.

It is ok, when you lose some hp by working and that some jobs are more dangerous and others and that you can reduce the damage when you know the job better.

But working should not be more dangerous than a duell or even a fort battle!

When skilling into health one will probably lose every duell, but one will never die because of a duell. My 7k hp soldier or my 6k hp adventurer on live servers lose about 1,3k per duell or less. That is less than 1/3 of my life. No work should be more dangerous than duells.

Duells and fort battles should be the dangerous elements of the game - you can win much or lose much by them. Working should be the "safe" alternative.

So please reconsider the danger element of the game. Because it is not fun if your game time is not defined by the blue / green bar but by the red bar whatever you do. And yes I have to go to a hotel to sleep even by doing stuipd low level jobs on the beta server, while my energy bar is not nearly depleted just because of accidents. That is with an adventurer!

11. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    They should make anyone with over 4000 health to get hit on duels by a extra damage of 200 for each shot that hits (one hit on the head that would makes 400, would get 600 on someone with extra health). That would make it a good point for people that just get health to fort battles.

And Why? Because if you are only on health, you are too fat. So you can´t dodge any shot from the enemy.

On the jobs it´s the same thing. You are too fat so any damage that you get will hurt you more than anyone that has other skills.

I like the new danger on the jobs. That makes the ones that just do fort fights and have 100% of there skills just on health and strenght get to think on moving some points out of there to get less damage and play the game on other fronts.
    Just watch that 90% of the new players of the last 6 months are all soldiers.
    (well we have to count on the number of multis that makes into that group).

They already reduced the damage that people get.
    I was getting 900 on the marshall, now im getting 650. With the same points.
    So the damage has been reduced.
    Now.. if you are a fat cat and want to climb onto the 4 floor window... you can use the stairs (instructions) but, if you fall, you should get damage for your size.

Before, what was a 900 damage on break up gangs? 60% of an adventurer health. Less than 15% of a fat cat.

I do hope they change the numbers on the forts. Make health be a danger for anyone that has more than some other skills. If you have more health than the other one, you get negative points on the calculations.
    That would take out those fat cats from the fort fights and we would go back to a normal fort fight where health is just one of the 9 skills needs... and not the only one.

12. robertoafonso

robertoafonso Reservist

Main Server:
    PT
    [​IMG]

8% green

2 jobs 228hp lost, lol

13. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    8% is the possibility of getting an accident.

:( you got unlucky on those.

114 following the green, you had over 2000 health correct?

14. Katzazi

Katzazi Guest

You get less damage, because you have more points spent into the job.

With 2.0 the damage is a given percentage of your max-hp. So there you get hurt more, when you have more health. But that is not a good idea.

I have no character with only points into health and strength.

Actually my 6k adventurer can do all jobs but 13! So yes, I picked a skill to do other stuff than fort battles - I really skilled so that I can do most of the jobs!

I already pass on duells with this skill. I cannot do them - it is one major part of the game! So why should I also be hurt by doing the thing I skilled for beside of for battles?

Everybody can join a fort battle and can get a huge bunch of experience and bonds by just going there. You don't need anything to earn stuff there. It's because there are those other players who go to the front and probably die there in even most of the battles that they win! And if they don't die they leave the battle with so few hp that they will not survive any duell afterwards. So why should those players be hurt even more? That makes no sense.

15. Rangor

Rangor Reservist

[report=315648808ea81e5cad]Job report: Hunt rattlesnakes[/report]

hunt rattlesnakes: yellow with 29 % danger in my best gear for the job and 1350 max hp.

damage taken on the job 581 :up: which is 43,037037 % of my max hp

16. robertoafonso

robertoafonso Reservist

Main Server:
    PT
    on the print screen i have in enewetak 760hp

17. idiomatiks

idiomatiks Guest

114/760=0,15 => 15% damage

18. Rangor

Rangor Reservist

[report=316152280d9dc494fb]Job report: Mercenary work[/report]

mercenary work: yellow 1470 max hp and damage taken 485 = 32,99 % :up:

19. idiomatiks

idiomatiks Guest

Is this a joke?

Demolishing the dam - red danger

You got bitten by a beaver. You lose 9 health points.
    My max HP is 460 so it is ~2%.

A big branch falls on you. You lose 69 health points
    that is 15%.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2012
  20. Rangor

Rangor Reservist

[report=31669537bb1292037b]Job report: Bounty hunter[/report]

:D Unbelievable, I take less damage with more max hp from a red danger job!

Max hp 1600 and damage taken 320.

Great Job :up: