1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Danger (chance of getting hurt on jobs)

Discussion in 'Version 2.0' started by The-Iceman, Aug 24, 2012.

Share This Page

1. kimba

kimba Private

yep...we spend more time asleep now...
    great action game :p

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  2. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    The map loading is very very heavy.
    I have a 1mb connection and it takes over 2 minutes for the login. Then each time i move around, i need to wait some more time to update, because my computer is slow.
    Then there is the actions... the place of work sometimes doesn´t open the jobs. (i just need to have the mini map open and that happens much of the times)
    Then there is the size of the map. On my screen i can only see my picture, the compass of the mini map and nothing more.
    To see anything else i need to use the scroll.

(and those things are not bugs... since i tryed on a faster connection and a better computer and the only problem(except the 43 seconds it taked to login) was the size of the map that had the same problem i have here)

3. Zeta

Zeta Guest

i just did 40 times a green danger job(so lowest amount of danger)

the damage i got during that job was 5 times 10% and 1 time 15%(of my total health), that means, after spending 80 energy i lost 65% of my hp on a supposedly not to dangerous job. i think for a job thats green(so not yellow=medium, red=dangerous) 10% and 15% damage is a lot, since most low level jobs are green, that means that if you need to spam job those low level jobs and get hit 10-15% of your hp occasionally that gets you into the hospital fast.

2-5% would be more accurate i believe for such a green job(and still be tedious, but managable

4. Bluep

Bluep Guest

I complain a lot about this update, but upon now I can't complain about the injuries...

Out of 47 reports there's only one with an injury: Bounty Hunter, 292 / ~1450 HP (~ 20%)

But I guess that's pure luck... according to what's written down here, the damage system must be changed!

Perhaps deal out the damage relative to your CURRENT HP instead of your max HP?
    (Ok, that's quite unlogical, and you will never ever pass out while working; but perhaps something inbetween..?)

5. Zeta

Zeta Guest

ok just did yellow job, and got hit for 25%, its seems green, yellow and red jobs got 2-3 certain fixed amounts of hurt you can get? maybe nice to get those on a row?

secondly for pure fortfighters who basically have to sacrifice every other aspect in this game this measure is worst, since losing 2-3 or even 5k!!! hp on 1 job is just nonsense, they barely can do jobs already and now also get punished hardest(i think their maybe should be a max cap like 500-1000 damage you could get?)

but anyone knows precisely the percentages you can get per danger colour?

6. medfly

medfly Private

I may be the only one who actually likes the fact that job danger has increased. I mean, this is supposed to be The West... it wasn't safe to do anything!

This changes the game for pure laborers, but why should they be safe from harm when dueling and fort fighting carries it's own dangers?

I think I share a concern about the amount of damage that can be done. This radically changes the way a fort fighter ahead of a battle will decide to do any chores, especially if they stand to lose half their health collecting wood!

7. kauri

kauri Guest

Why were they safe before v2? They could still be dueled and pass out. I agree an accident is normal once in a while, but as often and as harmful as it is now it's not cool.

8. idiomatiks

idiomatiks Guest

i get Breaking in horses green danger at 22% and Iron mining yellow at 10%??

9. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    Basically... it didn´t change.
    The change was on that each accident now gets you a percentage of your maximum health.
    A player with 7000 health and using instructions to get a harder job open, wouldn´t care if he lost 900 points. That was, less than, 30 minutes sleeping on his big fort, nothing to matter.
    Now they would think twice before doing one of those hard jobs with instructions... or even without them.
    Since they could lose 6000 health... On the adventurer side, the jobs will get you massive damage during the quests. But if you are have, almost, all your skills on health, you will get massive damage and not a small dent that can be corrected in a few minutes of sleep.

PS- right now a fort fighter can just get things like, 90% into health, remains on some other points. They would buy those 250 points instructions and do 85%% of the jobs, they wouldn´t matter if they lost 900 points on free slaves.... but for an adventurer that has 1700 of health, that was over 50% of his total health.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  10. kimba

kimba Private

Hope dies last:
    Break up gangs - 27% Danger. x8 I need instructions(two of them) in ways to do the job. meanwhile, I cannot do another job, if so the 5 uses are gone. what shall I do?... log in here each and every day, to say that the 2.0 suck's!...a lot :mad:

11. idiomatiks

idiomatiks Guest

i just lost 39hp on stream fishing with my lvl 21 character with max 390 HP.
    i thought 1% meant 1/100 of max HP?

did some breaking in horses with 23% danger
    i have one injury with 39 hp damage and another with 78 hp damage.

i did Breaking in horses for repeatable quest with 0 additional LPs.
    max HP of my character is 390.

10 jobs; 5 times hurt while working
    3x 39 damage
    2x 78 damage

i also noticed danger percentage rising while motivation was dropping; i started at 23%, then it got to 24% and now i have it at 25% with 50% motivation.
    Why would that change as i changed nothing in my skills or clothes. Is it now motivation dependent?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2012
  12. Bluep

Bluep Guest

The given percentage with danger is only the possibility to get hurt;
    The actual damage is given by the color of the underlying bar; green for little, yellow for medium, and red for grave injuries.

All 3 types are intervals, don't know if all of them are already known, but as far as I've read, red damage type goes up to 50% of your (max) health points.

13. The-Iceman

The-Iceman Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    I have done Perform with Buffalo Bill 5 times in 4 days and I have been hit with the message below 4 times
    4 out of 5 times is an 80% chance of getting hurt, which quite frankly is ridiculous
    We didn't sign up to play this game to be fearful of doing jobs
    This level of damage is acceptable if you are duelling other players
    In my opinion it's not acceptable when you are trying to get some enjoyment and keep getting trashed instead
    Please reduce the danger to an acceptable level

It's gets even worse

Chasing bandits (today at 8:26am)
    You try to hide in a green bush.
    Unfortunately, you wore your new bright red-blue yellow jacket with the little bells on it
    You lose 344 health points

Perform with Bufflao Bill (today at 10:30am)
    When performing a trick with your horse, you slide off and fall under your horse's hooves.
    You lose 344 Health points

Marriage Swindler (Today at 12:30pm)
    Your mother-in-law has mixed poison into your cake, That old witch!
    You lose 396 health points

Thats 3 major losses, back to back, for 1084 health and that's pure bullcrap

A few hours later with 2 more back to back Health losses

Hunt rattlesnakes (Today at 5:47pm)
    You manage to retreat from the snake just in time, but you trip and tumble down a slope
    You lose 120 Health points

Hunt Rattlesnakes (Today at 6:47pm)
    The snake was too fast and bites your leg
    You lose 740 health points (Danger was 22% which should have been a loss of 378 Health)
    It was actually 44% of 1720 health, which is double what is actually posted for that job

I have ended up with 138 Health and 122 Energy and I'm now fearful of doing any more jobs, as I am sure to get KO'd
    My only alternative is to purchase Health Elixer to continue working
    Has this been done deliberately, to generate more income for INNOGames?

Thats 5 lots of danger in 10 hours for a total of 1944 Health loss
    Are you guys adamant that you want to ruin this game for the players?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  14. medfly

medfly Private

I'm starting to amend my original thoughts on job danger a bit... I just got nailed for 1150 health on Ambush as a 2500 HP character. On a 10 minute job, that is way too much. That of course was after the 600 and 800 points of damage I took Hunting Rattlesnakes!

I still think there's a place for high danger threat, but these higher values need to be limited to the more difficult 2 hour jobs, and those jobs need to better compensate for that risk with money and/or high percentage luck drops. These jobs currently provide high XP, but if you are already a high level player, this is meaningless. The money that I receive currently on these jobs in the update is actually less than what it used to be!

Job danger as it occurs right now has major implications on duelers and fort fighters. No one's going to risk Clearing the Forest pre-battle if they're going to lose half their health in the process, and we all only have so many nuggets and bonds to buy health buffs.

15. Mitsu

Mitsu Guest

I confirm, this new system of getting hurt on jobs is completely exaggerated :mad::mad::mad:

For exemple : I have 1710 pv at this moment, i have done the job "robbing trains" i have 162 additional points on it and i get a damage of 1368 in ONE session...

It's completely insane !:mad:

I have the feeling that this new system is just to push us to buy potion at the shop with nuggets !

16. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    The number you see on the danger bar is the Possibility of getting an accident on job.
    The value of that accident is selected by the color of the bar.
    From what i could try:
    Green - between 1 and 15%
    Yellow - between 16% and 45%
    Red - Between 46% and 80%
    Darker red - Between 81% and 100%.
    (value of your base health)

17. Bluep

Bluep Guest

erm.. darker red? I only noticed green - yellow - red :blink:
    Which jobs to have the darker red..?

And are you sure about your calculations? Did you use your MAX HP instead of your current...?
    I got green ~5%, yellow ~25%, red ~50%

18. idiomatiks

idiomatiks Guest

I have green on Carving out claims
    i got 40HP damage and 60HP damage with max Helath 400. That is 10% and 15% of max health.

19. Zeta

Zeta Guest

green is 10 or 20% of your hp
    yellow 15 or 25% of your hp
    red is 20 or 50% of your hp

could be a 3rd fixed percentage for all colours in between

what i just find annoying if i search for a product with a 10% droprate i am searching for ages, however 10% chance of getting hurt on the job gets me hurt a lot lol

20. Zeta

Zeta Guest

ok now a new update come, and either we get a lot less damage from getting hurt or devs really lost their mind

93% chance to get hurt on transporting ammo(red danger job)? and for a lot of other jobs i see 50%+ hurtrates

that either means those % drop faster with lp, or that the amount of damage from jobs is lowered to like 5% max