1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Danger (chance of getting hurt on jobs)

Discussion in 'Version 2.0' started by The-Iceman, Aug 24, 2012.

Share This Page

1. The-Iceman

The-Iceman Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    Why have the devs increased the Danger level on jobs to such a high level
    Ambush requires 422 Labor points
    I had 266 additional Labor points and the Danger level was still 26%

I did 1 session of 5 minutes and got hit as follows
    You have ambushed a US Marshall, you lose 344 health points

On 2 previous jobs, I got hit for over 800 Health in 2 back to back jobs
    I had to purchase Health Elixer to enable me to continue working, for fear of getting hit again
    These sort of damage levels really take the fun out of playing this game
    Also, it takes 4 Energy to do 5 minutes work on Ambush
    That equates to 48 Energy per hour, which is double what it used to be, before the update
    Why the massive increase in the Energy requirements?

I sometimes think that the devs have a warped sense of humour, as it would appear that they delight in raising our stress levels

Please go back to making the danger levels proportionate to the labor points on the jobs
    Those levels of Danger are completely unfair, when you have so many excess labor points on a job

2. kauri

kauri Guest

This version is currently not 'adventurers friendly' in any way. A jobs build is highly prejudiced, unlike a duels build that is apparently the one bringing most advantages. I hope they tweak it and give a little love to the builds that are not duel based.

3. Bluep

Bluep Guest

It's not always the same ratio of time & energy (and that's really confusing sometimes...)
    Examples:
    • Scare birds off the field: 5 Energy / 1 min (= 120 / hour)
    • Harvesting fields: 3 Energy / 3 min (= 60 / hour)
    • Picking cotton: 3 Energy / 2 min (= 90 / hour)
    • Robbing settlers: 5 Energy / 10 min (= 30 / hour)
    • Stealing horses: 8 Energy / 30 min (= 16 / hour)
    My first thought was: The more (physically) exhausting the job is, the more energy is drained.
    But that proved wrong, it seems to be some kind of weird InnoGames logic :D

4. Besss

Besss Guest

The same thing for me.

I think the danger will be less if you have enough additionnal point :

[​IMG]

Near of the KO with 87 additionnal point.

5. Leones

Leones The West Team

From the devblog:

6. The-Iceman

Main Server:
    (You lose 1224 health points)
    That amount of damage is absolutely insane

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  7. Petee

Petee Sergeant Elite Tester

You need to have more additional labor points than the difficulty of the job for the additional labor points to have any effect. That means, you have to overcome the difficulty two times in order to earn extra rewards, including decreasing danger. Insane? Yes it is... Or maybe a bug.

8. kimba

kimba Private

same here
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    one of the most difficult quest's in the game, seems now impossible to do inside a reasonable time. 5% drop of motivation at each 5 minutes ?!
    what I foresee is a previous massive abandon by dozen's of players. if not hundered's...
    dev's have managed to turn one off the best browser game ever, into a "thing" that nobody seems to like.
    too much changes, make another game. this not the one I used to love playing. I am not in the mood to learn another, under the same name.

9. FricFrac

FricFrac Guest

according to devblog, additional LPs only decrease the probability to get hurt; the amount of damage stays the same (but that written was in july).

10. The-Iceman

Main Server:
    I just noticed that Guard (Work as a Marshall) being one of the repeatable quests, requires you to do it 7200 times to complete it
    If you did it twice a day it would take a year and the reward is 500 XP
    Surely that has to be a a massive blunder

PS: As soon as my Nuggets are depleted, I'm gone
    I have supported INNOGames for over 7 years and nothing we seem to say makes an iota of difference
    The Developers stubborn inability to pay attention to the end users, has finally wore me down
    I'm tired of playing a game that just gets more frustrating with every update
    They seem to have forgotten the fact that this is supposed to be FUN
    Yes guys, I will repeat it, all the FUN FUN FUN has gone for me and I bet there are many who feel the same way

11. Zeta

Zeta Guest

thats correct however the probabilty atm maybe drops 1% lol even if you got +200% and 38 or 37% chance of getting hurt still is massive

the danger bar has 3 colours, green, yellow, red where red danger you can lose 10-50% hp everytime you get hurt, and green i believe 2.5-10%

i feel the probability on many jobs is to high(and barely drops with additional lp) and that the percentages are to high, i think losing 20% on a red job or so can be max, its still very high, but if they tweak the probabilty to max 10% or so thats 1 outta 10 jobs you get hit for 20% so queing 4-9 jobs won't ko you if you start full hp

12. the simmies

the simmies Guest

Don't forget the duration of the job. It's insane to get hurt by 20% if you do a 5 minute job, so I think it would be sane to always begin calculating from 1 hour. Well, let's assume we take up the above mentioned plan and 20% is max. That's 20% in one hour. Since you can select 9 jobs with premium in a row (and thus have the possibility to leave for a while), you would have to be VERY unlucky to get KO, since 5 of your 9 selected jobs have to be the maximum. I think that's right. Maybe 25% as a max, but not more.

Especially short jobs are killing. 5 minutes should mean 25/12=~2, so 2% of your health. That's fair, since you can select dozens of that job within the same duration as the 1 hour jobs, and you get hurt the same. :)

13. kimba

kimba Private

still don't get it, right?
    we (I think I can speak for most players) are here for the fun of it. in case I wanted to spend my time here doing calculations off this and that (I'm no rocket cientist). I'd rather be at school.
    so tell me me...WHERE is the fun of it? worries I have a lot in my personal time. I sit here each day for years, for the fun, you (InnoGames) seem to live in a oister. keep doing things in your own way.
    beware, one of these days wen you came out off that oister, maybe you notice that you're alone...

FUN FUN FUN, please....:(

14. TheMoonWoman

TheMoonWoman Corporal

15. kimba

kimba Private

I wonder...
    Does everybody plays in pc's that can support the loading of the game? are they all rich?!
    Here in Portugal, 90% of the players that have tested the new version, have that problem. this for straters, what comes in battles in worlds that have several a day?
    Half off them, are about to quit playing, the other half is considering it.
    It's allright with you, oister-boys?

16. Muf-Muf

Muf-Muf Private First Class Former Team Member

Easy to say, Kimba, and there might be some truth in your words, but on what do you base your percentages? ;)

17. kauri

kauri Guest

Yeah, throwing in random percentages doesn't make your point more valid. But I do understand it, even though I don't have any problems with it in my laptop (don't have a PC). I still haven't tried to access this version in my tablet nor cell phone, will do that soon.

18. fanney

fanney Guest

[​IMG]

This is ridiculous...

19. kimba

kimba Private

Well, for sure it's not an accurate %, neither it's random. I might be wrong, but not far from the reallity. I base myself in what I see in pt chat-rooms, pt fórum, etc. but still I'm talking about player's that have registered for the first time in beta sever to take a pick off what is comming. they are not many, so it is easy to find an aproximate %. those players are going to give their impression to all the others in pt servers.
    In any case, I'm just another frustated player who soon will be quiting this "thing"

20. This is insane the amount of damage you take. I can only do certain jobs once or twice and then have to go and sleep. This has to be a bug, otherwise it will take forever to finish certain tasks/quests.