1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Christmas Sale Feedback

Discussion in 'Versions 2.08 & 2.09' started by Diggo11, Dec 17, 2013.

Share This Page

1. Jerom398

Jerom398 Guest

how about a no, 50 bonds is also good :D

2. .Surge.

.Surge. Guest

250 bonds for a 25% chance of useles tie or hat? suuure, sounds good :D
    50 bonds would be great :)

3. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    On the truce days we could get 1 bag on the daily login instead of the normal login prizes.

Even that the market prices are crashing down... so fast.

4. Jerom398

Jerom398 Guest

truce days?

5. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    Why dont you just bring in some xmas spirit and let all have a xmas bag each day for free.
    Please give us some options to win something else than old stuff. Yes you might be able to buy some of the items directly - but I dont really want to spend all my time staring at the shop.

6. FricFrac

FricFrac Guest

10 old common items are too much and 10 new super rare items are not enough.
    I have just seen 10 new boots gone in less then 10 minutes.

7. henry j.

henry j. Reservist

why 3k for the chest and no bonds option because the limit is 2k .

lower it to 2k nuggs and make bonds an option on chest and bag its an eassy fix

also if you plan giving a free bag and add the buffs in the cycle make another bag , i dont want a 50k bag with a buff in it :p

8. father jack

father jack Private First Class

Its really sad people safe bonds all year for a 2nd chance to fill sets. Then they get this. Isn't Christmas about giving?

Thank you
    Ebenezer Scrooge

9. Hobie

Hobie Private First Class

Reading the comments, it comes across as a lot of people wanting free items for doing nothing. i'm a free player, level 50 and i managed to have enough cash for 14 plays, because i gathered products, sold them on the market, and saved the money. So I'm not sure what everyone's excuse is. Is it that hard to save money, no. If they had chosen bonds over in game cash, I would not be here telling them how horrible it is and how it benefits only the rich players. They don't have to do these events at all and certainly this one is about as fair as it gets for free players, because you have a shot at getting all of those expensive tombola items you could never afford for only 50k. Myself, I won a DOI, Chinga's Breastplate, Freeman's Jacket, Eaton's Tomahawk, then just hats and ties. Several have had the same level of success, just look at the markets and the prices of those previously expensive items. This was a great choice with a level cap increase coming, they are not flooding the servers with new sets (other than one which is better than 3), no prize for top spender, and when the level cap does increase they will avoid players crying over how much they just spent on new items that will be made obsolete.

I do wish bonds could be used, but the ratio needed would just make people complain. In this events case, 250 nuggets is worth a lot more than 250 bonds. So either they would have to raise the cost across the board or increase a bond amount anyway.

A Free play of some sort would have been nice, even if it was a once per day daily gift for buffs and the very slim (fair like) possibility to get an item, but in terms of the timing and the future of the game, this is a great and thought out event that does not need to be changed to accommodate those who just expect everything for free

10. DonPatch

DonPatch Guest

I agree that nuggets are worth more than bonds, but look at the shop. The items there always cost x bonds and x nuggets. Nuggets (only concerning those items) are only for lazy and rich players.

11. Zoetje

Zoetje Guest

You’re right, they don’t have to do anything and you’re also right that what they are offering is not bad at all and that they’re not flooding the game with new sets.

However not evereyone has a lot of money, I myself had just been reskilling for gg. Selling products or clothes on the market for a lot of profit, …I rather help my friends with products and clothes.

I know that’s my choice and I now know that that’s probably not the right way to play the game.

Frankly I won’t lose a nights sleep over not beeing able to participate this event, but I still have the opinion that it’s not the christmas spirit; that people (low levels, reskilling, helping others), are not able to participate.. I thought christmas was about giving to the poor, when did that change…? If you “give” something, think of all,even a little thing will do

12. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    Some dont even have the option to buy nuggetts and some of us have spend a lot of nugget during this year. So I think that a little fun and xmas spirit would be nice. This year has been one huge nugget event.
    Many players have left the game because they fell that the game has been turned into a big money machine. So to give a little back it would be nice with just a little for free.

13. FricFrac

FricFrac Guest

Perhaps you could add bond-buy option as well; we could use it on individual items and on mega christmas bag.
    (and yes, i have saved a lot of bonds for this event on all my worlds; but spent most of my extra cash on that weekly .net tombola)

14. Hobie

Hobie Private First Class

they have given free plays on all other tombolas and also just gave an advent calendar. not to mention the ability to get items like DOI possibly for 50k in game cash via the xmas mega bags so that's a bit far from doing nothing. as mentioned im a free player. i do not buy nuggets and see no reason why this event is unfair. it would be nice to have bond options and a free play, but they are not required to and very easily could have left it off all of the tombolas over the last year to avoid this topic all together. its kind of them to have had free plays and bond plays period

15. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    Thanks once more for everyone's feedback. You are right Hobie, it seems popularity-wise this update was staked on people being satisfied with purchasing in dollars and not flooding the game with new sets. Nevertheless, I see some good points to the contrary here too, so I will keep trying to see what can be done in the limited timeframe we have. (I can't make any promises, though.)

16. MFRavenhawk

MFRavenhawk Reservist

As a player who does both free play (bonds only) and pay play (nugget purchases), I understand the pros and cons to the way this event was set up.

I use nuggets on only one world, and play free on the rest where I am a relatively 'new' player (started in April, still under lev 80). As such the differences in my avatars on my main world and the others are radical....their inventories in particular.

My main issue against the current layout is the lack of bond use since on the newer worlds I do not have the game cash to gain anything of the new items (in previous events I relied on bonds exclusively, and dont have very much, but I had the chance to get something)...and the restriction against bonds stops this. Yes, there is the 'argument' I can still use nuggets instead and if I dont then that is my 'choice'....but that belies the single fact that this event is now forcing that 'choice', compared to previous events.

Using game cash isnt an entirely fair option over bonds since the majority of players who do have large banks of game cash got them from investing nuggets and bonds into previous events and the UP Store, then selling those items on the market at inflated prices to other such players who still need those items for themselves. In short, you have a small pool of pay players who basically trade items and game cash back and forth ...while most of the free players struggle along occasionally getting lucky enough to make a small profit selling that rare second item acquisition or selling something they managed to win for something else they might want (be it to complete a collection of a single set, or whatever reason they might have).

Saying that we still have the Advent Calendar is fallacious since the calandar doesnt drop the buffs that it used to, that were commonly available in the free spins on previous events, either. We never got job product from the previous events, so the job products gained from the calendar serve no real improvement to one's avatar except if they are chasing Rupert Walker's ghost.

Of course, within my budget, I will still spend nuggets on World 1 to try and finish the sets I still need to complete and gain the new Winter Set; and will keep playing for free on the other worlds and hope to find some of these items at some future date...absent any potential changes InnoGames sees fit to employ. However, that doesnt change my opinion that the way this event was set up compared to the others since this game began was poorly thought out in consideration to all the players of the game, not just those who can afford to invest large sums of real life money on all worlds.

17. Ghoulshadow

Ghoulshadow Guest

I´m personally puzzled by the prices. 55 euro´s to buy the christmas bag, and have a chance at the new set, or chance at another set you might want

for 55 euro i can buy a triple A game. So hard to imagine anyone but the extremely wealthy (be it ingame or in real life) who will buy anything.

18. L.L.D

L.L.D Reservist

I just think that a higher variety of prices (dollars and nuggets) would be enought to change in that small time... :up:

19. father jack

father jack Private First Class

:up:

This is the biggest problem. Olga has said it twice. But ofc mods pick the posts that support it. InnoGames will release it to all worlds.

Thank you
    Ebenezer Scrooge

PS Christmas is about giving. When will InnoGames see that :(

20. fafer

fafer Guest

Christmas sale just hit .net worlds.

I'm looking at it like this:
    bunch of rare items could be available for cheap prices!

all pants -> only 250.000$
    rifles at 800.000$

that's like really good deal for those rare stuff. it will finally drop prices of some high priced items.

as for beta economy, i don't know, i'm not following it at all.