• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Hello, Guest.
    This is the questions section. Here you can ask any question related to the game.
    Please make sure you read this thread before you post here!

Chests from new shop...

DeletedUser

Have tried new shop today and there is something messed up with those chests...

Have opened 4 unique chests (each one costs 500) and got:
-Precise breech-loader
-Brown leader pants
-Black leader pants
-Yellow soft leg guards

Those costs me 2000 and I can hardly sell altogether for like 50K on market...

After that I've opened steel lined chest costs only 175 and got:
-Cheyenne's fur pants

Those I can easily sell for like 60K+ on market...

So something is not right here... :confused: You've messed up something with those chests... Don't want anything in return but please repair this so others won't buy useless unique chests...

DeletedUser1902

one friend buy the chest (175UDP) and get Al sweargens eagle belt :D

DeletedUser

Just don't buy unique... they're junk... lol... buy steel lined rather... :D

Deleted User - 40

The Unique chest has a higher variety of items. Therefore it depends more on luck if you get a good item or not.
The steel lined chest is the safer way to go but the chance to get a very good item is lower.

DeletedUser2845

I'm sorry to hear that Pocahonttas.this really sucks.but thanks to put it on forum.i did want to buy a unique chest,not anymore :(
LE: Does someone pray inn those high lvl church and then open a chest?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The Unique chest has a higher variety of items. Therefore it depends more on luck if you get a good item or not.
The steel lined chest is the safer way to go but the chance to get a very good item is lower.

I don't get this one. As far as i understand, you say that with the unique chest, the chance is lower than in a steel lined because you need more luck (more luck equals lower chance, right?).

In the next sentence, you say that the chance to get a good item in a steel lined is lower.

Which one is true?

Important note: Unique is worth 500 bonds. Steel 175 bonds. So unique should own the steel chest very hard. But instead, it's more profitable to buy more steel's, since they have better items.

DeletedUser1304

I understand way that unique chest has more items and also more rare items so ratio to get rare item is lower than steel lined box, on other hand steel lined box has less items but also less rare items, so ratio to get rare item is even lower than unique box.

example unique 13%
steel lined 7%

when you compare ration all items in the box and rare items. Note, numbers are just informative. I may be completely wrong, just understand this way what Joony said.

Deleted User - 40

Let's put it this way: The range of the items worth is larger in the unique chest. You have items in there that are better than the best items in the steel lined chest but you also have items that are worse.

DeletedUser

Let's put it this way: The range of the items worth is larger in the unique chest. You have items in there that are better than the best items in the steel lined chest but you also have items that are worse.

I See just like christmas quest you guys didn't learn a thing after the christmas boxes i guess still same old story of trying to trick people with marketing strategy

DeletedUser

In that case, why is the unique chest roughly 3 times as expensive compared to the steel lined? That seems out of proportion if you can get better items, but also worse. A price of 350-400 sounds as more fair. Don't think people are going to save bonds/nuggets for a unique. Better wait two times as long and take premium chest or take 3 items out of Steel.

DeletedUser

For what it is worth, I got Williams Pistol Belt & a Green Pistol Belt from the two Unique chests I opened and a Counterfeit Gun from the limited edition Premium chest.

Remember higher end chests INCREASE your odds of getting a RARE item, but are FAR from a GUARANTEE

DeletedUser2845

6 steel chest one fancy.
2 Sam houston's studded belt
fancy stetson
fancy linen pants
brown army pants
fancy coat and another crap item that i dont remember.

:confused:

DeletedUser

3x steel lined:
fancy soft leg guards :eek:
gramont's pistol :blink:
pillow :mad:

DeletedUser

@ Joony

If you guys would just publish what is in each box at what percentage. I think this would help everybody to make a sound decision.

I would like this but I know it won't happen....:(

DeletedUser1352

@ Joony

If you guys would just publish what is in each box at what percentage. I think this would help everybody to make a sound decision.

I would like this but I know it won't happen....:(

its all random.

DeletedUser

no it isn't as to being random you still need a set of items at a set percantage (I hope you know how probability calculations work) and that is what I want to see. Then these discussens about being treated unfair would stop as you would then know what you are buying. After you know what you are buying you know if you were lucky or just had a bad day and the generalization as it is occuring right now would stop (at least with those who have some idea about math).

DeletedUser1352

no it isn't as to being random you still need a set of items at a set percantage (I hope you know how probability calculations work) and that is what I want to see. Then these discussens about being treated unfair would stop as you would then know what you are buying. After you know what you are buying you know if you were lucky or just had a bad day and the generalization as it is occuring right now would stop (at least with those who have some idea about math).

but the calculations are made so that it is random ;) it also only picks a random clothing piece that is over the minimum worth

btw you can get more shiny stuff from the steel lined chest because most shiny stuff are under 10k ;)

DeletedUser

but the calculations are made so that it is random ;) it also only picks a random clothing piece that is over the minimum worth

btw you can get more shiny stuff from the steel lined chest because most shiny stuff are under 10k ;)

With this statement I am quite sure you don't understand how probability calculations work.

Hier you can find out how it works. So now our experiment would be opening a chest. The outcomes of our experiment are all the different items you can get out of a quest (a thing I woul like to know from innogames). An event would be you opening a chest and getting a speciffic item like Wyatt Earp's Buntline. Now the probability of you getting Wyatt Earp's Buntline tells you how likely it is that this particuler event occurs. Now those probabilitys I would like to know from innogames as well.

So now for your statement. Assuming that every item over 10k has the same probability. As shiny items are more expensive than the not named items of its category (eg. Wyatt's Buntline is more expensive than the Precise Buntline). So if we make a cut at a certain value eg 10k the ratio of shiny to not shiny items above that value is higer than below that value.
So the event "you get a shiny item" occurs more often with the higher value chest. (Again under the presumption that the probability for every item is the same)
I hope you now understand better how probability works. The actual event occuring is random but if you look at a big number of casses the outcome is not random. If you have questions or anybody else please ask.

PS.: @innogames I would like these numbers to make sound decissions. Otherwise the outcome for me as a player is random and you guys get the hatetalk you are getting right now (look at the christmas present event or what this topic is going through)...

DeletedUser

devs wont release the actual % for the items to drop...that's clear... but they can be found easily if you happen to meet a "tester". That is, a player which has also access to a testing account. There, he can actually buy 10000 steels or premium, or whatever chests. But, this takes time and patience to write everything down and come up with all these %. And even then, I am not sure he has the liberty to disclose this info.
Maybe its easier if everyone will just write what they got and make some stats out of this. Assuming people don't lie ^^