• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Chat improvment

A.B.C

Reservist
Hello!
I have some ideas for chat improvement:
- It's kind of difficult to create and keep a private room "/join [RoomName] [Password]". You need to send whisper to all your friends that you want to invite on that chat room. That should be an integrated option on chat already like the whisper is, something like: "create private room" and then a button for "add players" where you type the nicknames. They will receive a notification to accept or decline the chat room.
- If you log off, private room will be not saved, so there should be an option to save the specific room if you need that. I am tired of creating a new room every single day
- There is no sound notification when somebody is typing in the room. There should be an option to allow notifications for the chat room.

Is not much, and I know that is a possible thing to do.

Lordofgods

Private
Other idea about, need lvl 25 to use chat because ppl toxic creating fake account lvl 1 for to threat, bullying, etc using anonymous browser.
This become chat toxic environment and players give up to continue playing game.

Doesn't seem a good ideia to attract new players to the game, imagine not having any interaction when you start the game the game for the first time...and The-West isn't really the most appealing game ever.

Rachelek

Reservist
Doesn't seem a good ideia to attract new players to the game, imagine not having any interaction when you start the game the game for the first time...and The-West isn't really the most appealing game ever.
Why not? It is only the administration's fault that we have a dead game and we had one of the best browser games ever.
New players? Don't be kidding me ... If you continue to spit on the handful left until the end of the year, they're gonna get rid of the toughest freaks.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Hello!
I have some ideas for chat improvement:
- It's kind of difficult to create and keep a private room "/join [RoomName] [Password]". You need to send whisper to all your friends that you want to invite on that chat room. That should be an integrated option on chat already like the whisper is, something like: "create private room" and then a button for "add players" where you type the nicknames. They will receive a notification to accept or decline the chat room.
- If you log off, private room will be not saved, so there should be an option to save the specific room if you need that. I am tired of creating a new room every single day
- There is no sound notification when somebody is typing in the room. There should be an option to allow notifications for the chat room.

Is not much, and I know that is a possible thing to do.
A nice idea. I will pass this along :)

Other idea about, need lvl 25 to use chat because ppl toxic creating fake account lvl 1 for to threat, bullying, etc using anonymous browser.
This become chat toxic environment and players give up to continue playing game.
Recently we report this incident in ticket TW BR and nothing happened.
I do believe this has been discussed before, not sure if it will be implemented, but I will mention it again to the team :).

DeletedUser500

I do believe this has been discussed before, not sure if it will be implemented, but I will mention it again to the team :).
In the really old days, we used to vote on ideas that were to be passed on to the development team, it seemed like a really good way to avoid terrible things being passed on, like taking away chat rights, literally the most integral feature in this Role Playing Game, from legitimate new accounts.

Obviously I'm sorry for the BR market if their moderation team can't keep up with malicious players - but that's not a new thing, we all just have to report and ignore them - but maybe it could be a togglable local feature to be used as a temporary emergency measure.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
In the really old days, we used to vote on ideas that were to be passed on to the development team
That is still, of course, still allowed and even more so appreciated :)
like taking away chat rights, literally the most integral feature in this Role Playing Game, from legitimate new accounts.
As mentioned above, I doubt such a feature will be implemented, but some forms of it might :)