• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Character Classes Update/RE-Balancing

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Duelist and worker don't need any buff, I think that's pretty clear. I disagree with you on this one, Madara.
Appearance is broken, nobody should have extra appearance. If you're a soldier let's say you can defend yourself because of the extra tactics, but what about the other classes?
If you want to compete in dueling just simply select the 2 most logical classes that duel ( Dueler and Soldier )
What about those who chose their class 10-12 years ago when bonuses weighed differently? And since when is this game logical? Nothing in this game makes sense, why only some classes have advantages in pvp? And if you're going to make that argument, why should the soldier have duel bonuses and the adventurer not have adventure bonuses?

DoUzOs

Reservist
The west is not all about duels and forts.
The West is a dying game. Since the multiplayer/PVP aspect of the game, meaning duels and fort fights is the only thing keeping this game afloat, then yes, all classes should have dueling and fort fighting bonuses. Keep all the other bonuses exclusive for its class, that makes sense and I'm okay with it. But since almost everyone who isn't an AFKer berry picker is dueling and fort fighting, aim your focus there. Balance all classes so players choose between a bonus and not just pick the most overpowered class. I would really not like to play in a world with 50% soldiers and 50% duelers, leaving workers and adventurers out of the picture. Unless that's what InnoGames is striving for. Or just striving to destroy the game altogether so we can join their other games?

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
I strongly agree that every class should have their FF bonus but the most love right now must go to Adventurer so even if nothing will change for other classes regarding FF bonuses , Adventurer is a MUST and needs the most attention.
this.

disagree with the duels part, meaning all classes should have some some bonuses.
it's just Dueler class should be slightly better than the rest.

so keep the Uniqueness of classes but don't leave them useless for some parts of the game.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Duelist and worker don't need any buff, I think that's pretty clear. I disagree with you on this one, Madara.
Appearance is broken, nobody should have extra appearance. If you're a soldier let's say you can defend yourself because of the extra tactics, but what about the other classes?

What about those who chose their class 10-12 years ago when bonuses weighed differently? And since when is this game logical? Nothing in this game makes sense, why only some classes have advantages in pvp? And if you're going to make that argument, why should the soldier have duel bonuses and the adventurer not have adventure bonuses?
The West is a dying game. Since the multiplayer/PVP aspect of the game, meaning duels and fort fights is the only thing keeping this game afloat, then yes, all classes should have dueling and fort fighting bonuses. Keep all the other bonuses exclusive for its class, that makes sense and I'm okay with it. But since almost everyone who isn't an AFKer berry picker is dueling and fort fighting, aim your focus there. Balance all classes so players choose between a bonus and not just pick the most overpowered class. I would really not like to play in a world with 50% soldiers and 50% duelers, leaving workers and adventurers out of the picture. Unless that's what InnoGames is striving for. Or just striving to destroy the game altogether so we can join their other games?
There's a simple solution that InnoGames can do , allow a 1 time only class change.

DeletedUser500

I do strongly agree with the sentiments that all 4 classes should have (at least) 2 Fort Bonuses - Since it's the main multiplayer part of the multiplayer game where the main content is the interactions with other players.

Duelling.. I don't even know what could help duelling now short of a complete overhaul of the formula to take modern sets into account.

asdf124

Private First Class
Duelist
Nerfs:

In fort battles, you have the chance of 10 (20)% 7.5/15% to score a critical hit. Critical hits deduct an additional 10% from the maximum health points.
Buffs:

None.

Duelist
Buffs:

10-20% money bonus doing jobs, fort fights or duels.

I can't believe someone as experienced as you would nerf a class without buffing it in any way. If your willing to take something from them, you have to give them something to compensate.

Just balancing 101.

All in all , a PVP update on all classes is a MUST.

My suggestion is for the uniqueness of a class only adjusted/buffed/nerfed.

Adventurer uniqueness:

• The chance to find a product when working a job is increased by 10%.->20% (40% with prem)
  • The chance to find an item during work is increased by 10%.->20%(40% with prem)
  • You can use hotels in foreign towns for free until level 2.-> Change completely as it's a useless feature, maybe instead of free hotel , add regeneration bonus.
  • The chance to get hurt while working a job is lowered by 10%. 5% experience in jobs,duels fort battles ( 10% with prem)
  • Starting with hit 2 within one round of a fort battle, you have a chance of 25% to keep from being hit at all for the rest of the round.Change completely and add something more suitable for an adventurer.
Duelist uniqueness:

• The speed on the map is increased by 10%. No change
  • The motivation for dueling raises faster. It is increased 40% faster. No change
  • You receive 10% more money in a duel. No change
  • In fort battles, you have the chance of 10% to score a critical hit. Critical hits deduct an additional 10% of the maximum hit points. ( balance it )
  • You can perform duels within a radius of 15 minutes without traveling there. No change
  • Your battle hardened instincts allow you to see which skills and weapon your opponent wield in the duel menu ( no change )
Soldier uniqueness:
  • For each skill point given to the skill health points you receive an additional 5 health points for your character. No need for change
  • The level needed to use a weapon is lowered by 3 levels. ( Feels useless, maybe instead add 10% money as a bonus )
  • In duels you receive a bonus of 25% to your tactic skill. Balance it ( 15-30% like whynot said sounds good )
  • In fort battles, you increase the leadership skill for you and your four neighbors by 25% of your own leadership skill. No need for change
Worker uniqueness:

• The earned experience points for a job are increased by 5%. 10% ( 20% with prem )
  • You pay 2% less banking fees. Have +50% Labor Points (100% with prem)
  • When constructing buildings in town you receive a bonus of 5% to your labor points. 10% ( 20% with prem )
  • The motivation to construct buildings in town rises by 10% faster. 20%
  • In fort battles, your aiming and dodging are boosted by 20%. No need for change as Worker is not as op as it used to be.
Tell me you play worker/soldier/adventurer without telling me you play those classes!

I for one think if your gonna nerf anything, or buff anything. You need to do 1 buff to each class, not 3-4 buffs.

1 buff for each class at a time is more concentrated effort into balancing classes, while giving 2-3 buffs to each class is just insane, and highly not planned for.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Tell me you play worker/soldier/adventurer without telling me you play those classes!
I actually play all classes and like all classes. Though I am and will always be main Worker because it's the most balanced of them all. I actually don't think that any other classes than Adventurer have issues with FF. Only the dueler could be nerfed a bit but just a bit not at an extent that the class will become totally useless.

I actually changed a few more things in all classes you can check it out on the previous page and you can see that I nerf classes but I also buff them for different aspects.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
I can't believe someone as experienced as you would nerf a class without buffing it in any way. If your willing to take something from them, you have to give them something to compensate.
Why? If a class is overpowered, you shouldn't compensate for anything if you are nerfing an OP bonus. If after some time after the update it seems that the class is not performing properly, you can intervene with other buffers, but not from the first time.

Just balancing 101.
To balance means to transform an OP class to medium level and a weak one to medium level as well, if you nerf an OP class (like duelist) and you give it another buff to compense the nerf, you haven't balanced anything, you haven't actually done anything.

There's a simple solution that InnoGames can do , allow a 1 time only class change.
Yes, it would be great, but it's not technically possible and no one spends more than 5 minutes with this game code.
And if it were as you said, they would all become duelists, except the clones who would remain adventurers.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
if you nerf an OP class (like duelist) and you give it another buff to compense the nerf, you haven't balanced anything, you haven't actually done anything.
Not really , if you give him a buff of lets say 20% money from jobs and duels but nerf his criticals. You buff one aspect and nerf the important aspect

Remove all the +% skill bonuses and add interesting and unique bonuses instead.

More skills is bad for the game it makes it like only clothes matter

obai-the-king

Lance Corporal
honestly for me, the bonuses you wanted to put in also lifted my spirits, it brings a change, whether good or bad, but it's still a change. ask InnoGames for the impossible with unique skills when we're barely able to upgrade a few items per year.

Deleted User - 115745

they made useless update , when we discuss about this one..... we need class update to keep the game alive not upgrade some old set .....nobody use it

Richard Maverick

Lance Corporal
This may be never get the InnoGames approval but is clear that the character classes need an update. My proposal is:

Adventurer: (Speed motivated)
Fort battles: Ghosting
Implement the possibility to skip an entire quadrant (2 with premium)
10% (20% premium) chance of making 2 shots per round
Duels: Gets +15% bonus in Dodging (+30% premium)
General: +25% (+50% premium) Products drop rate
+25% (+50% premium) Luck

Dueler: (Damage motivated)
Fort battles: Critics, no changes
Duels: +25% (+50% premium) money earn in duels, everything else with no changes
General: +25% (+50% premium) speed on map

Worker: (Resistance motivated)
Fort battles: In Attack, +25% (50% premium) of Setting Traps is added to Hiding
In Defense, +25% (50% premium) of Hiding is added to Setting Traps
Nerf some bonus, +15% (30% premium) fort battle bonus
Duels: +10% (20% premium) in Reflex and Toughness
General: No changes

Soldier: (Tank motivated)
Fort battles: HP no changes
Leadership make it +15% (+30% premium)
Duels: Nerf Tactics. +15% (+30% premium)
General: +25% (50% premium) Regeneration

martoru

Lance Corporal
i presume youre an adventurier .. i see just on them some General changes really good

in rest i dont want to coment... because seam like some bad jokes... 25 / 50 regeneration :)))))))))) and speed to duelers :))))))))))))

i hope we ended with class updates... and anyway after any of those crazy updates shold be a week in wich you can change class because some of us invested our real money in gameplay that is now on map... any of that game play radical changes should alow players to rechoose their play strategy

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
My main character is worker
Obviously, you buffed the schiit out of it :))
Guys, when you propose changes, do you realise that, if they are implemented, they will apply to everyone? Try to be objective. There's a chance they will actually listen. And be sure they won't listen to some logical, reasoned and common sense proposals, they'll listen to the craziest ones, like the Easter HP fort set buff.