• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Character Classes Update/RE-Balancing

dublik

Lance Corporal
  • Adventurer
    • 15/30% more regeneration speed while sleeping
    • 15/30% product drop & luck & less danger
    • 2.5/5% more xp (debatable)
    • 2/4% less market fees
    • FF bonus: when alone in a sector
      • increase both resistances by 15/30%,
      • increase defense value by 10/20%
    • FF bonus: when in sector with 2 or more players
      • provide flat +40 resistance bonus to all players
    • FF bonus: starting with hit 2 within one round of a fort battle, gain 10/20% more defense value
    • Duel bonus: 7.5/15% bonus to toughness & reflex
    • Adventures bonus: (idk, dont play adventures, so cant think of anything)

• Worker
    • 10/20% more xp
    • 5/10% more labor points on every job
    • 5/10% more labor points on church
    • 1/2% less bank fees
    • FF bonus: 10/20% bonus to all stats (attack, defense, resistance, damage [weapon damage] & HP [only if there are >0 skill points in HP])
    • Duel bonus: +7.5/15% more dodging

• Dueller
    • 15/30% more speed
    • 15/30% more money in duels (remove the cap that is in effect now)
    • 10/20% more money from jobs
    • Duel bonus: 7.5/15% more aiming
      • duels within 10/20 minutes do not require travel, duels last for standard 10 minutes
      • can see bonus points of his target in the duel window
    • FF bonus: 15/30% chance for a critical hit (deals an extra flat 7.5% of maximum hp, up to 33% as it is now)
      • gain 5/10% more attack value,
      • 1/2% more weapon damage

• Soldier
    • 45/90% more health points
    • 15/30% less danger/damage while working
    • while sleeping in barracks:
      • gain 15/30% more HP (would disappear when a battle starts),
      • 15/30% more HP regeneration,
      • lose 15% dodging & aiming
    • Duel bonus:
      • gain 5/10% more tactics,
      • gain 5/10% more appearance
    • FF bonus: when alone in sector,
      • gain 7.5/15% more leadership skill
      • increase everyone's leadership skill by 2/4%
    • FF bonus: increase the leadership skill for you and your four neighbors by 30/60% of your own leadership skill
    • more info: 7.5/15% leadership + 30/60% would add together, so 37.5/75% when alone in sector
every class has a bonus for PvE, PvP in this system
feel free to discuss these ideas and make new ones, lets give InnoGames something to work with

Imagine a scenario:
  • all 4 classes are in a sector, but they are not near each other (meaning, the soldier's neighbor leadership bonus does not apply)
  • they would all gain the following bonuses:
    • 2/4% more leadership
    • 5/10% more attack value
    • +40 resistance
Maybe remove the non premium or premium % values from FF bonuses with 2 or more players in a sector, and keep only a flat value of, lets say in the case of the soldier, either 2% or 4%, irregardless if a player has premium or not

Last edited:

PVP is DEAD

Private
  • Adventurer
    • 15/30% more regeneration speed while sleeping
    • 15/30% product drop & luck & less danger
    • 2.5/5% more xp (debatable)
    • 2/4% less market fees
    • FF bonus: when alone in a sector
      • increase both resistances by 15/30%,
      • increase defense value by 10/20%
      • provide flat +40 resistance bonus to all players
    • FF bonus: starting with hit 2 within one round of a fort battle, gain 10/20% more defense value
    • Duel bonus: 7.5/15% bonus to toughness & reflex

• Worker
    • 10/20% more xp
    • 5/10% more labor points on every job
    • 5/10% more labor points on church
    • 1/2% less bank fees
    • FF bonus: 10/20% bonus to all stats (attack, defense, resistance, damage [weapon damage] & HP [only if there are >0 skill points in HP])
    • Duel bonus: +7.5/15% more dodging

• Dueller
    • 15/30% more speed
    • 15/30% more money in duels (remove the cap that is in effect now)
    • 10/20% more money from jobs
    • Duel bonus: 7.5/15% more aiming
      • duels within 10/20 minutes do not require travel, duels last for standard 10 minutes
      • can see bonus points of his target in the duel window
    • FF bonus: 15/30% chance for a critical hit (deals an extra flat 7.5% of maximum hp, up to 33% as it is now)
      • gain 5/10% more attack value,

• Soldier
    • 45/90% more health points
    • 15/30% less danger/damage while working
    • while sleeping in barracks:
      • gain 15/30% more HP (would disappear when a battle starts),
      • 15/30% more HP regeneration,
      • lose 15% dodging & aiming
    • Duel bonus:
      • gain 5/10% more tactics,
      • gain 5/10% more appearance
    • FF bonus:when alone in sector,
      • gain 7.5/15% more leadership skill
      • increase everyone's leadership skill by 2/4%
    • FF bonus: increase the leadership skill for you and your four neighbors by 30/60% of your own leadership skill
    • more info: 7.5/15% leadership + 30/60% would add together, so 37.5/75% when alone in sector
every class has a bonus for PvE, PvP in this system
feel free to discuss these ideas and make new ones, lets give InnoGames something to work with

Imagine a scenario:
  • all 4 classes are in a sector, but they are not near each other (meaning, the soldier's neighbor leadership bonus does not apply)
  • they would all gain the following bonuses:
    • 2/4% more leadership
    • 5/10% more attack value
    • +40 resistance
Maybe remove the non premium or premium % values from FF bonuses with 2 or more players in a sector, and keep only a flat value of, lets say in the case of the soldier, either 2% or 4%, irregardless if a player has premium or not
Everything is OK but bonus 15% t/reflex is too much. Imagine gaving 2000 reflex + 15% bonus... But nice job :-)

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Yeah, never add buffs for toughness, reflex, shooting, vigor, appearance, tactics, just for aiming/dodging and damage.

dublik

Lance Corporal
in that case, lets give the adventurer 5/10% more dodging & aiming bonus in duels,
and give the soldier 5/10% more duel weapon damage (basically a free weapon upgrade if premium), instead of appearance/tactics bonus

this way all classes have something unique for duels

TadschMahal

Sergeant
in that case, lets give the adventurer 5/10% more dodging & aiming bonus in duels,
and give the soldier 5/10% more duel weapon damage (basically a free weapon upgrade if premium), instead of appearance/tactics bonus

this way all classes have something unique for duels
dmg creeps are all over the place since the level update - dmg is waaay to high in duels and ffs compared to the hp we gained... so please no.,,

Richard Maverick

Lance Corporal
Duels: (values can change, but this is the general idea)

-Soldier: Reduce tactics, make it +10%/+20%
-Adventurer: Incresed Dodging +10%/+20%
-Worker: Increased T/R +10%/+20%
-Dueler: +5%/+10% damage per hit

Battles: (values can change, but this is the general idea)

-Soldier: Remove leadership bonus, just keep +HP
-Adventurer: Incresed Resistance (instead of using 300 on fomurla, maybe use 400-500 premium)
OR maybe some sector bonus (+ST/Hiding to teamates)
-Worker: Keep +20%/+40% bonus
-Dueler: Keep critic

I would introduce Leadership with diminishing returns, maybe increasing bonus but decreasing damage.
You want to hit more often, those shots would be small
You want to make more damage per shot, you would hit less often

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
So an adventurer should be experienced with weapons, adventures involve many things. The classes were designed many years ago, they no longer correspond to the reality of the game in 2023. When they were designed, the adventurer was meant for work, the worker for building cities, the soldier for the fort, and the duelist for duels, a lot has changed in the meantime.

DoUzOs

Reservist
Well …. You would expect a soldier to have experience with weapons… and fights in general
Who is even role-playing in this game anymore? You are riding bears and dogs in battle, you're throwing rocks at people or shooting them with carrots. The West is not a Western browser game anymore, it's a P2W multiplayer game, so just balance the multiplayer part (since InnoGames is so money-hungry that the P2W part will never change).

Criminus

Private First Class
Who is even role-playing in this game anymore? You are riding bears and dogs in battle, you're throwing rocks at people or shooting them with carrots. The West is not a Western browser game anymore, it's a P2W multiplayer game, so just balance the multiplayer part (since InnoGames is so money-hungry that the P2W part will never change).
I agree with you. But still, a class is a class. I’d rather focus on fort fights. You clearly picked up your current class for it’s bonuses and that was before fort fights. What would be better and would take less time is to completely wipe out two classes and that’s it. What’s the point to have all this classes with similar bonuses? All games are designed this way. And if you are not happy with the current bonuses you should ask for a buff instead of a rework. Doesn’t make any sense to have a worker or an adventurer as a dueller.
Now, I’m sure you will say “well I want to be a dueller as a worker” and it’s completely fine but what if I’d like to be a builder on a dueller? Should they add a labour bonus for duellers then? Why only duels? What if I want to drop items? More luck for soldiers?

Criminus

Private First Class
I play the west since I was 13. I’m 27 now. I didn’t start last year or two years ago. It doesn’t make sense to add pvp to a worker or farmer. I understand what you are saying and I’m not against it but what we do with the other classes? You clearly have more drop than me as an adventurer. I want that too on my soldier (I don’t play as soldier). The west is not all about duels and forts.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
You still have double hp for both duels and forts. You still have tactical bonus (not 50%, lower, but it's still a relevant bonus). And maybe you'll get another pve bonus. Duellers may get 10/20% extra aiming, workers 12.5/25% extra dodging, adventurers 7.5/15% extra damage etc. The workers would keep their building/xp/tax free deposits bonuses, the adventurer the product and luck bonus, the duelist the dueling and related bonuses, and the soldier the hp and tactics bonus and maybe a new pve bonus.

Criminus

Private First Class
Sounds good mate. I’m only thinking about the time this takes and if we should have this first or forts first.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Both changes should come in the next update. An adventurer fort buff can be 0.5/1 main resistance and 0.5/1 additional secondary resistance per level, and the main bonus reduced, as well as the bonus points for fort ranking.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
I don't like other classes getting duel bonuses as dueler and soldier. They are the most logical to have duel bonuses.. Whatever I will give once more my suggestions...

Adventurer:
  • The chance to find a product when working a job is increased by 10%. 20%
  • The chance to find an item during work is increased by 10%. 20%
  • You can use hotels in foreign towns for free until level 2. You can use the hotel without being at a town.
  • The chance to get hurt while working a job is lowered by 10%.
  • Starting with hit 2 within one round of a fort battle, you have a chance of 25% to keep from being hit at all for the rest of the round.
  • Being in a sector alone increases your aim and dodge by 40% , If your health points get reduced to 10% your dodge chance doubles to 80% but you lose 2% HP every round for the next 5 rounds.
  • Reduce aim and dodge chance of neighbor sectors by 20%. This also affects your team.

Dueler:
  • The speed on the map is increased by 10%. 25%
  • The motivation for dueling raises faster. It is increased 40% faster. In duels you receive a bonus of 20% to your appearance skill.
  • You receive 10% more money in a duel. You receive 10% more money from jobs,duels and fort battles.
  • In fort battles, you have the chance of 10%(7%) to score a critical hit. Critical hits deduct an additional 10% of the maximum hit points.
  • You can perform duels within a radius of 15 minutes without traveling there.
  • Your battle hardened instincts allow you to see which skills and weapon your opponent wield in the duel menu.

Soldier:
  • For each skill point given to the skill health points you receive an additional 5 3 health points for your character.
  • The level needed to use a weapon is lowered by 3 levels. ( I find this kinda useless but I don't really know what to replace it with )
  • In duels you receive a bonus of 25% 15% to your tactic skill.
  • In fort battles, you increase the leadership skill for you and your four neighbors by 25% 40% of your own leadership skill.
  • Your battle hardened instincts allow you to see which skills and weapon your opponent wield in the duel menu.

Worker:
  • The earned experience points for a job are increased by 5%.10%
  • You pay 2% less banking fees.
  • When constructing buildings in town you receive a bonus of 5% 15% to your labor points.
  • The motivation to construct buildings in town rises by 10% 25% faster.
  • In fort battles, your aiming and dodging are boosted by 20%.

Note that for some reason Soldier has only 4 unique characteristics rather than the dueler which has 6 so I removed the skill from the dueler that you are able to see skills of other players in dueling page and gave it to soldier. Now every Character has 5 unique characteristics.

Why did I choose this kind of changes?I believe that giving dueling bonuses to other classes is not the right thing to do. If you want to compete in dueling just simply select the 2 most logical classes that duel ( Dueler and Soldier ) . Worker is a class that should be the best for XP huntng and building. Adventurer is a class that will do quests , buy/sell products , work and many other stuff. Dueling is the lowest priority for an Adventurer.

I strongly agree that every class should have their FF bonus but the most love right now must go to Adventurer so even if nothing will change for other classes regarding FF bonuses , Adventurer is a MUST and needs the most attention.

Last edited: