• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!

Character class change .- Proposal

DeletedUser4642

Hello everyone.

The thought of character class changing has always been an interesting but complicated topic to talk about. In this thread i will make a proposal to allow character class changing, without any knowlege about all the codes, software or developing system after it.

- Potion in shop

- Cost: 3000 nuggets / Bonds (top bonds-nugs)

- Unlimited changes

- Only people with level 150 can use it

- New beginning from level 1

- All the Skill Points will be reset***

- All quests will be reset

-Achievements will NOT be reset

- Once you have done all 4 classes from 0-150, next changes do not reset anything and have no cooldown, just changes the class.

*** (SP from repeatable quests will NOT be reset / Bought skills will NOT be reset / SP from the older character class will NOT be reset)
FAQ

- Why changing character class if you start from 0?
Many people are bored in the game and dont have any more goals this is a way of getting people to do some work again some quests, adding the new class quests to them. And avoiding people from changing class as much as they like, with new sets you can reach level 150 in 1 year (or less with pure building i've seen) if you go hard on it. So its like a cooldown since you can only use potion at level 150

- Why keeping the SP from repeatables? so old people dont loose their reward for being loyal to InnoGames for many years

- Why keeping the SP from character class quest? So people have a motivation extra, as its gaining "free" skills

- Do i get to keep my inventory/money/bonds/nuggets/name/skills? Yes, you keep the whole inventory, the money, the bonds, the nuggets and the name you have when you use the potion, and the skills coming either from nuggets or from repeatable quests

- Is it unfair for other new players? Technically yes, but it is like if you have a toon for 10 years but you keep it at level 30, you will have more skills than any other level 30.

Open to changes, comments and questions.

Thanks for your time and i hope it suits everyone and we finally have a character class change option!

Craka

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack Beauregard

Reservist
I do not agree with you. If I have to spend nuggets to start again from scratch, it is worth to sing the pg and do it without real money costs. But if you tell me I spend tot nuggets / bonds and choose another class then I agree.

DeletedUser4642

I do not agree with you. If I have to spend nuggets to start again from scratch, it is worth to sing the pg and do it without real money costs. But if you tell me I spend tot nuggets / bonds and choose another class then I agree.

jack
- First, if you delete the toon you loose all the gears you have (upgraded) and all the money and bonds and skills gained among the years. Imo a lvl150 inv is worth way more than 3k nuggs/bonds
- You do not have to spend real money to do the change, you can use bonds, bonds are free.
- Also, once you have done the 4 classes you can change anytime you wanna spend 3000 bonds nuggs and everything will stay the same.

OneTouch

Private First Class
Paying nuggets to reset level and quests, worthless. Wasting 3000 bonds to reset level and quests, worthless too.

Could be more interesting if they would remain.

DeletedUser4642

Paying nuggets to reset level and quests, worthless. Wasting 3000 bonds to reset level and quests, worthless too.

Could be more interesting if they would remain.

OT,

In my opinion it is not worthless if you get extra SP from character quest class, if they remain its just free changing clases and people who spend real money can change classes as much as they want, unless there is some other cooldown. But mine i think its pretty nice considering you can get some extra skills and they aint "FREE".

DeletedUser4328

This is a nice idea, when it comes to certain aspects of the game, the class you choose has a massive impact, many who created their accounts did not have the knowledge to make an informed decision they'd be happy with as you only really know what you want till you are a high enough level to enjoy more of the game.

It is profitable for InnoGames, and it isn't so cheap nuggeteers can abuse it, and I don't see this having a large impact to the game other than general satisfaction.

I think parts of craka's idea can be built upon or changed, but the overall concept is a good one and definitely should be added!

DeletedUser4642

This is a nice idea, when it comes to certain aspects of the game, the class you choose has a massive impact, many who created their accounts did not have the knowledge to make an informed decision they'd be happy with as you only really know what you want till you are a high enough level to enjoy more of the game.

It is profitable for InnoGames, and it isn't so cheap nuggeteers can abuse it, and I don't see this having a large impact to the game other than general satisfaction.

I think parts of craka's idea can be built upon or changed, but the overall concept is a good one and definitely should be added!
Nuggeters can not abuse it since you start from 0 you need to be lvl150 to use it, therefore you have a kind of cool down time... But anyways you can just add a cool down to it if you think it's not fair for non-nuggrters...

It is an opportunity to change To What you really wanna do, can do different strategies in ffs, adjust depending on the gear you have... Gain sp and ap...

Jack Beauregard

Reservist
The energy ability that no longer serves giving us a kind of potion where we accepted the change (they did not know in the non-Italian ones) have changed over time. Now I don't see why it is so difficult to implement the class change. We are still waiting for the implementation of the Lincoln set and 2 years have passed. Or we abolish the classes. I also speak and above all on behalf of the adventurers who are increasingly mistreated. They do not serve in duels even in battles and we do not talk about drop because the other classes also drop like an adventurer with the sets that are there now. Let us at least try to classify this class so ill-treated!

DeletedUser4328

Nuggeters can not abuse it since you start from 0 you need to be lvl150 to use it, therefore you have a kind of cool down time... But anyways you can just add a cool down to it if you think it's not fair for non-nuggrters...

It is an opportunity to change To What you really wanna do, can do different strategies in ffs, adjust depending on the gear you have... Gain sp and ap...

I doubt they will add a feature resetting your level, I'm not sure how capable they are as simply naming items and coding them to be auctionable or not is sometimes too much for InnoGames. If they do implement this It will probably be totally different from your suggestion.

The same goes for quests, They'd have to add new functions to the game more complicated than just changing character, and they'd have to make this all automatic after a nugget / bond purchase, which could go horribly wrong unsupervised. costing more time and man power to amend. so the less that's changed the better. While this'd all be simple in any other game and is implemented in most that have a use for this function, this is a very old game with inept coders with little to no care to put genuine effort in. Think as if you were a lazy bum you knew how to code gif on a webpage back in the 90's, and used that skill hoping no one would know how unqualified for the job you are ever since. and to be honest, the code is so old It's probably still written in ones and zero's lol

DeletedUser4642

I doubt they will add a feature resetting your level, I'm not sure how capable they are as simply naming items and coding them to be auctionable or not is sometimes too much for InnoGames. If they do implement this It will probably be totally different from your suggestion.

The same goes for quests, They'd have to add new functions to the game more complicated than just changing character, and they'd have to make this all automatic after a nugget / bond purchase, which could go horribly wrong unsupervised. costing more time and man power to amend. so the less that's changed the better. While this'd all be simple in any other game and is implemented in most that have a use for this function, this is a very old game with inept coders with little to no care to put genuine effort in. Think as if you were a lazy bum you knew how to code gif on a webpage back in the 90's, and used that skill hoping no one would know how unqualified for the job you are ever since. and to be honest, the code is so old It's probably still written in ones and zero's lol
AS you say its a lot of work and dedication but its a way of getting people to do something different you know? this game has become pretty boring lately

DeletedUser4659

I think in my opinion a new questline for lvl 150 players (maybe? or less lvl required) that allow to receive a potion as a final reward.

You drink the potion of new beginning and a message containing something like: Are you sure you want to reset your class? This change can't be reverted Yes - No

And voilá!

I'm player from 2009 and something like this can be a very good addition to the game.

PS: The only quest that needs to be erased it's the character class when you use the potion to start the corresponding questline for your new class.

DeletedUser4642

I think in my opinion a new questline for lvl 150 players (maybe? or less lvl required) that allow to receive a potion as a final reward.

You drink the potion of new beginning and a message containing something like: Are you sure you want to reset your class? This change can't be reverted Yes - No

And voilá!

I'm player from 2009 and something like this can be a very good addition to the game.

PS: The only quest that needs to be erased it's the character class when you use the potion to start the corresponding questline for your new class.

That is another good option, just a one time change did not think about that but for me is even better that way you avoid nuggetmunchers to change as much as they want i guess :)

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
I also speak and above all on behalf of the adventurers who are increasingly mistreated. They do not serve in duels even in battles and we do not talk about drop because the other classes also drop like an adventurer with the sets that are there now.
Let us at least try to classify this class so ill-treated!

Don't feel lonely brother, Soldiers joining you -with the 'usefulness' now :)
God bless InnoGames! /s

Last edited:

mastadont.

Staff Sergeant
ingame mods already can change your character... so they only have to connect a way to make it do-able ingame by players itself.
also counts for profession...
change profession? lose all points on craft and learned recipes.
change character? you don't really need to change anything. skill point you can reset with potions and the only mission extra available will be the chosen character.... you don't even have to remove the old one.
so in fact..... doing this might be even easier than a lot of players think?
imply a level reset to 1? shouldn't be that hard either....
but that should be all you do.... don't remove quests etc.... it only makes it more complicated and really doesn't make that much of a difference.