• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changing character class

Harsha.1

Private First Class
Hey guys,

The game has been around for 10 years now and has changed a lot. One thing has stayed the same throughout - your character class. While new jobs appeared on the map, we got potions that can change your skills, the map became 3D, this feature has remained irrevocable - after you pick your character class, it stays the same. Forever.

My question is why. I can come up with two possibilities

A) Character class is hard-coded into the game

In a sense, it's difficult to do from a programming point of view. But, again, the game has changed so much already. We got a whole new 3D map, pants were added, crafting was added. If these fundamential elements can be changed, why not character class? - anything is possible if enough money is there for it to happen. I'm pretty much sure many would pay nuggets just to change their character class. It would also help the game retain older players. A level 150 adventurer may decide to become a soldier and this gives him/her a brand new interest and outlook on the game and they stay on rather than quitting and keep on spending money on the game. Only way to change your class at present is to delete your account and start again and very very few older players is willing to do that

Also, let us not forget the poor souls who choose the wrong class just based on short term goals and due to lack of proper knowledge.

B) It would severely affect the game mechanics

In the sense that many people suddenly become duelers and the game becomes seriously unbalanced. That is a legitimate concern. But it can be offset by making it very difficult to change - high cost of nuggets or a long quest to make it happen.

At the very least, why not allow people on the public beta to change their character class? - it would give us more testing opportunities and the devs would get more feedback overall. For example, if new worker bonuses needed to be experimented with, people can easily switch to worker class and test. The character quest line can only be done only once, regardless of the number of times a person changes. We can do something similar with crafting - if a person wants to change their crafting class, their crafting points are reset to 0.

I would appreciate further information and points in this regard

OneTouch

Private First Class
Not a bad idea, that would give players new goals. But adventurers have more skill points than other classes because of class quest, thats another problem.

Harsha.1

Private First Class
Not a bad idea, that would give players new goals. But adventurers have more skill points than other classes because of class quest, thats another problem.

That is easy to work around - simply add in special new quests for the other three classes to get these missing points. Besides, the difference is not all that significant, in the face of players being able to buy AP and SP with nuggets now.

At the very least I'd like a clear answer from the developers - what's the particular reason this hasn't been done before? - I've been asking this question every now and then through the 10 years I've played this game and never got a good answer. Many I've spoken to the community say they would be quite grateful if it was possible and pay for it.

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
About character class changing: I can imagine make possible that at least one or two times per year by Support. Last year played on .de IFBC training server where admins was able change character class under a min. So I don't think this have any technical difficulty, getting some extra points can be tricky (I finished 3 character class questlines), but if everyone get chance changing it, about under a year or two, everyone can have same AP and SP. I know maybe support get loads of ticket about that, but if they make a rule, you can change your class every 3rd or 6th months, only first waves of tickets will be large.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
This is a great idea. Changing class may even costs nuggets. First time free for everyone or 500 nuggets then 1000 and 1 year cooldown. It's clear that devs won't balance other classes (especially adventurer) so a change of class would be beneficial for everyone.
@Al35ul CM Can you pass on this brilliant idea?

DeletedUser500

To expand on how this could be accomplished cleanly and fairly, some conditions that would require minimum development:
  1. The player must have completed their class quest to unlock the Change Class feature
  2. Upon Changing Class, the system re-sets all of your Skill/Attribute Points (like using the green potion), then removes the number of Skill/Attribute Points correlating to your class quest.
  3. Character Class is automatically changed with the same mechanic that already exists in the mod tools.
I must, however, plead that the 4 classes in the game are updated, modernised and balanced before such a Class Change feature is added, to make all classes attractive and rewarding to play again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
This is a great idea. Changing class may even costs nuggets. First time free for everyone or 500 nuggets then 1000 and 1 year cooldown. It's clear that devs won't balance other classes (especially adventurer) so a change of class would be beneficial for everyone.
@Al35ul CM Can you pass on this brilliant idea?
Already have. Re-working some of the character classes is on our list however, changing your class by paying nuggets is not something that will be added.

Artem124

Sergeant
InnoGames can you show us the orignal avatars i forget what they all look like and it would be great to see the past! again

Deleted User - 117528

Game is in a point when you can do everything you want with right clothes. Being stuck with a characther class is not a big deal in my oppinion.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
I cannot deal critical damage as adventurer. And I don't have double hp either. Or +40% attack and +40% defense. I can't get 1500 tactics in duel without a hard reskill. I cannot do anything actually. The only class whose advantages have been surpassed by the sets is the adventurer. 20% luck and chance is equal to 0. Sleeping in hotel for free is also useless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 115745

Bull$h1t. I cannot deal critical damage as adventurer. And I don't have double hp either. Or +40% attack and +40% defense. I can't get 1500 tactics in duel without a hard reskill. I cannot do anything actually. The only class whose advantages have been surpassed by the sets is the adventurer. 20% luck and chance is equal to 0. Sleeping in hotel for free is also useless.
i still cant understand why adventurer was the only one left whitout nothing, you can acuse developoer for racism, but like i said in earlier posts , devs are complete brainless

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
The 08/15 layout has to be revised like the very boring city! As much as I like to remember, were there definitely mixed-up cities once in a while?

1.) Fort towers
2.) Damage after Fort Fight
3.) Invest more in 3D
4.) More character class like (Indians & Mexicans)
5.) My suggestion invigorating recipes
6.) Level up without lazy excuses
7.) new city buildings different colors etc.
8.) Correct settlers set as it belongs. Ox or horse covered wagon, dungarees, floppy hat, triangular scarf. (Rich had rifles and revolvers & horses) Worn out shoes & tent
9.) Quest, Quest Event where you have to complete Fort Fighting, not always dueling

Weather the mixes still the pilgrims have to explore the west and settlers but the settlers treks. And later came the great gold rush. But bet that, as usual, no means too complicated too expensive too much memory. And the eternal song of no just cut a lot of players off!!! :annoyed:

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Sooner or later something will have to be done about this. People have been asking for this change for years. When you'll see some players leave the game simply because they are stuck with a class they are fed up with, then you will sure act. but will be too late.
Changing a class will feel like you're basically starting the game over; new bonuses, and presumably new quests.
The developer should start looking for ways to make this happen - money will sure be made.
I can say with certainty that character class changes will not be a game feature.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
we dont need to change our classes we need improvement where it doesnt exist
As stated previously, some character class changes (bonus wise) are on our to-do list - but we do not have an exact date for when this will happen.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
inn0 is actually wrong here , they can easily make a character change potion that can be bought once per month/year , this is will bring them so much money considering the potion would be over 5k nuggets