• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!

Changes to Premium Discussion Thread

totalblack

Reading about the new features of the tent makes think about it

it's a good idea when the tent is a 6 star barrack for 2 weeks!

but then it's the adventurer loses his advantage of free foreign hotel sleep till lvl 2

so this is my idea: add one hour for building the tent for everybody (so that's makes it 7 hours to sleep) except for the adventurer! he knows everything about adventure so he knows how to put up a tent and he is done in about 3 minutes! so he can take the same sleep in 6 hours and 3 minutes! and he still has is advantage being adventurer

m4rvin88

Reading about the new features of the tent makes think about it

it's a good idea when the tent is a 6 star barrack for 2 weeks!

but then it's the adventurer loses his advantage of free foreign hotel sleep till lvl 2

so this is my idea: add one hour for building the tent for everybody (so that's makes it 7 hours to sleep) except for the adventurer! he knows everything about adventure so he knows how to put up a tent and he is done in about 3 minutes! so he can take the same sleep in 6 hours and 3 minutes! and he still has is advantage being adventurer
Nice thinking there.

But I'm an adventurer myself and to be honest I never use that free level 2 hotel. If I'm sleeping somewhere apart from home I just pay for the 5 star hotel room.

Even on the rare occasions that i have premium active it's only a 4 star hotel and doesn't give you full sleep. I complained about that and asked them to make it 3 star for normal adventurer and 5 star for premium but they refused so I just accepted that it's a wasted feature.

killado

Staff Sergeant
Necklace- if the necklace is used you get the 48h ko in any case (fort battles are not ko situations... i haven´t test it but fort battles are outside the ko situation that the necklace refers himself). So 50 upb-nuggets is not a bad price for it.

Tent - Why not make it a 25 times use? For the 50 it would be a good "buff" that we could use 25 times. But, like a buff, if you sleep 8 hours you get 8h of energy-health. If you sleep 10 minutes, you get 10 minutes of energy-health and the tent is used 1 time in both situations. And it should get the 5* city hotel bonus... not the fort barracks.

The extensive time of the premiums is a very good improvement.

About the bags, they can get a good use. Getting 10% bonus is not a bad thing even that it costs 2000 upbs (and it´s not so hard to get 2000 upbs... 3 months of fort battles and you get the 2000 upbs and a few more than that).
The nugget bag must be just for nuggets.
And there is a small mistake that everyone is making: since the bag works for 100 days after been bought, you can only use it 99 times in the optimal situation that you alway open it inside the same hour everyday.

On the upbs, we could get a upb bag for 2000 upbs and it would give 21 upbs for 100 times use with a cooldown of 24h between each opening. But it wouldn´t have any time limit. 100 times opened and the bag would be gone.
Something like a piggy bank where you could place 2000 upbs and starting to get them back with a 5% bonus... but for 100 times slow payment. That way people could still manage the upbs and use them for a longer time even with the top limit of 2000 on hand. (people could only get 1 bag... so they would have to use the upbs)

Last edited:

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
Thanks for everyone's feedback so far. As a matter of priority, we have formally requested changes to the tent shop item and greenhorn speed long timer.

Bluep

Based on feedback from our discussion thread, we plan to implement the following adjustments:
  • The greenhorn speed long timer will change from a +2400% bonus to a 2x multiplier.
  • The tent will become as effective as a level six barracks.
  • The enchanted nugget bag's cooldown timer will be reduced to 23h.
The changes to the nugget bag & the tent are quite good (although I still won't use both of them. Tent is too expensive for its use, and as long as the 100 day timer isn't replaced by a 100 uses timer that crazy thing called real life [holidays, business trips, illness, accidents, ..] renders it a very unsure thing..)

@Greenhorn: Those +2400% were really too much, but the current x2 is a bit too slow for its price.
(That bonus matters especially for long distance travels; but since I plan my game day's work quite well, I don't have too many of those. For 50 nuggets, I can use 10x halve way time with same effect, or some saddler buffs with less advantage, but far cheaper)

VIP-Longtimer: Bought it today since most of my PAs ran out, and was somewhat confused that it's an own type of bonus:

I'd prefer it being split up in its individual bonuses, since
  • you can see exactly which bonuses are included
  • you can prolong them individually
  • you don't waste PA time - in my case, I had 8 days of Greenhorn bonus left and was expecting to get them added to the PA time of the VIP included bonus; now it seems I just lost 25 nuggets (since the speed doesn't add up to a x4 multiplier)

fariseul

Reservist
from my point of view, reducing speed is not one thing just right. from what I understand, there were many opinions against this bonus. I remind them that there are two options: to pay or get just about what I was offering the game for free. allow me to make this specification starting from a simple reasoning: pay, I and some benefits, no pay, then do not try to influence the game just for the sake of equality. if you want to pay, then give me the chance to spend real money on some benefits, not some surrogates. VIP bonus in the current formula no longer has efficacy. 1. That I keep 50% of the amount if passed in a duel, is not relevant. I think nobody retains huge amounts without deposit them in the bank. 2. Doubling the speed does not attract me to invest 200 nuggets only benefit summary or almost nonexistent. or back to the speed that was before, or significantly increased.
I will most certainly give in to invest in VIP account, again, is no longer attractive and, I suspect, are many who will do the same. considered and this view pertinent one. finally, we play our part but investments will be reduced substantially.

Cienfuegos

well, I think right now everything is quite balanced and useful, I will get an energy bag for sure!

Just one question for the final update: insurance is removed (which is fine). Are we staying with 5 long-timer premiums (or VIP), or the removal of insurance is to bring another new option? i was hoping for some kind of long timer tent premium as suggested in this thread before

I think the x2 speed bonus is great and will make a nice difference in regular worlds without disrupting the balance (duelists attacking from the other corner of the map and stuff)

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
Right now I'm not aware of any immediate plans to replace it, but perhaps in the future the insurance premium itself or something else will return.

Chief Gall

Private First Class
Elite Tester
Please reduce the time of motivation and energy bag to 11 or 11.5h because of the same reason you did it for the nugget bag.

And I hope the KO necklace is not the first step to remove job ko.
Job ko is just like zero mot cheap tactic, so if necklace would replace job ko, being save would be very expensive while zero mot is still the easiest gameplay.

Last edited:

Hobie

Private First Class
i understand that job KO was an originally an unintended consequence in the game, but because it was not fixed right away, its become part of the game. Does it result in less targets for duelers, yes, but so does not being dueled if you are townless. Some want job ko's removed, buy my plea to keep them in is this. No one forces you to farm products, no one forces you to fort fight, outside of the tutorial no one forces you to quest, so why should you be forced to duel? Yes, that was the original game, but it has changed. Is it fair to duelers, maybe not, but is it fair to remove job ko's and detract players from fort fighting by forcing them to then be townless like the traders and farmers already are? Do they have to, no, but once again its an assumption that eliminating job ko's will fix the dueling problem, since it will just then be intentional duel ko's (break out the fists vs a worker with a boones axe and give them a win)

Last edited:

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
You only get KO protection if you would have gotten it normally from being knocked out.

Bluep

VIP-Longtimer: Bought it today since most of my PAs ran out, and was somewhat confused that it's an own type of bonus:

I'd prefer it being split up in its individual bonuses, since
  • you can see exactly which bonuses are included
  • you can prolong them individually
  • you don't waste PA time - in my case, I had 8 days of Greenhorn bonus left and was expecting to get them added to the PA time of the VIP included bonus; now it seems I just lost 25 nuggets (since the speed doesn't add up to a x4 multiplier)
Any news / feedback regarding this...?

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
We are already considering some changes to reduce the confusion around the VIP long timer, but nothing has been finalised yet.

Mr. Perseus

Reservist
Maybe it would be better if the nugget symbol is linked to the new premium overview in the shop (like it was before) and not to the "buy-nuggets" window.

And I would write "You can earn 3000 nuggets" as description of the Enchanted Nugget Bag and not "You can earn 750 nuggets".

Last edited:

.Surge.

earn 750 is good but not obvious at first glance, earn 3000 is misleading

I think the best text would be "you can get 3000"