• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changelog 2.5x

• Thread starter DeletedUser1406
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2971

Thank you, but for kindergarten (childrens garden) games, my time is too bad, as I waste my time here in the forum further. Can be closed.

DeletedUser1406

We don't like bugs but we won't do the minimal effort to report them. Please stop with the off-topic in that case or it'll start raining with banhammers.

DeletedUser500

Dying character
Sometimes the task queue had not been updated when your character died and ended up in the hotel. Now you will see the following sleeping task instantly.

Best update of 2017

asdf124

Private First Class
I wish you guys made the addition to the adventure shop a year ago :'( . However, better late than never :).

Can you also add the cards to be an award for whomever plays adventures?

All the new chests to whomever wins it but that has lower drop rate.

Last edited:

foscock

Private
Thanks for devaluing adventures, one of the last thing in the game that actually required some effort.

DeletedUser500

Thanks for devaluing adventures, one of the last thing in the game that actually required some effort.

In what way? This is a feedback thread, so some feedback would be nice.

Firstly we have to remember that Adventures were never actually finished, as a feature, and neither were the rewards that you can get from them.

Do you consider the Veteran shop in its current make-up to be adequate in any way to entice players into adventures? I believe the main reason people don't play them is the lack of reward and this is a first step to improving that. There's also the option to balance the costs of the new rewards, so that it doesn't actually devalue anything, you'll still have to work just as hard to get the Bandit set as before, if we do it right, and if the community gives us that feedback to allow that. Plus there's now more choice for rewards on top of a set that's only useful in adventures and some low-tier buffs.

Can't see how anything is devalued when all it will do it draw more people into adventures, and you won't have to wait 4 hours for a match, so please enlighten me.

foscock

Private
Do you consider the Veteran shop in its current make-up to be adequate in any way to entice players into adventures?

I don't think enticing more players into Adventures is a good idea, without fixing the problems first.

#1. New players have no clue what to do, resulting in frustration for themselves and their team.
There should be a mandatory tutorial - teaching how to move, move & shoot, heal, go to the different buildings, take over a building, etc. - that needs to be completed before a player can start playing Adventures.
#2. No gun, no play.
It's a shooting game, you really shouldn't be allowed to play without a gun. I'd even go so far as to say you should be required to have a gun appropriate for your level - I'm a bit tired of seeing level 70 guys with a brittle bow, since the "team balancing" algorithm seems to only go by player experience level . One team gets the level 70 with brittle bow, the other gets a level 70 with lvl 1 Outlaw.
#3. Get rid of the trolls.
You know, the ones that line up behind a teammate and fire 2 shots into their back and laugh? Or the ones that run around doing nothing but post insults and not even attempting to win. If the activity & chat logs were saved it would be easy enough to spot troll activity with a script, with the offenders banned from adventures for a period of time.
#4. Don't allow the chat window to be closed.
Once the trolls are gone, there's no reason to close chat. It's a team game, having a teammate unable or unwilling to communicate sucks.

If these problems aren't fixed, an influx of new players is just going to make them worse.

asdf124

Private First Class
I don't think enticing more players into Adventures is a good idea, without fixing the problems first.

#1. New players have no clue what to do, resulting in frustration for themselves and their team.
There should be a mandatory tutorial - teaching how to move, move & shoot, heal, go to the different buildings, take over a building, etc. - that needs to be completed before a player can start playing Adventures.
https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/adventure-guide.56998/#post-761541

1. A guide is already there, should summarize and even give an idea of what to choose from sets on what to wear.

This guide can be converted to an ingame tutorial, however, that needs a special step by step with a few pictures or a simulation where it trains players into adventures.(rewards or new quests should be made for it)

Simulation should have the step by step and you cannot join a real adventure until you have finished the tutorial adventure.

2. A few low level players might have low damage guns, however, that shouldn't be a problem if they knew what they were doing.

3-4. Chat windows should be able to be closed due to the fact trolls will always exist, no matter how hard you try to eradicate em.

foscock

Private
Guides and wiki's are not going to help since people don't read them.
I didn't say anything about low level players guns - I said a level 70 with a brittle bow is detrimental to their team.
Closing the chat window in a game that requires teamwork is dumb.

asdf124

Private First Class
Why don't you make adventures per level ? I mean, to have 3 adventures type. Players level 0-50, players level 50-100, players level 100-150.
I don't play that much this "noob" game. Was 3 times in a row in my team with player under level 50... Guess what. We lost.
If only peeps and the population of the game would allow it.

Number of players are sincerely low. So, it isn't a great idea to make groups of em where the wait time would be more than 1 hr(possibly days before you have a 6 team for specific groups.)

Maybe, maybe not.

It should be tested by temporarily and for a limited time be made into a real world(A .net server, DE etc)

If only peeps and the population of the game would allow it.
Number of players are sincerely low. So, it isn't a great idea to make groups of em where the wait time would be more than 1 hr(possibly days before you have a 6 team for specific groups.)
Maybe, maybe not.
It should be tested by temporarily and for a limited time be made into a real world(A .net server, DE etc)
Then, make another map with 2 players in each team and one point. Teams will fight to control it.

Damn... Those prices for Veteran Shop items. Still not interested.

DeletedUser3460

If you purchase a Outlaw Chest or Cook's Chest are you guaranteed a Outlaw or Cook item respectively? If so, the new Veteran's Shop format looks pretty good other than the 2500VP increase for a loot chest.

DeletedUser1406

If you purchase a Outlaw Chest or Cook's Chest are you guaranteed a Outlaw or Cook item respectively?
Indeed. I'm not sure why the loot chest's price has been increased tho'. I've just noticed that a lot of the items you could find before are no longer there, leaving it kind of overpriced imho. I'll try to have a talk with whoever planned this and see if reducing it's price would be a good idea.

LE: My bad. I got this wrong. They apparently removed some useless items from the chest (I thought they ones they removed are the ones they left meh)

LLE: What would a drop to 6000 VP for the loot chest sound like? Keep in mind that items such as tax refund, steel chest, clover, mojo and xp pot can NO longer be found in the loot chest, leaving it only with Outlaw items, revolvers and some boosts.

Last edited by a moderator:

asdf124

Private First Class
I think cook set is insanely overpriced if it has that price tag to it with that many sp.

60 wins for 1 item seems insanely unrealistic.(15000/250=60)

Heck, if you offer the chest in the easter event..... It is shoving off a lot of players off adventures.

You'd need 60*8*9=4320 wins in order to guarantee a set.

Edit:

Can you edit the "Outlaw gun chest" to an "Outlaw Weapon Chest"?

So you include the saber in that chest as possible outcome.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4248

Since you already plan to make some changes for the content of loot chests, would it be possible to introduce Cook set parts to loot chests? I agree with others that the new chests in Veteran shop are overpriced but you could keep the cost as it is if you would introduce more items to loot chests.

adding new overpriced items isn't going to make me want to play adventures again. I found adventures somewhat interesting when they were first introduced, and the drop rate for loot chests was pretty good., But after they got introduced to regular words and the drop rate changed to me never getting a chest again. I lost interest. And when I decided to play for a quest step, the wait to get a group to start was not acceptable for me, so that ended my adventuring.
Overall I found the adventure itself too boring and time consuming [I don't like fort fights either for the same reason] Add to that the people that are not polite to others [yelling at or shooting your own side] and the ones that drop out as soon as they see who the players are, so that everyone has to go back to waiting for it to fill again. and it just isn't any fun to play adventures... The new veteran items will still be unobtainable to casual players because of the cost, so no point in it for me.

DeletedUser4184

Does anyone know how and where we can access the new quest anounced? I can't find it at Saloon:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.