• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changelog 2.199 - Discussion

the legit

Private First Class
I'd like to see like a proposal of the full view of class changes the team is looking at, and we'd be able to provide feedback on it. For all the classes not just 3 without knowing what will happen to soldiers.

This is good news, they are listening, but we'll see what comes from it.

Even between players there's disagreement on what they should be, but dialogue on whats on the table can be useful and lead to a better update.

In general I think buffing classes that most people feel are lacking (adventurer for example) is a better solution than cutting on existing bonus that have been in place for 10 plus years.

My main is a soldier and I still agree that tactics bonus being 50/100 is too high due to the current sets, could see it halved and would think its fair. I don't agree with nerfing soldiers hp though, people can hit up to 2000 in normal shots and the more you have the bigger the crit. I sit around at 43k hp and its common to die at 35-40 hits (obvsly depends on whos shooting at you). The resistance changes were already an overall buff to damage and nerf to tanks.

Raza

Private First Class
question is what the plant is now?
Oh, the plant is just living its best life, enjoying endless days of sunlight, sipping on the finest organic fertilizer, and engaging in stimulating conversations with its fellow potted companions. It has achieved ultimate enlightenment and is on the brink of starting its own plant revolution. Truly, the plant is now ruling the world, one leaf at a time. :njub:

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
It wouldn't be fair. Defense sets are already weaker than attack sets, if you can't beat a soldier you can ignore him and not attack him, but what do you do vs a duelist with pearl set and full shooting/appearance if you're not a soldier?
I would only buff aiming, dodging and damage. One for every 3 classes: adventurer, worker and duelist.

vitamin2002

Private
I'd like to see like a proposal of the full view of class changes the team is looking at, and we'd be able to provide feedback on it. For all the classes not just 3 without knowing what will happen to soldiers.

This is good news, they are listening, but we'll see what comes from it.

Even between players there's disagreement on what they should be, but dialogue on whats on the table can be useful and lead to a better update.

In general I think buffing classes that most people feel are lacking (adventurer for example) is a better solution than cutting on existing bonus that have been in place for 10 plus years.

My main is a soldier and I still agree that tactics bonus being 50/100 is too high due to the current sets, could see it halved and would think its fair. I don't agree with nerfing soldiers hp though, people can hit up to 2000 in normal shots and the more you have the bigger the crit. I sit around at 43k hp and its common to die at 35-40 hits (obvsly depends on whos shooting at you). The resistance changes were already an overall buff to damage and nerf to tanks.
if i am not wrong , they nerfed tactic for 25/50 long time ago
also if they want to nerf it again or remove it or touch hp bonus , they must change duel resistans as well , with those resistans sets and skills bonus , removing tactic bonus or hp ones , will hit none resistans build duelers

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
There are 4 new sets at every event, right? Why can't the set be bassed to our character?
There is a main and 3 side set? Unfortunately, it is difficult to reach the 3 additional set completely without having to use a lot of nuggets. Since there is a lot of fk set. Is it still possible to make PVP duelist set? For workers, adventurers and duelists, Since soldier is strong.
And finally the buffs at bases, for dueling and fortress fights?

Criminus

Private First Class
There are 4 new sets at every event, right? Why can't the set be bassed to our character?
There is a main and 3 side set? Unfortunately, it is difficult to reach the 3 additional set completely without having to use a lot of nuggets. Since there is a lot of fk set. Is it still possible to make PVP duelist set? For workers, adventurers and duelists, Since soldier is strong.
And finally the buffs at bases, for dueling and fortress fights?
Not possible. It takes more time to prepare a set for each class. Hope it makes sense.

thenootz55

Private
I would only buff aiming, dodging and damage. One for every 3 classes: adventurer, worker and duelist.
This is actually quite brilliant:
- Duelist -> Damage bonus in duels as it goes hand in hand with crits, which are damage bonus at forts
- Worker -> Aiming (same rationale, goes hand in hand with their bonus at fort)
- Adventurer -> Dodging as it soooooort of goes with current ghosting bonus
- Soldier -> Decrease tactics bonus to 15/30 and it should be ok I guess. Also do something about HP, make it fort fights only.

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
Why more and more Fort Battle Sets? Why can't you do a duel set? There are so many suggestions for Set!?
Okay the right s`Killen also plays a role! But the rest with set? Like the sets named Jaguar, Josephine and Lucky Clover?
Tactics:
Aim, Dodge, Damage Shit, Resistance Reflex and Toughness, Attack Occurrence and Defense Tactics

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
@Loki Should i pretend that i saw nothing ?
giphy.gif

Blume

Reservist
This is actually quite brilliant:
- Duelist -> Damage bonus in duels as it goes hand in hand with crits, which are damage bonus at forts
- Worker -> Aiming (same rationale, goes hand in hand with their bonus at fort)
- Adventurer -> Dodging as it soooooort of goes with current ghosting bonus
- Soldier -> Decrease tactics bonus to 15/30 and it should be ok I guess. Also do something about HP, make it fort fights only.
The idea is quite bad because we cannot predict future changes accurately. Therefore, it's important to find a solution for character classes that can withstand future developments. One possibility is to introduce character class bonuses that do not affect PvP. However, if these bonuses are meant to have an impact on PvP, they should be available to every class. This can be accomplished by implementing specific skill combinations or by positioning classes in fort battles strategically. For instance, if you are positioned next to soldiers, you could receive a resistance bonus, and if you are positioned next to duelists, you could receive a damage bonus.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
The idea is quite bad because we cannot predict future changes accurately
Yes you can. You have to use your brain. And maybe the test server the admins have acces to.
Of course, it would be illogical to implement dueling bonuses respecting the fort bonus for each class, they have nothing to do with each other, but the idea itself is not bad.

This can be accomplished by implementing specific skill combinations or by positioning classes in fort battles strategically.
That would unnecessarily complicate things. The changes should be simple and easy to implement, after all we only have one developer and he is part time.