• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changelog 2.199 - Discussion

Belle Bernice

Reservist
xrsaHYw.jpeg

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
This meme is 100% accurate. (but it must be read differently, left column first, right column second, it cannot be read from left to right)

Last edited:

the legit

Private First Class
In fort battles, your chance of scoring a critical hit greatly increases to 10% (20%)*. Critical hits deduct an additional 10% from the maximum health points [everyone can critical hit with a 2% chance]

General criticism was to decrease the crit chance value or make it not ignore resistance. Instead now everyone can crit?

Imo this idea should be scrapped. Tanking is already not fun, only to on average be hit with 1 extra crit per battle?

How does this 2% work?

2% base , 4% with bonus?

For duellers does it remain 10/20 only or does it stack on top of the base chance other classes have or is there 2 calculations for the shot as in: first it goes through a 2% base crit chance and if that fails it goes through the already in place dueller chance?

Releasing the new changes for 3 classes but not soldier doesn't seem fair.

I was under the impression the class changes would only come after the Fort Fight rebalancing changes that need to be adressed.

the legit

Private First Class
In fort battles, your aiming and dodging are boosted by 15% (30%)*. If it is higher, your building skill replaces hiding and setting traps

inb4 Tolbert set in Fortfights meta for damaging workers in union sectors.

I do not understand this chart at all. Can someone explain it to me what is changing?
It looks exactly the same to me for adventurer. including the premium character bonus numbers.
And just that weird change to the final item for workers.
I have never been a dueler, so I don't know what is or isn't different there. But it seems to favor them even more than the game already does. why on earth do they need shorter duel times? So they can annoy more berry pickers and church builders per day?

the legit

Private First Class
I do not understand this chart at all. Can someone explain it to me what is changing?
It looks exactly the same to me for adventurer. including the premium character bonus numbers.
And just that weird change to the final item for workers.
I have never been a dueler, so I don't know what is or isn't different there. But it seems to favor them even more than the game already does. why on earth do they need shorter duel times? So they can annoy more berry pickers and church builders per day?

AdventurerDuellerWorker
The chance to find a product when working a job is increased by 10% (20%)*The speed on the map is increased by 25% (50%)*. Previous was 10% (20%)Experience earnt from jobs, duels and fort battles is increased by 5% (10%)*
The chance to find an item during work is increased by 10% (20%)*The motivation for duelling raises faster. It is increased 40% (80%) faster.You pay 2% (4%)* less banking fee.
Your regeneration while sleeping increases by 10% (20%)*You receive 15% (30%)* more money in a duel. Previous was 10% (20%)When constructing buildings in town or forts you receive a bonus of 5% (10%)* to your labour points
The chance to get hurt while working a job is lowered by 10% (20%)*In fort battles, your chance of scoring a critical hit greatly increases to 10% (20%)*. Critical hits deduct an additional 10% from the maximum health points [everyone can critical hit with a 2% chance]The motivation to construct buildings in town or forts rises by 10% (20%)* faster
Starting with hit 2 within one round of a fort battle, you have a chance of 25% (50%) to keep from being hit at all for the rest of the roundDuels against other players take 25% (50%)* less time.In fort battles, your aiming and dodging are boosted by 15% (30%)*. Previous was 20%(40%)

If it is higher, your building skill replaces hiding and setting traps

In bold is new , in red the note for what was previous in place.

Adventurer has the free hotel levels remored (replaced with regeneration while sleeping)
Dueller has the option to duel from a distance removed (this one is actually pretty huge change) (replaced with the duels taking less time)

Moreover, the amount of changes dueller class is getting, compared to Adventurer, the class the most people feel like is lacking gets a slap in the face with a useless buff. :whistle:

Can't wait for soldier nerfs that's the reason they haven't announced it

Last edited:

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
Then a FortKampf must be here! to test the new update.
The-West Team should for Saturday 19:30h :P ;) FortKampf proclaim. :boone:
the update came today and not only 22.May :njub:

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
I don't understand why you buffed the duelist. Twice. 20% extra speed was enough, 50% is way too much, it's almost like having non stop speed premium active.
The fact that you have cooldown of 5 or 7.5 minutes in duel instead of 10 is huge. Cooldown for consumables is 10 minutes, it will be very hard to refill hp now. Not to mention you won't know when the duel arrives. In 5 minutes? Or in 7.5? Did the opponent cancel the duel or does he have no character bonus and it takes longer? Did he have time to reskill or not? It's a stupid change. Stupid is an understatement.
As for the adventurer, you took away one useless bonus and replaced it with an even more useless one. No change to the fort as EVERYONE has asked for. Nothing for duel. Nothing on adventures. Nothing at all.
Duelist, which is already OP, you give 50% speed (and speed is useful), and adventurer, which is the weakest class in the game by far, you give 20% regeneration (which is not only useless, but also comes after you cancelled the previous bonus which was useful on new worlds in the beginning). For worker I don't know exactly what you did, but it that doesn't make sense. Is it buff or nerf? Do you now have to come up with construction set/build? Who the heck ever suggested this change to you? You guys are really asking for feedback for nothing. You are mocking players who are struggling to come up with relevant proposals.
As for the soldier, you haven't interfered at all on the tactical OP bonus that everyone complains about, including soldiers. As if double hp wasn't enough.
You haven't even touched duellers' crit. Make it at least 5% of hp instead of 10%, damagers deal 2k per hit now anyway.

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
BaggyBlue I never understand a word you say but I love you and I wish I could give you a cold beer in a hot summer day.
Update true today not May 22. Since we are doing the new quest of Wapee.
That's why I said that The-West Team can call for a battle. For the Saturday to test the new setting if it brings something

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
I'm very disappointed, I've been waiting for a buff to adventurer for 7 years now. The only reason I haven't given up until now was the hope that at some point I would be able to change my character class or that there would be a reasonable balance between them. I tried new worlds, but they died after maximum 1 year and I wasted my time and money for nothing.

Everyone said the soldier and duelist need to be nerfed, the worker is balanced, and the adventurer is weak and needs buffing. What did you do? The opposite. You nerfed the worker, triple buffed the duelist, left the soldier the same, and abandoned the adventurer completely, took away a useless bonus and added another useless one. That's a better joke than the one you made on April 1st. I hope it's still a joke and you come up with some relevant changes, because you've had enough feedback.

PS: The worker semi-rework doesn't make any sense. It's impossible to have more construction than hiding/setting traps, because nowadays sets offers way too many skills. So that part is irrelevant. It's a plain nerf.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
For anyone that say Tolbert or Cortez will make worker broken , ummm , no , don't make this implementation stay this is absolutely the worst thing a worker could have. Here some examples...

Attack:
Worker full LD +2 Captain , +2 Captain Weapons +2 Murrieta Horse and Saddle
Worker with +3 Cortez (only clothes), +2 captain weapons , +2 murrieta horse and saddle

Defense:
Worker full LD +2 John Astor, +2 Murrieta Weapons , +2 Murrieta Horse and Saddle
Worker with +3 Cortez(only clothes) , +2 Murrieta weapons , +2 Murrieta Horse and Saddle

Conclusion: I lose attack 1% in attack, I gain around 18-20% defense , I lose 299 damage and I get 940 HP
I gain +1 attack in defense , I gain 42% defense, I lose 224 damage and I get 940 HP.

Not good for damage it seems , maybe for tanks? Someone can try calculating with Cortina and John Bull as I only play Damage and do not have those sets.

P.S If I try to equip Full Cortez set I lose even more damage that's why I only tried this with Cortez clothes