• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changelog 2.199 - Discussion

Beef

Lance Corporal
the idea is not same bonuses for every class in pvp.

the idea all along was all classes to have some unique bonuses that makes the class unique and fit your playstyle. of course, those bonuses should be at least fair for every class you choose, and the class you will come against. the fact that everyone crits now is not doing that. the tactics bonus for soldier was unfair, the crit for dueler was unfair and needed a bit of a nerf. a BALANCE should be found between them, not making them the same. so change them, or find something better.

an update to the useless bonuses was needed as well, to make some bonuses useful, like the hotel cost for advents...offering regen did exactly that...was the percentage right? maybe not. but that's what this update was supposed to do. not change how the duels work. not completely mess up the game.

this update is stupid and against what this game stands for. i'm horrified of what the upcoming changes are for soldier and how the game will fair from now on

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
Buff`s will also increase?

Buff`s:
Graphite Lubricant, Booby Trap, Binoculars, Ammo Belt, ( They also have no multi player defense and attack. French Breakfast, A Fever Remedy, Bayonets, Dem Missing Damage in Fortress Combat Leather Saddlebags )

Loki

The West Team
UPDATE: the Character class changes will be removed for the time being.
Beta will go back to the old Character class bonuses and the changes will not happen to other markets.

We will not give up on updating the Character class bonuses, but we will implement better changes in the future. :up:

Ethereal

Reservist
Thank you, credits where credits are due. To summarize my main issues:

Adventurers:
-Product/luck/hurt bonuses are cool but imo can be buffed too. Issue would be that bot accounts gain too much here.
-Hotel room is completely outdated. Either remove it or change it to include forts as well.
-FF bonus should be improved, either by keeping the same concept (it is nice, change it to a locked +-3k dmg and then % chance) or changing it to one of the suggestions given here/in other posts earlier.
-I see that people would also like a duel bonus for advents, which is fair because PvP is the main drive of any world (I think numbers support this as well). I'm by no means a good duellist so I'm sure other people can give fun suggestions here.
GENERAL: Give PvP bonuses for sure, other bonuses are pretty outdated. (sets give way, way more)

Duellists:
-Speed can be buffed imo, why not. Won't change that much.
-Change XP formulas before touching duel motivation. Duel levels still suck and bully duellers into less targets instead of rewarding them.
-Don't touch crit chance/damage at this point. Taking things away won't make people happy.
-Duel radius is good and a big bonus, might not even need any other change? Idk.
-Everyone should be able to see other people's current bonuses as a script does this already, it is irrelevant in the current state of the game.
GENERAL: Strong class imo, doesn't need that much changing since its bonuses have scaled (too) well over the years.

Workers:
-Extra XP is nice, can be buffed imo.
-Banking fees are outdated but nice bonus.
-Construction/motivation bonus is nice.
-Aiming/dodging bonus in FF's is quite balanced. It's not stronger than soldiers in tanking, and not stronger than duellists in damaging, so it won't be a real meta FF class, but it does its job. If anything it could use a small buff to bring it up to par with other classes but not that necessary.
-Same as advent I see that people would appreciate a duel bonus. Same as with advent, I'm not sure what could be added that'd be diverse enough.
GENERAL: Non PvP bonuses could use a buff, FF bonus is +- balanced, duel bonus would be appreciated.

Soldiers:
-HP bonus is probably the best in the game for FF and duels. It's hard to nerf that after 15 years imo, even though it would be somewhat justified with recent level updates. Maybe an additional 4HP/point (8 with prem) instead of 5. If not, just keep it, but it opens up justified avenues for other classes to be buffed more.
-Level bonus has become irrelevant, either remove or change it to diminish upgrade costs or something. Outdated.
-Tactic bonus for duels is also really strong, same as with the HP bonus I'd understand reluctance to nerf it, if a nerf is wanted 35/40% would be a start. If not, again, opens up options for serious buffs for other classes. Easier/more appreciated to give stuff than to take stuff away.
-LS bonus in FF is imo pretty outdated. I know people like the funny numbers, but it really doesn't do that much in reality. Giving 10/15 aim/dodge bonus to neighbours is nice, but ultimately doesn't do much. If anything you could take this away, or buff this to compensate HP nerfs.
GENERAL: Strongest class in the game imo, closely followed by duellist. Can do a bit of everything, I'd be reluctant to take stuff away. Just give other classes more bonuses.

TLDR: Buff advent PVP, Buff worker PVP, Duellist is fine-ish, Soldier would be ok to receive a (small) nerf if buffs to other classes are not adequate.

Game systems:
-FF still needs help, decrease overall LS scaling (this would lower complaints about duellers as general dmg would be lower). Also opens up the possibility to give tanks a HP nerf. Getting hit for 1500+ (being generous here) standard is not fun.
-Consider giving HP/AP pots when getting KOd in an FF. They're a major drive for activity in worlds and people should be rewarded by participating in them. I get it, UP is nice, but the average player doesn't get more than 15UP which just isn't enough for the average noob. XP still a joke btw.
-Change how duel level cap works and change how XP works as well. Doesn't make sense to keep that system when worlds are getting smaller and smaller and people need to intentionally lower their DL level by spamming hundreds of bible duels.
-Since nerfing church isn't gonna happen, buff XP for jobs by a lot. (Doubling XP isn't out of the question)

Loki

The West Team
@Criminus:
6e5f2a64-726b-483f-80bc-83d7292f3a20_text.gif

Jokes aside, it's your merit. The Beta Community. :up::lovetw:
You guys did an amazing job on this Feedback thread.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Best thing that InnoGames did this year , good stuff:up:

Now make a questionnaire, share it on all markets , all forums and even in social media, let people write their thoughts and what they would want to add or change about every character. After accumulating a lot of answers. Go through every possible buff or nerf or implementation possible. After that make an actual test server , invite 200-300 players , could be random could be a draw could be specially selected. Share with those players what changes have you came up with after the questionnaire. You can also make a side questionnaire for players to share their experience and knowledge about the game so you can actually invite logical players that know about the game very good.

It's really not that hard..