• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changelog 2.191 - Discussion

Guiri

Corporal
1. Will the bond reward go up too for tanks or is it only the XP that is buffed?
2. Will the fort battle ranking value change for tanks? Will they earn more for each battle in comparison to damagers?
3. Will the old fort battle ranking be streamlined to the new formula, thus making each hit taken/dodge made have higher value and pushing tanks up in the ranking?

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Needless to say I'm utterly disapointed. We've been waiting for these horse sets since autumn. We really needed a horse set with tactics, Behan gives aiming and dodging, but the tactics is extremely low, Marshall's which is a 3 year old, cheap and weak horse set offers 3 times more tactics than Behan's. And not everyone has Behan's, that sale was accompanied by 2 other useless horse sets and nobody bought anything. I only know 2 people on the server who have them and never duel, they have them for collection. I spent an hour doing dozens of comparisons and calculations to add bonuses as good as suitable, good enough to make people spend nuggets on them ,but at the same time not OP. I did it for nothing. What about patience is a virtue?
Patience is a virtue. I haven't even made the announcement.
Early feedback has been forwarded. :up:
So when we said that our feedback is useless and that we are wasting our time, were we right? :lol:
You will add an OP set for the firearm, you nerfed some weapons that no one said were too strong and now you add some horse sets a few months late with embarrassing bonuses, without listening to anyone's opinion. The long-awaited fort change is not enough at all, xp at the fort has increased far too little, those who didn't come to the fort battles won't come now for 3k extra xp. Congratulations, what can I say... :no:

Loki

The West Team
I spent an hour doing dozens of comparisons and calculations to add bonuses as good as suitable, good enough to make people spend nuggets on them ,but at the same time not OP.
I know you have spent time, many of you have and personally, I do appreciate it. :up:

So when we said that our feedback is useless and that we are wasting our time, were we right? :lol:
Not really. Maybe the changes are small but without you guys there would be no changes.

Passed on the feedback for the OP firearm set, hopefully it will be adjusted soon.

I have forwarded the feedback in regards to the weapons, to be readjusted or brought back to initial values.

The animal sets have been altered a bit from the values you guys found initially due to your feedback. Maybe not enough but not zero.
Also, John Astor has "+25% Experience from jobs, duels and fort battles" because of:
John Astor's horse + saddle (both items bonus and set bonus added up):

And, as you like, some random bonus added to these horse sets.
  • +25% xp from duels, jobs and fort fights (this one may work well on this horse set)

The fort change is not 3k extra. Yesterday max exp. was 16.5k (10% extra as it was a Worker). Don't know if that is absolute max or just that battle.
And it's not only about the value, now "more points for adventurers and absorbing damage" so HP players (tanks) can also reach max exp.

Feedback works. Perfectly? No, but it's something. :)
feedback.jpg

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Also, John Astor has "+25% Experience from jobs, duels and fort battles" because of (WhyN0t's feedback)
I appreciate it, but that was the least important bonus I mentioned. I also said "I'll throw in some random values as you like", but this time they weren't random. But in no way is it relevant, it won't make a difference, nobody will buy the John Astor horse set just because it has 25% xp. Those who will buy it, will do it for other reasons. It will also be the only horse set bought, no one will spend nuggets for the other two, maybe only collectors, but those would have bought anything, so it's not relevant for this case.
The animal sets have been altered a bit from the values you guys found initially due to your feedback. Maybe not enough but not zero.
Can you show us the original values? I'm really curious.

Not really. Maybe the changes are small but without you guys there would be no changes.
If the changes are infinitesimally small, it is as if there were no changes. So it's wasted time for both parts. Don't ask for feedback if you do everything as you want. Of course, you can't listen to everyone, but when you receive well-argued feedback, it would be nice to be taken into account.

sarah vs behan.png
You lose 200 skills with Sarah compared to Behan. You only get 133 hp more. Which is USELESS, this is a horse set with vigor and you have plenty of HP from Strength and other items, you don't need more HP, HP don't win duels. Behan is 2 years old and is much, much better. And nobody considered behan's horse set to be OP, many players said it doesn't worth the nuggets, I'm curious what they think about Sarah's. 2 years ago there weren't very strong appearance sets and tailor's items like now, there were not Perry, not Jaguar, not OP tailor items like Green shell jacket, Fancy fringed scarf etc., if there weren't these very strong appearance items back then and you could introduce Behan's horse set, why do you choose now, after 2 years, when we need a horse set with tactics to introduce this mockery called Sarah Astor?

sarah vs irlanda.png
This new horse set is worse than Eire horse set, which was never that great to begin with. And Eire horse set was extremly easy to obtain. And it's better than Sarah's. It has more tactics and charisma and it's more versatile, it also has shooting, not only vigor, and appearance. And the HP makes sense here, because it's mainly used by duelists with range weapons, because the set provide some shooting. This set has also much better job bonuses. Who do you think will spend the nugget on this horse set joke?

Loki

The West Team
Don't ask for feedback if you do everything as you want. Of course, you can't listen to everyone, but when you receive well-argued feedback, it would be nice to be taken into account.
Are you referring to "you" as in "Loki" or "InnoGames"? Because, if it's about me, I'm sure (or at least hope) that you already know that decisions are not mine to make.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about the people who make these decisions, but it's hard for me to address them, I don't know them, I don't know who's in charge, whether it's the product manager, whether it's the LCM, whether it's the developer, whether it's people who are in charge of other games (I heard that the sets are made by some people from Tribal Wars who have nothing to do with The west). I don't know how to address them, so I use 2nd person, you are the middleman, so I am addressing you, but the message is not for you, but for the InnoGames staff who make these decisions. I know you're not to blame, but who else am I supposed to tell?
How can I tell the set makers that InnoGames Games is losing money making 2 out of 3 horse sets useless. They could make them better without ruining any balance, they could take my suggested values, but no. They decide to make 2 terrible horse sets. Who will spend nuggets on them? People don't even buy the good items, let alone these.

aimgei

Lance Corporal
Passed on the feedback for the OP firearm set, hopefully it will be adjusted soon.

I have forwarded the feedback in regards to the weapons, to be readjusted or brought back to initial values.
What about Martha's set ? Can't we get it added to the twigs loot pool ?