• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changelog 2.190 - Discussion

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
I don't diasagree, but objectively, Bull's set has more defense than Cortina's, so if I fight with Bull someone else with Cortina's, both of us in the grass, I will win.

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
Me it wonders what for new Wahren comes on sale?

and what there is for new set, chests, buffs ect. in the store is available?

and is McGuffin also added something new?

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Everything is announced late (sometimes too late). All we can do is wait.

I hope the new horse sets won't disapoint. I hope Sarah Astor horse set won't be 2 vigor : 2 tactics : 1 aiming : 1 dodging : 1 hp like the clothes, because it will be useless this way. Sarah already has too much tactics and not enough aiming/dodging, most of the time you have to use behan horse+saddle, behan's weapons and 2 or even 3 josephine's clothing items in order to compensate for lacking a+d.
I hope this horse set will give something like this: 1.2 vigor : 1.2 tactics : 1 aiming : 1 dodging : 0.3 HP. Less hp, more aiming and dodging.
So, it may be: 1.1 vigor x lvl, 1.2 tactics x lvl, 1.1 aiming x lvl, 1 dodging x lvl 0.3 hp x lvl and to keep the ratio between the attributes on the clothes: 0.18 strength x lvl, 0.15 mobility x lvl, 0.05 dexterity x lvl, 0.17 carisma x lvl. The number of skills and attributes is very similar with perry owens, another 2022 horse set. Perry's horse+saddle have: 4.57 skills and 0.516 atributes per level. My proposal for Sarah has: 4.7 skills and 0.55 attributes per lvl. (and 0.3 is hp which doesn't influence the duel directly). What do you say?
If you add too much vigor, it will make cowgirl's horse set useless. And if you think the tactics is too much (which is similar with Marshall's horse set, a 3 year old construction set), then nerf the soldier's bonus, which has become better and better with each new set and each new update. You can't really play with tactics unless you're a soldier. Which sucks.

Last edited:

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
We are the beta testers, aren't we? The big test center. And InnoGame doesn't trust us? That they always give us very meager information! Don't start like 2 years ago. With big promises then only warm air came out and had to wait 2 years for the big thing. The banger :njub: .
In 1 month is already wider Valentine's Day! February 14, 2023. Do you have to wait here again at the last minute? Or does it work this time to deliver everything on time?

Copchilu

Reservist
Everything is announced late (sometimes too late). All we can do is wait.

I hope the new horse sets won't disapoint. I hope Sarah Astor horse set won't be 2 vigor : 2 tactics : 1 aiming : 1 dodging : 1 hp like the clothes, because it will be useless this way. Sarah already has too much tactics and not enough aiming/dodging, most of the time you have to use behan horse+saddle, behan's weapons and 2 or even 3 josephine's clothing items in order to compensate for lacking a+d.
I hope this horse set will give something like this: 1.2 vigor : 1.2 tactics : 1 aiming : 1 dodging : 0.3 HP. Less hp, more aiming and dodging.
So, it may be: 1.1 vigor x lvl, 1.2 tactics x lvl, 1.1 aiming x lvl, 1 dodging x lvl 0.3 hp x lvl and to keep the ratio between the attributes on the clothes: 0.18 strength x lvl, 0.15 mobility x lvl, 0.05 dexterity x lvl, 0.17 carisma x lvl. The number of skills and attributes is very similar with perry owens, another 2022 horse set. Perry's horse+saddle have: 4.57 skills and 0.516 atributes per level. My proposal for Sarah has: 4.7 skills and 0.55 attributes per lvl. (and 0.3 is hp which doesn't influence the duel directly). What do you say?
If you add too much vigor, it will make cowgirl's horse set useless. And if you think the tactics is too much (which is similar with Marshall's horse set, a 3 year old construction set), then nerf the soldier's bonus, which has become better and better with each new set and each new update. You can't really play with tactics unless you're a soldier. Which sucks.
You keep complain about soldiers.. I don't mind that. But realistic, you can defeat tactics if u're smart.
Indeed, huge advantage. But that doesen't mean that soldiers are gods.. :oops:

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
But realistic, you can defeat tactics if u're smart
If you reskill mid duel? Yeah sure, you can defeat soldier this way. Either full toughness/reflex or full appearance. he won't expect the reskill,otherwise he could have beaten you anyway. But why would you resort to such a thing?

But that doesen't mean that soldiers are gods.

I'm not talking here about noobs who don't know how to play, but soldiers with good items who know how to combine them in order to beat you. I can beat anyone on defense and I am an adventurer, imagine what a soldier can do. Double hp and 50% more tactics. They can play t/r with tactics if they want, and win easily against 2-3 people raids. It's hard to win against a raid as any other class, items with tactics are worse than items with appearance. And here is the soldier's fault.

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
It seems like this...But we're "testers" without a platform to test items.
I don't think the west have official testers anymore.
About 10 years ago still a test server. Now we are the offshoot of International Server? Ouch and since 5 years it is called Marionette or offshoot of The-West.net

JustAMoment

Lance Corporal
How about some new recipes?
I would like to see something even better for dmg in duels. Or something brand new like +Resistance in FF could be nice.
But i suppose something like this might be when shop rework arive (if ever).
But it would be cool to have some bigger use for new products except future quests or something.
Some of the old ones might even use little buff since 15 points in current west doesnt really add much basically anywhere idk.

Oh yea and why upgrading of sets stopped? Like Elfego,Jeremiah,Munny + Fisher,Eaton,Mcjunkin still have old values. Its weird. Seems forgotten xD

TadschMahal

Sergeant
I would like to see something even better for dmg in duels.
for that one - just no - the dmg is way too high due to the level increase - duels are out of balance - not only skill based and machanics but also the DMG-HP balance is just broken now - the dmg is way too high for every other class than soldiers - ppl doin around 1k dmg+ per hit atm

Loki

The West Team
And the distance penalty
Let's see if I got this right.

The fort battles need to have the distance penalty reduced and those are decent numbers in order to have a decent horse set (but not OP)?
Any opinions in regards to the other 2? John Astor's and Bob Younger's.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
These is just a ratio. You can adjust the values depending on the results of your tests. I have no way to test a horse set that doesn't exist. You can reduce aiming and dodging a bit if you think it's too much, but, again, the issue is represented by the soldiers tactical bonus, the skills proposed by me are similar with those on perry's.

I will edit this comment in the next minutes with a bonus for the other 2 horse sets.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
John Astor's horse + saddle (both items bonus and set bonus added up):
  • 0.3 x lvl dexterity
  • 0.3 x lvl carisma
  • 1.3 x lvl aiming
  • 1.8 x lvl setting traps
  • 1.85 x lvl leadership
  • +6 attack (3 attack for the horse and 3 for the set bonus)
  • 300% horse speed
This way, you will have more leadership with these horse and saddle than with murrieta's +3. But the difference is not that big. You also get a lot of attack, but lose sector damage. It's a good trade in my opinion, you can get the sector damage from someone else.
If you want to add sector damage, you should reduce the leadership and the attack (only +3 attack and 1.6 leadership instead of 1.9).

And, as you like, some random bonus added to these horse sets.
  • +25% xp from duels, jobs and fort fights (this one may work well on this horse set)

Bob Younger's horse + saddle (both items bonus and set bonus added up):
  • 0.2 x lvl strength
  • 0.3 x lvl mobility
  • 0.15 x lvl dexterity
  • 0.05 x lvl carisma
  • 1.0 x lvl health points
  • 2.4 x lvl horseback riding
  • 0.9 x lvl tactics
  • 150% speed (from items and set bonus, not horse speed, it bay be 50% as bonus set and 100% for the saddle)
  • 300% horse speed

Here is a bit more complicated to test, because a direct comparison won't work, the speed formula being a bit tricky, but I managed to make this horse set faster than Schwarzwald's calf + chef's book (the most common combination), but still weaker than Gringo's horse set. I eliminated the dodging because I found it useless. The clothing set has a very small amount and it's not usefull at all, not for duels, not for works, not for speed. The horse can also have 20% extra speed (as an item bonus, not more horse speed) like Schwarzwald's calf has. It is still weaker than Gringo's, even with extra 20% speed for the horse, even if you upgrade them, so it should be fine. The extra bonus for this horse set is the % speed I have mentioned above.

Sarah Astor's horse + saddle (both items bonus and set bonus added up):
  • 0.18 x lvl strength
  • 0.15 x lvl mobility
  • 0.05 x lvl dexterity
  • 0.17 x lvl carisma
  • 1.1 x lvl vigor
  • 0.4 x lvl health points
  • 1.05 x lvl aiming
  • 0.95 x lvl dodging
  • 1.2 x lvl tactics
  • 300% horse speed
I have slightly reduced the aiming and dodging and slightly increased the HP.
The extra bonus may be:
  • +35% money from duels, jobs and fort fights
The price may be: 600 nuggets for the horse and 400 nuggets for the saddle.

Last edited:

Jeremiah Johnson

Private First Class
@Loki I have a question, and this is in no way a slight against WhyNot and the small handful of Beta players that try to offer feedback, but why are you not working with Syntex to run International (EN) test servers* for new gear sets? I can promise you that you'd have a reasonably good sample of players trying out the gear which would offer you actual data to see and you'd certainly get player commentary.

I realize the "Beta" servers are meant for testing but you have two issues: One player that has locked down fort fighting from happening on both worlds and because of that a largely apathetic player base. Ergo, Beta is effectively not a testing platform for fort fighting.

*What I'm getting at is something like a speed server, but its purpose is mainly to test gear sets. You could offer nuggets and bonds somehow as a reward for those that help offer the best data and/or feedback.

Last edited:

obai-the-king

Lance Corporal
can you tell us when the chef's help is put on the shop? as others have the safe source among the admins and know this and send them privately