• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changelog 2.181 Discussion

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Step 1: You take the 294 sets that are in the game right now and rebalance like 50 of them to be viable in the current meta.
Step 2: You stop making new sets, instead sell the 50 viable sets that already exist, in rotation, and let players upgrade their existing sets.
What about those who don't have these old sets?

An update like this would increase the damage way too much. I already deal 7k damage per duel with vaquero's knives ^4 if i hit 8/8 in the head. Imagine everyone dealing this amount of damage or even higher with basic weapons which are not only very cheap, but also easy to obtain. It was a hell to find 81 knives at good prices. If you buy some items from the market and someone else buy the others, the price of the next items put on the market will skyrocket.
Its very easy to get set weapons to lvl3+ if you have many "friends" or irl money... Just make lvl5 weapons as strong as lvl2-3 of event set weapons

DeletedUser500

If everything is scaling per level, why have minimum levels to the items? Is that not completely redundant?

Bin the entire thing already, mistakes were made, it's okay, just revert everything from the last year.

If everything is scaling per level, why have minimum levels to the items? Is that not completely redundant?

Bin the entire thing already, mistakes were made, it's okay, just revert everything from the last year.
Remove them completely if they increase level is better thenp

For example huckleberry: the base is 20-40 so you can add a little amount of damage per level from its level requirement, 20 if I remember well.
I totally agree though scaling with level sucks and completely destroyed the game. No challenge, no goal, this is what it brought.
No, actually I was wondering, if it’s going to take 4 months I would at least expect something useful… it would change ;O)

FreeHugs

Lance Corporal
I think if scaling is done properly it can have a fair, useful and provide interesting interactions with the game & other items so shouldn't be scrapped but improved (and maybe not so universally used (but both will never happen))

It's a pretty cool idea for named / shiny weapons to have an actual benefit to be used within a few levels of their requirement (and higher level / expensive named weapons to be useful for longer) along side scaling items (since scaling wont be balanced or reverted this imo best option).

But again this all relies on them being able to follow the suggestion lulumcnoob made when updating the weapons.

Last edited:

DeletedUser500

What about those who don't have these old sets?
I'm not suggesting we make the original tombola sets, that everyone probably sold off a decade ago, viable, rather the 50 latest sets, and if you don't have any of the latest 50 sets, you're in the same position as you otherwise would be in, that you'd have to buy/play for them at an event.

Jeremiah Johnson

Private First Class
It seems that it is time to create v3.0 that restarts the game without the seven years of legacy tombola sets, changes the level range, adds in new quests, jobs, events, etc. and simultaneously allow some worlds to be the v2.0+ model. InnoGames should then consider consolidating all servers into one international server and then condense the v2.0+ worlds to 3-5 total (or use @lulumcnoob 's consolidation model for crying out loud). Finally, InnoGames could continue with their EN profit model (October new world+DOTD+Christmas Sale) henceforth with v3.0 building new world's each year for solvency.

You could retain your customers, at least for a time, that like the way things are and their "investments", but also allows those of us that don't want to be whales to function, to have a new experience with the game.

To clarify, I've finally figured out that if you want to have any chance at being a top player (that is ranked in the top 10 of fort fighting or dueling) with the EN profit model, you have to spend a minimum of $400.00 USD on the DOTD tombola to have even a chance to drop Cortina, Zapata, Musical Cowgirl and/or Vaquero. Then you'll need an additional $25-$50 dollars to get a complimentary set like Summer Spirits or the Golden Horse set. Please keep in mind that this the bottom of the whale food chain with this investment. Imagine having a goal for ^1 or ^2 Cortina, et al. Those are the blue whales of The West. Not everyone wants to do that or feel like we have to in order to show that we know how to play the game.

Last edited:

Guiri

Corporal
It seems that it is time to create v3.0 that restarts the game without the seven years of legacy tombola sets, changes the level range, adds in new quests, jobs, events, etc. and simultaneously allow some worlds to be the v2.0+ model. InnoGames should then consider consolidating all servers into one international server and then condense the v2.0+ worlds to 3-5 total (or use @lulumcnoob 's consolidation model for crying out loud). Finally, InnoGames could continue with their EN profit model (October new world+DOTD+Christmas Sale) henceforth with v3.0 building new world's each year for solvency.

You could retain your customers, at least for a time, that like the way things are and their "investments", but also allows those of us that don't want to be whales to function, to have a new experience with the game.

To clarify, I've finally figured out that if you want to have any chance at being a top player (that is ranked in the top 10 of fort fighting or dueling) with the EN profit model, you have to spend a minimum of $400.00 USD on the DOTD tombola to have even a chance to drop Cortina, Zapata, Musical Cowgirl and/or Vaquero. Then you'll need an additional $25-$50 dollars to get a complimentary set like Summer Spirits or the Golden Horse set. Please keep in mind that this the bottom of the whale food chain with this investment. Imagine having a goal for ^1 or ^2 Cortina, et al. Those are the blue whales of The West. Not everyone wants to do that or feel like we have to in order to show that we know how to play the game.
If you know how to play DOTD well you can easily get a full set for a few thousands nuggets.
Plus many people play several worlds and buy nugget things on each world, if they only had one world they would spend less in total.

Jeremiah Johnson

Private First Class
If you know how to play DOTD well you can easily get a full set for a few thousands nuggets.
Plus many people play several worlds and buy nugget things on each world, if they only had one world they would spend less in total.

"Know how to play DOTD well"...you mean they can pull a slot machine lever? Yeah I suppose that does take a measure of elbow dexterity that not all people possess.

Guiri

Corporal
With that attitude I understand that a person can spend 400 dollars and not get a full set. Actually I dont. It's all about when you bribe, and not bribe. It has nothing to do with luck. for 4000 nuggets I get a full level 1, for 1500 I get a full set. This is first day spinning. If you don't, ask yourself why not.

For those of us that don't have RL money to waste on pixels, bribing is not an option.
I've been saving the 5 day login nuggets but I don't care to waste them on a 'chance' to get something [or not, or not what i need/want], only spend them when I know exactly what I would get

Last edited:

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
With that attitude I understand that a person can spend 400 dollars and not get a full set. Actually I dont. It's all about when you bribe, and not bribe. It has nothing to do with luck. for 4000 nuggets I get a full level 1, for 1500 I get a full set. This is first day spinning. If you don't, ask yourself why not.
It's better if you ask yourself, does everyone have that amount of money? The answer is no , only those who have money and are willing to spend over 400 euro will buy stuff , if you actually know how to play you can get a lot of stuff for free and even make them +1 too.

Guiri

Corporal
It's better if you ask yourself, does everyone have that amount of money? The answer is no , only those who have money and are willing to spend over 400 euro will buy stuff , if you actually know how to play you can get a lot of stuff for free and even make them +1 too.
That was pretty much my point, he said he would need 400 dollars to get a full set. I said I could get one first day for 1500 nuggets or level 1 for 4000. Neither 1500 or 4000 would cost 400 dollars. I would almost complete the set during the event without using nuggets as well.

Now when DOTD is 66% instead of 50% I really dont see reason to complain about it. Much cheaper to get a full set there for nuggets than buying a nugget set.

Jeremiah Johnson

Private First Class
So essentially you are both either not actually telling a fully true story or you know about an exploit for the DOTD minigame, taking advantage of it, and, even worse, not reporting it. Therefore, live stream your way of "how to play DOTD correctly" this year to prove your "special knowledge" or your just, literally, cheating.