• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changelog 2.181 Discussion

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Now that all foot items are updated and in general all Tailor items have been updated what can we expect next? Gunsmith weapons update? General Store horses update? Old sets update?
I am not sure what is next but most likely weapons if all other clothing items are done with. Though with weapons (and this is just a guess), it is likely that the damage won't be changed per level. Instead, the weapons that do offer a skill or attribute bonus will be changed so that said skill/attribute will scale per level.

FreeHugs

Lance Corporal
I am not sure what is next but most likely weapons if all other clothing items are done with. Though with weapons (and this is just a guess), it is likely that the damage won't be changed per level. Instead, the weapons that do offer a skill or attribute bonus will be changed so that said skill/attribute will scale per level.

Nice, though I do think a slight damage change would be important as high damage is meta even with skill point scaling they wont be used without a sliiight damage increase. Don't need to make the damage scale, just good that if you levelled them alot some could "maybe" compete with some of the tombola weapons.

You could only give the decent damage increases to the very rare weapons (Which is sort of the case anyway) so that it's not easily made strong so it isn't a case of buying 243 felt hats and instantly winning every duel. Maybe just reserved for the crafted, named & premium weapons while the normal shop weapons only have an increase to make them just about on par with lvl 0 to level 1 tombola weapons if they've been made lvl 3-5.

Would be cool to see people going around with Wyatt Earp's Colt Buntline and some tombola rifle and not get completely demolished lol

DeletedUser500

Would be cool to see people going around with Wyatt Earp's Colt Buntline and some tombola rifle and not get completely demolished lol
It's at this point I'll point out that the named item, in this case Wyatt Earp's gives ~25% more damage and more than 2.5x more skills than it's shiny counterpart. The Named items should be significantly stronger than the precise/sharp/shiny versions, making them both rare and desirable - a concept which has, to great disappointment, not carried over to the "per-level generation" of classic gear, where some "shiny" versions of clothes are actually better than the named version.

Perhaps, before moving on to weapons, the west team should take the time to refine what they have done so far - balancing the hats, re-balancing the named items and also re-balancing the Classic sets to be in line with what you're doing now.

The classic gear is in a terrible place right now, to the point that there's a movement to revert the game to before these changes started so we can have fun Classic-Style events again.
I really hope what has been done thus far isn't the "final version" of the per-level changes, and if it is, you should be ashamed of the job you've done.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
I was waiting so long for the update of weapons and now you say they wont be updated... Hahaha tragic
An update like this would increase the damage way too much. I already deal 7k damage per duel with vaquero's knives ^4 if i hit 8/8 in the head. Imagine everyone dealing this amount of damage or even higher with basic weapons which are not only very cheap, but also easy to obtain. It was a hell to find 81 knives at good prices. If you buy some items from the market and someone else buy the others, the price of the next items put on the market will skyrocket.

FreeHugs

Lance Corporal
An update like this would increase the damage way too much. I already deal 7k damage per duel with vaquero's knives ^4 if i hit 8/8 in the head. Imagine everyone dealing this amount of damage or even higher with basic weapons which are not only very cheap, but also easy to obtain. It was a hell to find 81 knives at good prices. If you buy some items from the market and someone else buy the others, the price of the next items put on the market will skyrocket.

Lulumcnoob's suggestion fixes this issue.

& Without that damage soldiers would be invincible. I don't think it should go much higher nor be easy to obtain though.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
I hope you realize that the soldiers will also have increased damage, not just yourself.
The issue is soldier OP bonus which should be nerfed to the ground. Buffing everyone else just to help them against soldiers means that you just make the soldier even stronger. He still have 50% extra tactics and double HP, you will be the one KOed faster, not him.
Soldier needs a nerf in duel (or just buff everyone else), and adventurer needs a buff, especially in the fort category.

FreeHugs

Lance Corporal
No, upping damage to counter soldiers wasn't why I suggested it, at the current state of the game, with high damage weapons existing and it being alot harder to get KO's these days even with lvl 3-4 vaq not upgrading the damage at all (hopefully they do it the way lul said) would make the whole update pointless, completely.

Though I agree either nerfing soldier or buffing other classes for duels is needed and is the bigger problem, though honestly I don't want them to touch anything that serious I can't help but feel like they'll completely fumble it.

Miss Florida

Lance Corporal
No, upping damage to counter soldiers wasn't why I suggested it, at the current state of the game, with high damage weapons existing and it being alot harder to get KO's these days even with lvl 3-4 vaq not upgrading the damage at all (hopefully they do it the way lul said) would make the whole update pointless, completely.

Though I agree either nerfing soldier or buffing other classes for duels is needed and is the bigger problem, though honestly I don't want them to touch anything that serious I can't help but feel like they'll completely fumble it.
Probably the biggest issue is that there are no original and full-time devs left working on this game while those making decisions never actively played the game. So I guess they don´t dare to make any bigger changes since they don´t know the game well enough to predict how the changes would affect it.

If they knew what they are doing, Union fiasco would have never happened and also that secret/big update would have already been implemented.

DeletedUser500

Then what do you get? Do you really think that they will change their sets and bonuses just because someone guessed the set type?
Step 1: You take the 294 sets that are in the game right now and rebalance like 50 of them to be viable in the current meta.
Step 2: You stop making new sets, instead sell the 50 viable sets that already exist, in rotation, and let players upgrade their existing sets.

You take control of the PvP meta and make it competitive again, you take control of the power creep and enable yourself the space to make wholesale PvP fixes that aren't just going to be ruined when the new overpowered set is released.
You stop the perpetual uncontrolled arms-race of damage verses tanks, and actually have, for the first time in nearly a decade, a balanced game, with multiple options of playstyles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Step 1: You take the 294 sets that are in the game right now and rebalance like 50 of them to be viable in the current meta.
Step 2: You stop making new sets, instead sell the 50 viable sets that already exist, in rotation, and let players upgrade their existing sets.

You take control of the PvP meta and make it competitive again, you take control of the power creep and enable yourself the space to make wholesale PvP fixes that aren't just going to be ruined when the new overpowered set is released.
@lulumcnoob for president!