• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changelog 2.180 Discussion

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
I'm sorry, but "24 hours after completing the previous one" is not the same as 23:59 -> 00:01.
If it's 24h later, then that is at 23:59 on the next day, not 2 min later, just after midnight. That is considered a bug - "quests were appearing earlier, just after midnight. The bug was fixed."
And now we will have to wait 24h, no matter when you finished a quest? Well, that absolutely sucks and it is a bad move.
I think we have a language problem here, @BaggyBlue - This is a "bugfix" for daily quests. Quests that repeat every day.

I hope someone from InnoGames staff can clear this up. For example, if I complete the daily quest in the saloon to exchange 15 speared fish for 1 bond today at 23:59 - can I do it again at 0:01, or do I have to wait 24h?
Apologies for the confusion. This does indeed apply for daily tasks but for the ''regular'' daily tasks (e.g. the ones at the paper in the saloon), it only covers the cinema tasks. This change was mostly done to fix the cinema daily tasks and other daily tasks with a similar requirement.

Pankreas PorFavor

Private First Class
Apologies for the confusion. This does indeed apply for daily tasks but for the ''regular'' daily tasks (e.g. the ones at the paper in the saloon), it only covers the cinema tasks. This change was mostly done to fix the cinema daily tasks and other daily tasks with a similar requirement.

absolutely unnecessary, wasted effort, fixing things that aren't broken.
any idea when InnoGames will finish with fixing things that don't need fixing and focus on stuff that needs it (like PvP)?

wait. they are changing the cinema-quest to be only availabe 24h after being finished the last time?
if this was a bug, it was a bug since its implementation 10+years ago!

can i please then get my punishment for bug-using this every day for the past years?

when will the cinema-films be available?
- 24h after last view?
- 24h after the quest was closed?
- or as now, every day early morning?

wait. they are changing the cinema-quest to be only availabe 24h after being finished the last time?
if this was a bug, it was a bug since its implementation 10+years ago!

can i please then get my punishment for bug-using this every day for the past years?

when will the cinema-films be available?
- 24h after last view?
- 24h after the quest was closed?
- or as now, every day early morning?
repeating my questions as noone seemed willing to answer them!

This might also affect events like harvester and clover, the quest states "after completing, you must wait 24 hours ", meaning that if you accept on Monday1, complete the quest on Monday 2, accept the monday quest on Monday2, you can't complete the monday quest until Monday3 and you'll always be behind.

Maybe it was like that anyway, but if not, just wait for that feedback

I agree with everyone, totally unnecessary "fix". It would've been more player friendly to change the wording to reflect how the game has been played for 10yrs.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
This might also affect events like harvester and clover, the quest states "after completing, you must wait 24 hours ", meaning that if you accept on Monday1, complete the quest on Monday 2, accept the monday quest on Monday2, you can't complete the monday quest until Monday3 and you'll always be behind.

Maybe it was like that anyway, but if not, just wait for that feedback

I agree with everyone, totally unnecessary "fix". It would've been more player friendly to change the wording to reflect how the game has been played for 10yrs.
The cinema quest requirements follows the same settings (to call it that) as other quests (such as quests in our crafting event and I believe harvest event as you have indeed mentioned), hence why this was changed.

Pankreas PorFavor

Private First Class
you don't have a big development team working on this game, so why waste time on stuff nobody asked for that doesn't improve anything? yes, this is a bad "fix" and no, it won't have a huge impact on the players, but it proves (again) that those who manage The West are completely out of touch with this game.
please, don't include this in the update for regular worlds, and here in beta revert back to how it was before.

DeletedUser500

you don't have a big development team working on this game, so why waste time on stuff nobody asked for that doesn't improve anything?
Do you mean the level cap and jobs update? The classic clothes being made per-level and completely ruining classic-style events? Unachievable achievements?

Oh you're all moaning about a dead revenue stream with very little bearing on the gameplay and how it interacts with a pointless gameplay mechanic. Alright then.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Players have been asking for PVP fixes , @RaiderTr and @lulumcnoob have been sharing their improvement ideas on FF's for the past 2 , 3 years?

Question: Why does "Tw team" doesn't listen to the real game problems for possible fixes or improvements or at least tweaks rather than fixing stuff that haven't broken the game and have been in the game like that for years?

The only thing you should do now after all this negative feedback is to revert it back as it was , a normal game if it has a new update and players give their feedback and almost all feedback is negative the game will revert the update , this is what you have and must do , if you don't then it clearly will show that this forum and beta in general is a joke that players feedback and ideas do not go anywhere ( not that is not like that now ) but it will put a cherry on top of the cake.

DeletedUser500

@lulumcnoob have been sharing their improvement ideas on FF's for the past 2 , 3 years?
It's been like 14 years, but who's counting :njub:

The only thing you should do now after all this negative feedback is to revert it back as it was
Lol, almost every update since October 2020 should be scrapped and revert to Version 2.135.
Actually the further back we go, to a certain degree, the better the game was. I wish the last 2 years were spent making Perma-Classic possible on a later version, like how Runescape runs 2 versions of their game and classic is vastly better and more popular.

The cinema quest requirements follows the same settings (to call it that) as other quests (such as quests in our crafting event and I believe harvest event as you have indeed mentioned), hence why this was changed.
I joined the beta forum to provide feedback because it was quite obvious that no amount of feedback was being considered in the regular forum. Once I'm here, a very unpopular decision was made, feedback was given, and what is the result so far?