• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changelog 2.170

Richard Maverick

Lance Corporal
Like previously said, is a good upgrade, but is not THAT good. We will still use set pieces, that makes this changelog usless. I have commented that you sould exceed the set pieces, so we could use them, and leave the choice to us, as the sets give other bonuses that the old clothes don´t, like Experience, Luck, Drop rate.

A good example of this are the hats, they overpower the sets hats, BUT we cannot use the full bonus. This makes it more interesting, we think what hat to use, and what bonuses to get.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
We will still use set pieces, that makes this changelog usless.
Not really. Some pieces of equipment are quite good in some combinations.
Some of them a bit too good. For example Green silk scarf is better than Blue tooth chain and also give 4 bonuses instead of 3. This is unfair for those who already upgrade the blue tooth chain. Where is the point in upgrading an item, making it useful, then after few days upgrading another one, making it much better than the previous one?

DeletedUser500

This is unfair for those who already upgrade the blue tooth chain. Where is the point in upgrading an item, making it useful, then after few days upgrading another one, making it much better than the previous one?
*sigh*

You are comparing a level ~40 item to a level ~110 item.

Are you suggesting, with a straight face, that the high level item shouldn't be stronger than the week 1 of a new world item?
Logic is the thing that we sorely miss with these updates, please don't make it worse with such suggestions of "unfairness" and your own lack of foresight that the higher level items would be better when they are finally updated.

Here, however, lies the simple reason in my eyes, as to why the entire updated shop clothes project has already failed: upgrades.
They made the hats too strong then released it on the production servers prematurely, level 5 shop hats became the new meta and now InnoGames feel as if they can't balance the hats to where they should be because every short-sighted ignoramus - who can't see the problems that the unchecked power-creep have caused - would throw a fit of main character syndrome and complain about how it's not fair to them personally, when the entire game is what's being screwed over.

It's taken an exceptionally long time to update all of the clothes - it should have been one or two updates all together, where the Beta community could actually viably analyse the whole project before it screwed with the flow of new worlds and old worlds alike by being introduced piecemeal, but I guess someone needs to prove that they're worth a salary every month with a rigid update schedule even when there's no actual content for the Player verses Player half of the playerbase, so I can't really decide who is more at fault over this farce.

I still think we should have updated old tombola sets, instead of old shop clothes which will continue to have very little usability.
All of this completely ruins any possible temporary "Classic"' world in the 2.xxx platform unless they roll back to a more sensible version.
I'm just all around really disappointed with the direction we have been heading.

Last edited by a moderator:

ayias

Sergeant
waiting 2 weeks for a new update and u make old stuff improved damn ....

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
*sigh*

You are comparing a level ~40 item to a level ~110 item.
So what? Felt hats are low level and have much higher bonuses than high level hats. It's all about balance. Silk scarves already give 4 type of bonuses, having those bonuses to be that high makes other necklaces useless. Where is the point of upgrading old items if only 2% of them are useful?

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
You took what I said out of context. Yes, hats are op, but it was felt hats which are better than the high level ones, not that they are op in general. So the necklaces could have been better balanced, to be useful all of them, not just high level ones. As if to be very precise, the attributes of the merchant items should have been 5-10 times higher, but they remained almost the same. They broke the game with those OP hats, but they are doing a terrible job balancing other itemes. They only want 2-3 good items per category? Then why are they upgrading all of them?

darkuletzz

Private
We have old items improvement from like 1 year, nothing happen with FF , duel or adventure, we dont need that crap items no one use , because the sets give you bonus for FF/ Adventure/ Duels( some of the items are good for duels), but give you an example, we have 2 aproximately dead worlds on Net, one active world, the rest of them are dead and buried by now, who give a crap about this,,,, c'mon, people want something new, this is just old crap.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member

DeletedUser500

Yes, hats are op, but it was felt hats which are better than the high level ones, not that they are op in general.
Well I agree, and of course the feedback from the Beta community regarding this was passed on by @Al35ul CM but ultimately ignored.

They're just stuck because of this decision, can't nerf the felt hats, and can't buff everything else to that level, lest they annoy the Whales who have upgraded their premium sets.
level 5 shop clothes being meta has the potential to create an even larger gap between players that have and players that do not have, than nuggets/tombolas ever did.
I suppose in an ideal world, shop clothes could legitimately compete with tombola sets, so you can either pay to win, or play to win. That's not what we're seeing though.

to be useful all of them, not just high level ones
If it were logical, they should all useful, because you will usually only be using shop gear at the start of a world, before tombola sets come out.
The issue with this being that 2022 tombola sets are more powerful than the old shop gear to such a degree that the jump from shop to tombola was game-breaking.
So unless InnoGames want to reduce the dependency on gambling by making shop clothes viable over sets... Or stop opening new worlds... Of which they've announced no such intention, shop/trader clothes will still be for the month or so of early-game.

They broke the game with those OP hats, but they are doing a terrible job balancing other itemes. They only want 2-3 good items per category? Then why are they upgrading all of them?
I still don't really know why they're updating old shop clothes, but at this point they are in a Sunk Cost Fallacy, after spending so long on the project.