• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changelog 2.154 Discussion

Lordofgods

Private
I will make a use of this thread (because it surely won't be too much talked about otherwise).

As it is know, the-west is now a clothe collection game, and is probably the most "changes" possible for a time.

I come here to suggest some ways new sets could be developed aiming to please everyone. So whats the problem? Balance VS Usefulness VS Collection
In this contest:
Balance can be defined by how powerfull a new set is and how it can trample over existing ones.
Usefulness can be defined by how often a new set can be used in the day-to-day operations of the game
Collection...well is collecting. (you can see its not my thing xD)
To exemplify the correlations: If a set is too powerful (balance) then the existing ones won't be so used as much (usefulness), the playerbase may be excited in the short term...but as we have learned it doesn't work for the game. If otherwise a set is NOT as powerful as the existing ones, and doesn't offer any other utility...well it won't see any play and the players will be quite angry. Any set really can be for collection, some explore this in better ways which I am gonna share below.

With this in mind, I give some suggestions of new types of sets (I will give some reasoning if needed) and some ideas for existing ones.
SEASONABLE Sets - Basically some sets give more bonus in a time of the year (example: in the spring you can drop more products with "this" set)
COLLECTIVE Sets - Somewhat resembles the "sector bonus" of FF, but in jobs and etc (example: you gain more and more money in a job depending on how many player are using "this" set in this location)
"MishMash" Sets - usable with other existing clothes (example: 3 piece set bonus for hat+necklace+jacket)
Timed Sets - that have a timer to attached to it, if you exceed the timer then you have to "blank", for example you need to buy another piece of clothing and sort of "upgrading it" giving it more time of use (so you can "save" some lvl3 pants), or maybe making a product giving extra time.. (Should also be a way to prevent "forgetfulness" and so the timer would stop after 24h of no activity)

Now some other types:
-New sets should fill the existing holes, such as a Defense sector bonus, a Reduction set for duels...ect.
-Collector sets need to have some "work" envolved (and I very much liked the "lucky" set from S.Patrick holiday), Its still ok if you have a sale directed for collection (so not so useful nor powerful), but it should be a "Bonus Sale!" (or even "Lightning Bolt Sale!" for a day duration?) It should not replace "normal" sales.
-Buffing older sets and making a sale/mini event afterwards. As we hopefully are witnessing with the 2013 sets, if it goes well make it more often!
-Making more "free" sets demanding a lot of time from some quests, this set should be a tiny bit worse then some sets from Sales! But maybe going hand to hand with the Tombola ones.

Not all of this ideas I endorse with the same will, its important to spark the conversation tho.

How much time should a set be useful (relevant)? Maybe 2 to 3 years. Or better speaking in "cycles" of new sets..10 cycles?
How many types of sets should a player have in order to be "up-to-date"? Maybe 5 or more.
How much time/money should a set be acquired? Maybe depending on how powerful it is, and how useful/long term the set will have in your bag.
How can "this" be useful and fun, and not trample over older things?

I noticed that mister.Al35ul frankly asked for some suggestions to pass over to "devs" (about sets), So here we are talking about our ideas to better this system (not the whole game xD), fill free to add and argue about some I gave!

ps: This ideas are not enough to make the-west a better game, just helps in the way we can.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
I will make a use of this thread (because it surely won't be too much talked about otherwise).

As it is know, the-west is now a clothe collection game, and is probably the most "changes" possible for a time.

I come here to suggest some ways new sets could be developed aiming to please everyone. So whats the problem? Balance VS Usefulness VS Collection
In this contest:
Balance can be defined by how powerfull a new set is and how it can trample over existing ones.
Usefulness can be defined by how often a new set can be used in the day-to-day operations of the game
Collection...well is collecting. (you can see its not my thing xD)
To exemplify the correlations: If a set is too powerful (balance) then the existing ones won't be so used as much (usefulness), the playerbase may be excited in the short term...but as we have learned it doesn't work for the game. If otherwise a set is NOT as powerful as the existing ones, and doesn't offer any other utility...well it won't see any play and the players will be quite angry. Any set really can be for collection, some explore this in better ways which I am gonna share below.

With this in mind, I give some suggestions of new types of sets (I will give some reasoning if needed) and some ideas for existing ones.
SEASONABLE Sets - Basically some sets give more bonus in a time of the year (example: in the spring you can drop more products with "this" set)
COLLECTIVE Sets - Somewhat resembles the "sector bonus" of FF, but in jobs and etc (example: you gain more and more money in a job depending on how many player are using "this" set in this location)
"MishMash" Sets - usable with other existing clothes (example: 3 piece set bonus for hat+necklace+jacket)
Timed Sets - that have a timer to attached to it, if you exceed the timer then you have to "blank", for example you need to buy another piece of clothing and sort of "upgrading it" giving it more time of use (so you can "save" some lvl3 pants), or maybe making a product giving extra time.. (Should also be a way to prevent "forgetfulness" and so the timer would stop after 24h of no activity)

Now some other types:
-New sets should fill the existing holes, such as a Defense sector bonus, a Reduction set for duels...ect.
-Collector sets need to have some "work" envolved (and I very much liked the "lucky" set from S.Patrick holiday), Its still ok if you have a sale directed for collection (so not so useful nor powerful), but it should be a "Bonus Sale!" (or even "Lightning Bolt Sale!" for a day duration?) It should not replace "normal" sales.
-Buffing older sets and making a sale/mini event afterwards. As we hopefully are witnessing with the 2013 sets, if it goes well make it more often!
-Making more "free" sets demanding a lot of time from some quests, this set should be a tiny bit worse then some sets from Sales! But maybe going hand to hand with the Tombola ones.

Not all of this ideas I endorse with the same will, its important to spark the conversation tho.

How much time should a set be useful (relevant)? Maybe 2 to 3 years. Or better speaking in "cycles" of new sets..10 cycles?
How many types of sets should a player have in order to be "up-to-date"? Maybe 5 or more.
How much time/money should a set be acquired? Maybe depending on how powerful it is, and how useful/long term the set will have in your bag.
How can "this" be useful and fun, and not trample over older things?

I noticed that mister.Al35ul frankly asked for some suggestions to pass over to "devs" (about sets), So here we are talking about our ideas to better this system (not the whole game xD), fill free to add and argue about some I gave!

ps: This ideas are not enough to make the-west a better game, just helps in the way we can.
It is an interesting idea. I will forward it :).

OneTouch

Private First Class
Unfortunately, the Outlaw set will not be improved but we will be adding new sets to the veteran shop.

Why not? There are short number of players who played thousands of adventures to get Outlaw gears. There are some with ^3 Outlaw gears including weapons even. Which is not easy to achieve and they wont have any chance of using them.

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
Will be available for the adventurer in a new set in the chests or available normally in the shop with nuggets and Union Pacific bonds