• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changelog 2.149 Discussion

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Nice , would be nice to see the whole sets to be updated and not only hats. Hopefully you will update more old sets as well so they wont be entirely useless, you are heading to a good direction well done :)
The whole set will be improved eventually. We are just starting with the hats :).

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new updates!

JustAMoment

Lance Corporal
Yeah but like this before they will get updated as full sets they will get obsolete again even as upgraded ones, and you can start over again.
... Imho sets should get updated as whole even if it would be one set per update for example along few other town items as bonus to it. This will take too long otherwise.
But yea lookin forward to it i hope even Natty Bumppo will get some love. the First real OG fort battle set :3 ♥

TadschMahal

Sergeant
The whole set will be improved eventually. We are just starting with the hats :).

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new updates!
if u want to improve the whole set... u better should think about the stats u are givin them single items ... for example docs hat .. them new stats are way too powerful compared to NEW 2021 duel hats.... the hat gives 269 SPs... the newest duel hat (behans) gives 120 SPs..... u want to keep the game balanced with making new bad and useless sets but on the other hand making old sets more than op ? hats are always the weakest items of one set... and now the hat gives 269!!?? SPs... if u keep improving the whole set like u did with the hat ... duels would be even more unbalanced as they currently are ... if the pants getting improved ... will they give 500 SPs? the whole thing with improving all items just destroys the game even moren cause u didnt even think a single minuet bout what u doin... this shows again that a person makes changes for TW who has ZERO idea bout what is good or bad for the game ...

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Yeah but like this before they will get updated as full sets they will get obsolete again even as upgraded ones, and you can start over again.
... Imho sets should get updated as whole even if it would be one set per update for example along few other town items as bonus to it. This will take too long otherwise.
But yea lookin forward to it i hope even Natty Bumppo will get some love. the First real OG fort battle set :3 ♥
if u want to improve the whole set... u better should think about the stats u are givin them single items ... for example docs hat .. them new stats are way too powerful compared to NEW 2021 duel hats.... the hat gives 269 SPs... the newest duel hat (behans) gives 120 SPs..... u want to keep the game balanced with making new bad and useless sets but on the other hand making old sets more than op ? hats are always the weakest items of one set... and now the hat gives 269!!?? SPs... if u keep improving the whole set like u did with the hat ... duels would be even more unbalanced as they currently are ... if the pants getting improved ... will they give 500 SPs? the whole thing with improving all items just destroys the game even moren cause u didnt even think a single minuet bout what u doin... this shows again that a person makes changes for TW who has ZERO idea bout what is good or bad for the game ...
Will pass it on :).

Football

Sergeant
if they give much SP thats proble, if they are bad thats problem. nothing is good for the community.
i love the idea of upgradng the old items! well done!

Last edited by a moderator:

*Colonel*

Lance Corporal
Stats of those hats are not a problem, as they are availeable for everyone. And duels will be balanced, as all town-purchased items are availeable for everyone.

It is the same as in good old 2011 era, when everyone duelled in items that they can get in towns shops. Duels were balanced. With new upgraded hats and other items, it will be same balance as 2011, but just with higher stats.

So you @TadschMahal is wrong.

Hope this message will be passed to devs as well @Al35ul CM . They did good job enhancing townshop items and making high stats with those items cannot ruin duels.

TadschMahal

Sergeant
Stats of those hats are not a problem, as they are availeable for everyone. And duels will be balanced, as all town-purchased items are availeable for everyone.

It is the same as in good old 2011 era, when everyone duelled in items that they can get in towns shops. Duels were balanced. With new upgraded hats and other items, it will be same balance as 2011, but just with higher stats.

Hope this message will be passed to devs as well @Al35ul CM . They did good job enhancing townshop items and making high stats with those items cannot ruin duels.
Docs hat isnt available for everyone ??? u cant buy it in townshop or something like that....

TadschMahal

Sergeant

u truely missed the point of what i was saying ... inn0 always talks bout not making any new OP sets .. thats the reason why u wont be able to buy union officer anymore ... cause its too OP... its always bout new sets dont have to be better and thats right .. but now theyre goin to make old sets op?? as i said.... 269 Sps for DOCS hat (u cant buy it in shop - its not available for everyone at every time) vs 120 SPs for bahns hat ( the lates duel hat 2021)... im not talking bout items in the townshops as they are all available to everyone without spending nuggets...

Last edited:

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
u truely missed the point of what i was saying ... inn0 always talks bout not making any new OP sets .. thats the reason why u wont be able to buy union officer anymore ... cause its too OP... its always bout new sets dont have to be better and thats right .. but now theyre goin to make old sets op?? as i said.... 269 Sps for DOCS hat (u cant buy it in shop - its not available for everyone at every time) vs 120 SPs for bahns hat ( the lates duel hat 2021)... im not talking bout items in the townshops as they are all available to everyone without spending nuggets...
just shut up man , not all of us have new sets , some of us are still with old sets that are almost useless , we are not all rich to spent money on new sets , we rely on old sets wich most of them are useless so having them being upgraded is very good!

*Colonel*

Lance Corporal
Docs hat isnt available for everyone ??? u cant buy it in townshop or something like that....
docs hat is worse than fancy felt hat. Not even mention that you can easily make felt hat up 4, while hardly get doc up 2.

BTW I don't like the idea of upgrading older tombola sets. It will now look as follow:
1) devs create new powerful sets
2) devs make shop items powerful as new sets
3) devs make old sets powerful as new ones

Two of three are good, but all three are bad to combine simultaneously. As a wholesaler, I know that giving people too much choice makes them harder to choose. As a result, there will be a mess of items. Such kind of mess will not make the game interesting, as PVP part remains the same in core, but just more money/time/effort-consuming than it was.

And let's be fair. All this item enhance is useful only for 2 aspects of the game: duels and labor points on job. While labor points are almost senseless as almost anyone has tombola sets to maximize LP, for duels it is a great deal. The question is - is there a point for devs to spend tens of update changelogs simply in order to create better dueling weapons? Maybe it is enough just to increase only those bunch of items with duelling stats and dedicate freed time to PVP part?

Last edited:

TadschMahal

Sergeant
just shut up man , not all of us have new sets , some of us are still with old sets that are almost useless , we are not all rich to spent money on new sets , we rely on old sets wich most of them are useless so having them being upgraded is very good!
tf - never said its bad to ugrade them - it just question of how good they will be - compared to new sets its just too much to give a set hat 269 sps if the newest only have 120 sps ... if old sets have 269 sp per hat newer sets will be even more stronger or they just will be useless... upgrqading old sets could be good but its all a question of how balanced they are... and 269 is not balanced compared to 120 and just remeber that hats are always the worst items of sets ....
its completely wrong to start with only hats (talkin only bout set hats not the hats wich could be bought in shops) cause this results in op hats... if u want to rework sets it must be done in one go... so reworking 2-3 sets per update so the defs could balance them...

TadschMahal

Sergeant
docs hat is worse than fancy felt hat. Not even mention that you can easily make felt hat up 4, while hardly get doc up 2.

BTW I don't like the idea of upgrading older tombola sets. It will now look as follow:
1) devs create new powerful sets
2) devs make shop items powerful as new sets
3) devs make old sets powerful as new ones

Two of three are good, but all three are bad to combine simultaneously. As a wholesaler, I know that giving people too much choice makes them harder to choose. As a result, there will be a mess of items. Such kind of mess will not make the game interesting, as PVP part remains the same in core, but just more money/time/effort-consuming than it was.

And let's be fair. All this item enhance is useful only for 2 aspects of the game: duels and labor points on job. While labor points are almost senseless as almost anyone has tombola sets to maximize LP, for duels it is a great deal. The question is - is there a point for devs to spend tens of update changelogs simply in order to create better dueling weapons? Maybe it is enough just to increase only those bunch of items with duelling stats and dedicate freed time to PVP part?
so why u told me that im wrong ? i think we have the same point of view what upgrading old sets means. ....
and yes the docs hat is not as good as the felt hat but u have to remeber that the hat is always the weakest item of one set ... the hat isnt really the problem ... we will have problems if they keep going like this and all of a sudden docs coat gives 450 sps or so ... if they keep going like this... in the first step new hats will also give 269 sps ... and in the secound step new hats will give 290 sps ...and then ppl koshtiky are going to cry again cause of new op sets ...
and if this doesnt happen like i said... then only old sets like docs will be good and new ones will only be trash if a new hat give 150 points less than docs ...

so if inn0 really wants to upgrade old sets they should do whole sets at once and not step by step.. its easier to balance them in whole sets than in the method they are currently doing... and they should makes them as good as new sets and not better...

but ppl here in forum dont really get it i guess.....

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
so why u told me that im wrong ? i think we have the same point of view what upgrading old sets means. ....
and yes the docs hat is not as good as the felt hat but u have to remeber that the hat is always the weakest item of one set ... the hat isnt really the problem ... we will have problems if they keep going like this and all of a sudden docs coat gives 450 sps or so ... if they keep going like this... in the first step new hats will also give 269 sps ... and in the secound step new hats will give 290 sps ...and then ppl koshtiky are going to cry again cause of new op sets ...
and if this doesnt happen like i said... then only old sets like docs will be good and new ones will only be trash if a new hat give 150 points less than docs ...

so if inn0 really wants to upgrade old sets they should do whole sets at once and not step by step.. its easier to balance them in whole sets than in the method they are currently doing... and they should makes them as good as new sets and not better...

but ppl here in forum dont really get it i guess.....
I still believe docs hat sps are fine , if you played and remember well , doc back in the days was the most OP dueling set , so the hat giving more sps than a defensive behan hat is pretty fine by me , if it was OP once and they want to upgrade it they should make it as op as it felt back in the days and to mention , behan hat is everywhere , almost every single player in every single world has at least 1 behan hat , doc is rare so having big values is fair

Cruz HUN

Reservist
There is a new patch in every ~2 week right now, they upgrade ~25 items in every patch, around 120 hats are left to upgrade if they upgrade everything that don't have /level bonuses, so only to finish the hats is 4-5 patch so the hats will take 7-8 patch and that is 2 month. If the upgrade order will be Hats => Nackbands => Shoes => Belts => Chestgears => Pants (=> 2x Duelling weapons => Left hand weapons ?) it will take them almost a year or even more to finish that project and at that point there will be something better at day of the dead event or somewhere else, and for duells u probably want to use town gear cuz it will be way more points. And we not even know that they will be upgrade the setbonuses or not, if not they will be useles almost anyway.

And if u want to stick with the doc set (i don't know what SP meant for you guys but if it is skillpoints that is usefull for duels) hat gives (without the upgrade) 31 SP ; neck 25 SP; shoes 23 SP; belt 35 SP; pants 32 SP; jacket 46 SP and back in the day you did not use the set becouse of that, u used it becouse it did have a setbonus that was like u wear +2-3 item and if they did not change that bonus the set will be useless and if they do than it will be good but as u can see not the hat always the weakest point in the set. If they finish the items upgradeing stuff and than if it will be to strong we can cry but i don't think we need to cry after saw one piece of the set.

Sry for awful the english grammar

Last edited:

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
There is a new patch in every ~2 week right now, they upgrade ~25 items in every patch, around 120 hats are left to upgrade if they upgrade everything that don't have /level bonuses, so only to finish the hats is 4-5 patch so the hats will take 7-8 patch and that is 2 month. If the upgrade order will be Hats => Nackbands => Shoes => Belts => Chestgears => Pants (=> 2x Duelling weapons => Left hand weapons ?) it will take them almost a year or even more to finish that project
I agree , it will take a long time , what about upgrading like 50 items per patch and on events take a break, im sure its not that hard and can be done until the end of the year.

mxj1

Private First Class
Who invented those new recipes for 700 pts XD??? Tonic peddler and Field Cook getting +75-75 fortbattle buffs that also regen hp/energy, what's the point of mixing dmg buff and work buffs? You won't be able to use them right before battle if you renewed hp in last 10minutes cuz of cooldown anyway