• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changelog 2.140 Discussion

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
3 sets and a Box updated this time, compared to previous I'm impressed :p
Are there any Sets left? Or chest/box to update though?

Noble chest seems ok, but Steel lined one has just too big item-pool.
Anything below Level 70 or something must be removed. (Still too much to gamble don't worry)

Btw how about randomly giving those boxes/chests via Fort Battles etc?

Recipe Book..
Well.. It shouldn't give any Recipe below Level 600 at the stage.
I mean even the ones that are added are "free" in markets nowadays..

> "it allows you to see the bonus skill points of your opponents' equipment and weapon wield"
Hate to break it to you but Scripts do that nowadays.
It's just another obsolete class ability that you should replace/improve.

I really wanna be positive but I just can't help with the feeling that whoever the Dev making these updates is sadly unaware of the Realities of the game.
They should play their game..

Last edited:
Don't know why anyone would need any of these new recipes from recipebooks? there are huge amouth of these already laying in peoples inventory. I did just look at 1 of my worlds to check how many exactly i have.

Instructions: Tinker a health puppet (4 inventory)
Instructions: Mix honey (8 inventory)
Instructions: Craft a honey press (6 inventory)
Instructions: Build a traveling carriage (10 inventory

Guess it was too good item so needed re-balance for worse :/

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
It's not like we get plenty of Recipe books (or any other box/chest etc) anyway.
So idk why make it even worse?

I hate how The-West turned into another "Loot-boxes" game tbh :hmf:

DeletedUser500

The updated sets are cool, realistically the only place we'll use them are on brand-new worlds, before tombola gear enters the game, and opening new worlds do come with negatives too. They should be great for speed-word events though.

I don't know what's different about the chests, and it doesn't really matter. Two things might happen when we open a shop-item chest; we might get a new item for the collector's set, and then we'll sell it to the trader. So better items equals more money, and if these changes are a prelude to improved PvP rewards, I'm all for it :njub:

I'm interested to learn that someone has, at least, been looking at class bonuses to spot something to make clearer. :p
Maybe "named" weapons in chests could have a higher drop-rate - for upgrading, since weapons are the biggest really viable upgrade from non-tombola items left in the game.
You could also make new weapon sets with classic items, to make them instantly competitive with tombola gear.
Bowie's knife + Bowie's fort gun for example, Allen's pepperbox + Precise Pepper Gun for another.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
I'm interested to learn that someone has, at least, been looking at class bonuses to spot something to make clearer.
Let's see if they improve vague Ghosting description :D
The updated sets are cool, realistically the only place we'll use them are on brand-new worlds, before tombola gear enters the game
So 1 or 2 weeks at best.
Nugget spenders will instead buy Shop sets that have been updated previously so there is that too.

The real issue is though, these Generic Set items mostly require certain Levels to wear, and by that point they'll be irrelevant.
While level-based Tombola sets are all Level 1.

DeletedUser500

So 1 or 2 weeks at best.
Nugget spenders will instead buy Shop sets that have been updated previously so there is that too.

The real issue is though, these Generic Set items mostly require certain Levels to wear, and by that point they'll be irrelevant.
While level-based Tombola sets are all Level 1.
Yeah... but I'm thinking positively for some speed-world fun, and accept new worlds for what they are :p

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Well it's too late to stop now with that anyway so might just remove Level requirements and not start a world one week before DotD.
Make it at least a month and let ppl somewhat taste Classic era without 10 years of Tombola Power-creep right away.

Meanwhile I'm curious of what comes after Set and Box updates :)

*Colonel*

Lance Corporal
@Ai35ul CM

Don't you think that the harvester's set (which was sold for nuggets) is completely weak compared to "free" highlander's set of 2019?

These 2 sets have very similar stats: dexterity, toughness, reflex. However, full highlander's gives sum of 9.2 duelling skills, compared to harvester's 7.6.

Any improvements expected?

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
@Ai35ul CM

Don't you think that the harvester's set (which was sold for nuggets) is completely weak compared to "free" highlander's set of 2019?

These 2 sets have very similar stats: dexterity, toughness, reflex. However, full highlander's gives sum of 9.2 duelling skills, compared to harvester's 7.6.

Any improvements expected?
Thank you for the idea. Sets are not expected to be overall better than others. Unfortunately, we do not have any current plans to improve the Harvester's set.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
They never ever buff underpowered Sets nor nerf overpowered ones after they have reached to non-Beta servers.

They are that horrible about balancing things.
Don't play the game but "know better" than players all the time.

That being said it's not a bad thing for a Nugget set to be Not OP for a change.

voLeMaNe

Reservist
Why would you make the recipe book even worse? There are nearly none of the rare recipes available and we don't get many of these books as someone already mentioned. If anything is done, some recipes should be taken out! What is the reason for this?