1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Building Degradation

Discussion in 'Polling' started by Diggo11, Jun 17, 2013.

Share This Page

?

PLEASE read the first post.

Poll closed Jul 1, 2013.
  1. Yea, for towns and forts.

26.9%
  2. Yea, for towns and forts, but product-free.

42.3%
  3. Yea for forts, nay for towns.

1.3%
  4. Yea for forts, but product-free, nay for towns.

12.8%
  5. Yea for towns, nay for forts.

5.1%
  6. Nay!

11.5%
  1. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    When the early roadmaps were announced, the possibility for town buildings to deteriorate or fort buildings receive lasting damage was widely shunned, due to the lack of builders available to repair the damage. Thanks to infinite level churches, this is no longer the case.

Therefore, the question is: building degradation in 2.0 – yea or nay?

Votes are PUBLIC, you can only select ONE option.

2. Bluep

Bluep Guest

Yes for both - even with products for forts, BUT: There should be be a warning a resonable time before, something like "it's going to break down soon" - during this time, it needs only a part (<< 50%) of the products (and construction points) normally needed for the current stage to repair the building and stop decay; only after this time passed without any action, the building loses a stage and the full stuff has to be reinvested.

3. Butcher Pete

Butcher Pete Guest

What exactly would happen with degradation?? would a town just loose points or will they loose the lvl15 shop items if the shop degrades to 14. Likewise in forts will it be just a point loss or will it be a bonus loss aswell?

4. Bluep

Bluep Guest

As far as I've understood it - a real loss of that complete building stage, not only points. Set back to a state as if it has never been built. Barracks losing stars and therefore regeneration capabilities, towers losing bonus & getting smaller; shops losing a part of their items, bank & market deduct higher fees...

5. Butcher Pete

Butcher Pete Guest

I'd hope that's not the case, i don't mind a bit of maintenance/degradation of a lvl or so now and then as that seems almost realistic(even the bonus loss) but a complete loss of a building to lvl1 again is a bit too far unless a tornado came through town.
    Never the less i do like the idea allot ,even having it cost products but they should be nowhere near the current costs, after all the building is already built and were essentially only repairing it so the odd bit of wood and a hammer here and there would be all right with me

6. Bluep

Bluep Guest

... not to level 1 immediately! Only one building stage at a time, of course.
    A tower lvl 4 becomes a lvl 3 one; shop lvl 10 -> 9 and so on.

I could imagine a decay of 1 level/stage per month [after the last construction/repair], or even only one building picked at random; one week before that happens, a warning will appear that building X is going to fall apart - then the workers have one week for repairing it at a moderate effort (eg 1/3 of construction points, 1/10 of products for forts - based on the amount needed normally to construct the level that is going to fall apart). If they don't succeed in doing that during this time, the level gets lost and has to be reconstructed for the full amount of CP/ressources.

7. Thadious Pud

Thadious Pud Guest

My question is this....if I'm at lvl 15 of a weapon smith and let it drop a few levels then when I rebuild it back up will I get the same items back or will they be just as random as they were when I built them the first time?

Say my weapon smith has all rusty weapons due to being lower level when building and not having good gear.... would I be able to rebuild with better gear allowing the options for better weapons?

8. JESSAM-X

JESSAM-X Guest

I would like inclusive, that the fort damage will be possible when you haven´t an enemies at shoot, I mean, if you dont shoot 1 enemy, could be damage some part of the fort, thus expand the reasons to attack a fort, in this case the damage at the fort.

Coul be have HP the parts of fort (towers, wall) and his repair will free of materials (just money)

9. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    This poll idea came from looking back at the old roadmaps, not any concrete plans, so noone can answer that. Knowing you could well also get worse shop items from this – would you like it to work this way?

10. JESSAM-X

JESSAM-X Guest

The pets, please, the pets... in the half brother of the the west (westwars) have pets time ago.

Continuing whit our theme, in a battle could be accounted, damage at enemies and damage at forts... is annoying pass without firing rounds:boone:

11. It depends on what InnoGames's motives are here.

Is it to force players in tiny towns to group into larger towns who can rebuild? It might work! Yes, the game is better for players in larger towns, but some players like to go it alone or group into tiny towns with few players. However, it might just cause them to quit & the loss of players might just be too much. One possible solution to this is degradation is based on town size.

Same thing with fort degradation. Elite fort owners can rebuild much easier than smaller fort owners.

My worry here it that elite towns will suffer much less than less elite towns & the game already has enough of this.

12. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    I like the idea of town degradation. As it is now - we have towns with 1-3 players on the top of the ranking list - because they are doing nothing but to build the church - and even if they stop and become inactive - they stay on the top.

Degradation gives room for more activity - and it gives jobs for builders - even when towns and forts are finished. It makes the ranking system more in touch with current activity - not just past activity.

If nothing at all happens in a town for a long time - it would be OK - that it disappears completely from the map.

I don't think it as a problem for small towns - it should not be so hard to rebuild that it is not possible to do it without being a super builder- if you choose to do it in time - before degradation takes place.

13. Gosialein

Gosialein Lance Corporal

yes but

I could accept the deterioration if :
    1. it were not too dramatic and slow enough
    2. after rebuilding the shops they could offer different items

14. cor696

cor696 Reservist

Main Server:
    NL
    Is it a better idea that with the town degradation only the church will go back to lvl 1?

15. Bluep

Bluep Guest

No, I'd prefer that every building falls apart over time (church too. Or maybe even especially church <> higher rate of decay with raising level. A cathedral needs more maintenance than a chapel).

I'd even go one step further, if no building is left all inhabitants get kicked out and the town vanishes from the map (<> leaves a building site to found a new town).
    Same should apply to ghost towns - they should completely disappear after all their buildings decayed with time (so no "hey, I discovered that 200 years old ghost town, I'll refound it and everything is in top condition!" anymore)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013
  16. s3b-1q

s3b-1q Guest

Totally agree, good idea! :)

17. I agree that being able to take a completely built ghost town is a huge problem with the game & is one of the big causes of single player or tiny towns. However, I am not convinced that the building degradation talked about here in this thread is the best way to deal it. Perhaps InnoGames should deal with that problem as a separate issue, like one week after a town is abandoned, it disappears from the map or begins to degrade on a separate & much faster timetable.

18. father jack

father jack Private First Class

The tombo's made sure the stores fell apart. So why are the worth rebuilding? Nothing worth buying in them ;)