1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Black list

Discussion in 'Version 2.0' started by wesley de beer, Dec 27, 2012.

Share This Page

1. i was thinking
    there should be a black list

you know people who get screwed by others don't make the game more fun.
    so i would recommend a blacklist

it should be a list seen at the market
    only market stuff can be posted here
    and when someone gets 5 complains by different accounts his name should be on the list

2. kauri

kauri Guest

That would be an easy way to haress players. A player can be well-known and trustworthy but if you don't like him or simply envy him you could easily "blacklist" him with 5 different accounts and there goes his reputation. That's not how it works.

Players not to be trusted are known as well as the trustworthy ones. And just by the traditional "spread the word" system.

3. SY2

SY2 Private First Class

There should be a beta only rule where player is rob in fake trade the beta staff has the power to return(undo) traded(stolen) item.

4. make then a trustworthy list

but like this nobody feels like trading anymore and what are you achieving then?

5. the simmies

the simmies Guest

Trading is not something that was intended to be in the game. Selling, however, was. There is quite a difference between those. Selling means you sell an item and get money back for it. Trading means you give an item and get an item back (and maybe vice versa). There are way more problems with trading than with selling. Since trading was never intended, I don't see why Innogames should make rules for it. It's something that originates from the mind of the players. If you want to do it, go ahead. But Innogames has not implemented it and thus doesn't need to make rules or features for it.

6. when you start talking not serious then you really do want to destroy the game

A game that doesn't evolve with the players is a game that is going downhill.

A game should forfill the needs of the players and not only the creatives.

Happy players, means happy games, means more people and therefor more money income.

the reason you stand so strong against this means you have no intentions of making the game fair.
    and is in my eyes reason to believe that you want to squeeze every nugget out of the people before you let the game dissapear.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2012
  7. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    I don´t trade things with people i don´t know... even if there item is 100k more expensive than the one i will give.
    So keep that in mind before advancing for a trade.
    There are a few stupid players on Beta(and on other worlds) that use that to grab items for free. The only way to take them out: your alliance keep tabs on him and always kick them into sleep.
    You will lose your items... but the stupid will delete his account and go away.

Don´t make trades... sell the items for a single price (for example 200k). If the other says that he doesn´t have that value, ask him to sell his item first for the 200k and then you sell yours for the 200k. You can lose the 200k for the item... but you will not lose your item.

8. but it's not just that they do it
    when you get screwed it's your own fault

but the problem is that you all seem so ignorant to just don't care

when there is a problem you fix it, when it's not like this please do tell me now
    before i spend any more money on waisted nuggets because this game won't survive long when you don't realize that what you do is wrong, and what you do is keeping things too easy for dishonest people

I do am noticing this really don't care for you
    and that for i promise i'll never buy nuggets and i will never speak on this forum again.

It's 1 thing to complain to hope to do a difference
    but it's another when the people who can do something don't care

9. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    I understand that you are mad Wesley - I never lost anything serious - and half the times I did lose something - people were nice when I wrote to them - most of them was buying by mistake.

I can see that there are players that you can not trust - that is a shame - but I don't think it is that many - your list is a great idea - if it is possible to narrow it down - only to the few dishonest people . But that is very hard - as it can be used to harass people for other reasons.

I think we could give it a try and see how it goes.:up:

I am not going to trade with the people on your list - that is for sure - so you could also just put them on your profile.

10. in the last 5 days i have had 2 different people who tried to rip me off
    and the strange part is that i see them talking to others and hear from other players they try.
    1 of these 2 players even has my name in his profile and after they try to screw some others off they send me a TG with the question if i trust them.

only 1 player ripped me a while ago
    but i see and hear that others get screwed by the same person too.

and there is no way to warn them, because when that player goes into a town i send the leader a TG
    but sometimes it already happened.

i have a list in my profile
    2 people are on it
    and some friends of me ingame have the same list in their profile

11. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    Wesley i understand you.
    But there´s cannot be a list of all players for those reasons.

I got on a "nasty" situation because i caught one special weapon on the market for a very low price. The guy just placed me on his profile saying that i promised him something i don´t even have... and that i got his weapon and never gave him what he asked for. That was a total lie since i NEVER had a talk or telegram with him.

Since there will not be a trade by trade ingame, you should start using prices that are high to remove any stupid that steals things. (he can get them.... but he will have to pay you a price that is higher than many of the market)

12. kauri

kauri Guest

Well said. That's just how it is.

I feel bad for the ones being tricked (I myself am a very helpful person and like to trade a lot or simply lend) but you need to keep in mind you are doing it at your own risk. If you take some cautions, like for example the things killado mentioned, it's highly unlikely you will be scammed.

And if you are, warn other people like you already do now. No need for a blacklist as it could be abused in ways mentioned earlier in this thread.

13. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    I can see that you are right wesley - One of the people on your list -was very active in the common chat - trying to get people to trade with him - thanks for the warning

14. apparently this is the only thing i can do
    so your welcome