• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

another story of henry

TheMegaira

Private First Class
so , you have to excuse the english version, the original is in german :)
Good evening, dear listeners
As I sat in the saloon the other day, musing to myself, my eyes fell on Henry standing behind the counter polishing glasses. It struck me that I didn't really know much about him. He never talked about his past, but his scars were evidence of an exciting life before he became a bartender in our little town.
The sky had been gray all day and there was bound to be another storm. It would have been more sensible to head for home right away, but I still wanted a drink...
The rattling of the windmill increased rapidly and the wind swept through the streets. Most of the guests had already left and Henry said to me: well, do you want to come home dry or would you rather have another drink? I decided to leave the saloon, waved to Henry once again and trudged off.
Phew, the sky was no longer gray but dark black and the wind was so strong that I could hardly fight it. Oh dear, in the distance a whirlwind was to be seen, with direction on the city. I ran as fast as I could, then I noticed a man seeking shelter in a corner. I called out: Hey stranger you need a shelter, come with me. The stranger accepted the offer with thanks.
Arrived, I poured us a drink. Where are you from and what brings you here?
the stranger: I travel around, always looking for a cozy town and a job.
me: if you're looking for work, go to Henry's Saloon tomorrow, maybe a farmer needs help.
the stranger: HENRY? Henry the swashbuckler? Potzblitzm, so this is where he's holed up.
me: You know Henry? I quickly filled our glasses again.
I was very excited, I had found someone who knew Henry from before. Cautiously I began to question the stranger and out came the following story:

You will not believe it, but Henry was, before he took over the saloon in our small town, as a gold panner on the road and moved from one camp to the next.
from one camp to the next.
It was not a safe life, on the one hand the hungry coyotes and on the other hand the bandit raids.
His many scars bear witness to both ...
He was always a secretive guy and trusted no one.
At night he would sneak out of the camp and hide his finds, and whenever the yield diminished, it was time for him to move on.
So, as usual, he packed his things at night, treated himself to a big piece of chewing tobacco and sneaked out of the camp to get his gold out of hiding.
It was a restless night, the wind swept through the trees and through the rustling of the leaves Henry did not notice the Indian sitting under a rock watching him or the men following him.
Waupee crept a little closer to Henry and let out a coyote cry.
Henry flinched and reached for his gun .
Waupee chuckled softly and was about to let out another scream when 3 masked men rushed at Henry.
One knocked the gun out of his hand and the other two held him down.
Henry tried desperately to free himself but a fist landed in his stomach.
Give me your gold or you won't live to see the morning ...
Henry: I don't have any gold, a second punch hit him ... and another
Henry went down
The 3 hit him.he bit down on his tobacco and pressed his lips together: aahhh
Waupee knew he had to help Henry ... so he let a whole pack of coyotes howl hoping the 3 would let go of Henry.
2 of the 3 also got scared and ran away.
Only the leader continued to beat Henry ....
The pain was no longer bearable.
Henry lost his senses, the bandit's voice became quieter and quieter .......
Then suddenly he saw a light and shadowy figures beckoning him.
Henry stared at the light in disbelief :FATHER ??? MOTHER ???
The bandit had drawn his knife and was about to put it to Henry's throat when an arrow whizzed through the air.
Waupee pleaded with the spirits of his ancestors: Let him hit...
THE BANDIT FELL TO THE GROUND
Waupee rushed to Henry.
There was no breath to be felt.
Waupee rummaged out of his pocket various herbs and lit them around Henry.
Oh, he wished he had paid more attention when his grandfather was teaching him.
Clouds were gathering, was that the rain dance ?????
He tried to concentrate and chanted: a-i-i-i, hunhunhe, kakisniyapi.
He danced around Henry,
He was in a trance (probably because of the smoke of the herbs), he stumbled and fell straight on poor Henry.
Henry was still staring at the light and his waving parents.
He said : I can't go with you yet ....
His mother looked at him sadly, his father came closer, patted him on the back and said: yes my son, it is too early for you.
Henry began to cough and the chewing tobacco, which he had choked on and which had taken his breath away, dissolved.
Waupee struggled to his feet.
Henry slowly came to, his whole body ached and he stammered: thank you, you saved my life, I am forever in your debt.
Waupee took Henry to his village where his wounds were treated and he could recover.
What happened made Henry think and he gave up gold prospecting. With his gold he bought the run-down saloon and led a quiet life from then on.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Very interesting :). Just as a heads up, I have moved your thread to the Saloon, rather than the contest thread :).