1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Altered Job Formula Feedback

Discussion in 'Versions 2.08 & 2.09' started by Diggo11, Jan 17, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
  2. .Surge.

.Surge. Guest

yay, finding 5 items in that new questline won't be that energy consuming anymore :)
    one question: did you change the luck chance too? If so could you tell me how? (I alwas wondered: it was displayed in the old window design, why did you decide to remove it?)

3. HALCON DE ORO

HALCON DE ORO Private First Class

Main Server:
    ES
    Only this:
    Diggo11:
    We also came to a decision about the changes to the job system. Please be aware that 15 second jobs will now require only 1 energyand motivation pointswhereas10minutejobs will now require 5 energy and motivation points. (1 hour jobs continue to require 12 energy and motivation points.) Compared to how you see it on the public beta already, 15 second jobs will receivea noticeableboostto experienceand wages, 10 minute jobs will see a slight boost and conversely 1 hour jobs a slight decline. These balancing adjustments mean, if you can invest the time and effort, switching to a lower job duration will provide a fair and consistent dividend.

4. zweig

zweig Guest

wasn't the poll "point and click" all about decreasing the yield of 15 sec jobs? and now you do the exact opposite and boost them and decrease the 1h job time?
    or did i miss something...? how does the new formula compare to the "old" formula that is used in the live worlds at the moment? or does the boost just refer to the 17% used on the beta?

5. .Surge.

.Surge. Guest

I don't get it... now they are better than ever and cost half the energy

6. xDiego

xDiego Staff Sergeant Elite Tester

Main Server:
    NL
    I think it refers to the 17% ;)

7. Leones

Leones The West Team

The boost is indeed compared to the beta values you experienced for the last few weeks. It kinda says that in the announcement too.

8. .Surge.

.Surge. Guest

I just compared a few jobs at random (with same LP - or at least I tried) on beta/normal world and it doesn't make much sense. Some jobs have far higher XP values on 1hour although they should get
    others look fine but $ doesn't match up... Could someone explain me the system in it? :)
    Here on screenshot - http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2971/ua5v.png (fist is beta then normal world)
    Or did you change some xp/$ job values completely? (separate to the percentage change)
    Or is (was) it all part of this bug?

9. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    Now when you are looking at energy consumption , could you please look at construction too. I don't understand why it has to cost twice as much as doing a one hour job. To make it even more strange - construction at the fair only cost 12 energy points.

10. torpedo3k

torpedo3k Private

Olga is right. It doesn't make any sense at all. Not motivating to construct the city.

11. HALCON DE ORO

HALCON DE ORO Private First Class

Main Server:
    ES
    +10
    Olga is right, 12 energy cost it's better.

12. Behram Pker

Behram Pker Guest

+1
    Don't see why it shouldn't be 12 energy.

13. fafer

fafer Guest

now that xp rewards from church building are nerfed, energy should be 12 per hour, i agree.

14. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    Agree- but for all other construction it is 24 energy- so it should be the same.
    I prefer 12 - but if construction on forts and town is 24 so should the Travelling fair.

15. alexys

alexys Private

Same !!

----

And luck is nerfed too on 1 hour job?

16. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    I have the same feeling after 6 hours of Leading trade office and only outcome 6 product bags :eek:

17. lulumcnoob

lulumcnoob Sergeant Former Team Member

Main Server:
    EN
    I spend 4 days on Leading a Trade office, never got anything good and got bored. I think it's fairly normal, or at least, it's not just you.

18. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    I tried right after the update - and then I did find something. -Now just product bags.

19. .Surge.

.Surge. Guest

good ol' days when we could actually see the luck chance :)

20. lulumcnoob

lulumcnoob Sergeant Former Team Member

Main Server:
    EN
    We could? :D