• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Hello, Guest.
    This is the questions section. Here you can ask any question related to the game.
    Please make sure you read this thread before you post here!

Answered 4th july

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3581

there is any information about what 4th july will bring us?

DeletedUser3314

I think the same like last year :D

http://forum.beta.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=2153

t8ep63co.jpg

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
That's quite presumptuous :P As always, if there is anything to announce, it will be found in the announcements forum.

DeletedUser2271

Always wanting spoilers... we are still 11 days away from the date. So still plenty of time to wait. Don´t try to rush things.

DeletedUser

That's quite presumptuous :P As always, if there is anything to announce, it will be found in the announcements forum.

Is it? Might be because the lot in Hamburg gotten quite predictable.

DeletedUser

I have completed the first steps of the old independence day quest, but do not see the next step available at the Ghost town yet?? Is that because of the date requirements for that step? I think the other steps had date requirements too.

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
Did you complete that quest less than six months ago, if you left it open last year?

DeletedUser3889

will potion of new beginning be gone off the 800 nug list by time its on normal servers? didnt i read that it isnt suppose be in the very rare chance.

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
It costs about 1000 nuggets normally if I recall correctly, so it's not exactly out of place in the 800 pool. Just on the beta there is an exception, hence the clarification in the announcement thread.

As for the chests, if you have a good suggestion of what they can be replaced with, I will be sure to pass it on :)

DeletedUser

As for the chests, if you have a good suggestion of what they can be replaced with, I will be sure to pass it on :)

I'm thinking but maybe we could start with, why are they in the droppool in the first place?

I mean look at it from this point: There is a tombola coming with 3 new sets.
In order to get these 3 sets (or 1 or 2) I can either play for free and hope that I am really, really lucky to get everything or I can use nuggets to get a much better chance of getting the items I want.

So nuggets means real world money and if I invest into a game with real world money I want something out of it. For 150 nuggets which roughly translate into 3€ (or 4,35 AUD ;) ) or even 800 nuggets (16€ = 23,23 AUD) I would like to get one of the items from the sets in that category.

I certainly don't want a chest for those 3€ containing items I can buy regulary from the town shop. Same goes for the premium chests, I don't want to have paid 16€ for an item which I possibly can find at work or otherwise is more or less useless compared with the actual tombola sets.

So I paid once for the tombola and I got a few chests and that feels like a bummer. Until the chests are removed I won't pay real world money for it again, just doesn't seem worth it.

Another thing is, you display what each tombola category contains, but nothing about the chests, at least, if there are chests to be won, say all what they could contain.

And finally, if you would only remove them to be replaced by something else then I would suggest more XP potions (there was/is a 25% one listed on the ID database), the longer premium features (like 2 weeks VIP package?) and the smaller reskill potions (on normal worlds).

Ideal tombola should look something like this:

• Common Category contains the buffs like now and additionaly the hats and scarfs.
  • Uncommon Category costs 25 nuggets/bonds and contains shoes, belts and higher XP potions, bond letters.
  • Rare Category costs 100 nuggets/bonds and contains pants and jackets.
  • Very rare Category costs 250 nuggets/bonds and contains the horses/saddles or rifles/weapons, the set chests and then maybe the shiny premium chest and reskill potion.

DeletedUser3889

I would have to agree that the potions and chest is what keeps me from spending 800 nuggets.If i won a chest with the notes keys or item level 100 gear who cares,not worth the 30 usa bucks to me and I would be very disappointed.and if it was the potions I would be very angry as I can save bonds and get those anytime.I dont think items we can get anytime with bonds should be in that rare spot,it should be rare as it states for 800 nugs.I pay real money for something,I would like something rare in return

DeletedUser

Another question, I compared the latest two fortbattle sets (only clothing) with the fortbattle set from easter, Bass Reeve (only clothing) and "discovered" the following:

Bob Dalton: gives you 769 points on relevant fortbattle skills (e.g. stamina, hiding, leadership etc.)

Black Bart: gives you 863 points

Bass Reeve: gives you 546 points

Seems a bit unbalanced again, is that supposed to be so? Bass Reeve has trade and trap setting in it, is that because it was planned to change the fortbattle formula to something where you would need those two skills? And if so why is it not included in the latest two sets?
If the formula gets changed, will the two new sets be adapted? If the formula doesn't change, will Bass Reeve be adapted?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Bass Reeve has trade and trap setting in it, is that because it was planned to change the fortbattle formula to something where you would need those two skills? And if so why is it not included in the latest two sets?
If the formula gets changed, will the two new sets be adapted? If the formula doesn't change, will Bass Reeve be adapted?

good question, I also want to know that.

DeletedUser3689

i am also not a fan of the chests in the tombola either. despite the listed shop nugget value vs tombola nugget cost, items like premium chest and steel chest have become watered down in the last year and a half with new items added to them making almost all opened annoying or agitating and a waste. The reason being, its the same with the other chests in the shop, the tombola items are far superior than about anything you could get or a set bonus negates using the higher stat items found in chests. So 97% are just for collectors. Tombola generate the revenue, but at the same time they shoot Shop sales in both legs. Part of me wants to say take the chests and just move them down one level category making their value closer to realistic for the game, but that creates a flood of the items, killing the collecting aspect. Its not meant to be easy and if you drive their market value down to nothing then then the situation is even worse. The only suggestions i have at the moment might be to add a nugget bag to the levels. Maybe 150 play can earn 200 and the 800 can earn 1k nugs or maybe mystery items. Just a question mark in the 800 nug value, and you can earn the unobtainable. Make it the hardest thing to win, but maybe a pink tutu or brass knuckles or the tw times items. The only thing that would hurt is the pick 10 friendship reward, but its not like the player couldn't still pick 10 items, just might already have a few of the desired ones. Even toss in the first year tombola item bags from the xmas tombola in like the 25 and 150 category. Truth is the new gear released this year has about killed off all of the desire for those items but a few. Players would probably feel better winning past items than a steel chest, plus chances at Tongs and DOI would excite people.

Status
Not open for further replies.