1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

2015 Roadmap Q1 Feedback

Discussion in 'Versions 2.17 - 2.19' started by Diggo11, Feb 9, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
  2. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    Well upgrading of items does sound nice, but when that is said there is really nothing in here to make me come back to the game. My character is on stand by cause of what you call improvements to the duel system.

There is still nothing left in the game for adventures, and makeing order in the wardrope is not enough for me to come back.

All there is left in the game is an occoasional good fort fight and a game for players who like to duel. And ok- let us not forget, a chat with old friends.

If you make a survey and ask why players above level 120 - 130 are still in the game, I am pretty sure a great portion is there because they like to stay in touch with old friends, but in the long run that is just not enough.

3. Meliodas

Meliodas Guest

Sounds promising

Howdy beta community,

This sounds promising and I can't wait to test all of it.
    I am a bit sceptic when it comes to upgrading equipment, but I shoudln't judge before it has truly been tested.

Good luck implementing this :D

I do however have a question, In the Roadmap 2014 P2P trading was on the programme, any news on this?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
  4. Sexy-Ro

Sexy-Ro Guest

We want back chests in fort battles. :rolleyes:

5. Meliodas

Meliodas Guest

This YES!

6. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    I just want "The west back" :( - Not just a shooting game, electronic paper dolls and a chat:confused:
    A game with room for many ways to play, with quests and having fun finding products and items. Now finding products is reduced to assembly line work, it is dull and boring, and anyone can do it, it takes neither skills nor brain.

The quest are solved by most of us long ago, and the new ones are boring, standard being take the most dull boring job and make us do it for as many hours as they can think of. No rittles to solve, no brain activity needed.

Only new they can think of is making os all target for players who like to shoot. We can shoot back or lose on purpose.:hmpf:

7. PaPa PoPCoRN

PaPa PoPCoRN Lance Corporal

Like the item upgrading though the uncertainty of success is a downer (not sure what the rationale behind an item upgrade failure may be and what purpose it has on the game other than to frustrate and alienate players by taking further control away from them and letting a computer algorithm dictate the gameplay???), I would prefer to see it formulated to something similar as outlined in the example below:

Example:

Stage 1: $100 - 1 Skill Point Upgrade
    Stage 2: $1000 - 2 Skill Point Upgrade
    Stage 3: $10,000 - 4 Skill Point Ugrade
    Stage 4: $100,000 - 8 Skill Point Upgrade
    Stage 5: $1,000,000 - 16 Skill Point Upgrade

8. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    You'll have to wait and see when the remaining quarters arrive :whistle:

That sounds quite reasonable to me.

9. PaPa PoPCoRN

PaPa PoPCoRN Lance Corporal

I probably jumped the gun a little too early, on 2nd thoughts, if a item upgrade failure was somehow dependant on labour points or perhaps even crafting points and works similarly to damage incurred on jobs (more so if negative LP or Crafting Points?) then perhaps it's not such a bad idea.

Upgraded Example:

Stage 1: 100 Crafting Points Required + $100 = 1 Skill Point Upgrade
    Stage 2: 200 Crafting Points Required + $1000 = 2 Skill Point Upgrade
    Stage 3: 300 Crafting Points Required + $10000 = 4 Skill Point Upgrade
    Etc Etc.

Upgrade failures may result when attempting a stage 3 upgrade with only 100 crafting points or something along them lines ...

10. Butcher Pete

Butcher Pete Guest

An update to dueling is most definitely needed, may even bring my 3 toons out of retirement. Will we also see the % luck chance lowered and a return to a more skill based system??

11. William Todd

William Todd Reservist

The only opinion I have on adventures is make it a players choice of being played automatic. I played Tombstone on Dakota and I was cussed quite vehemently. I admit I had no idea what I was doing but I'm the type that never duels and just does jobs and quests.

12. zweig

zweig Guest

you don't need any duel experience when playing adventures, it's completely different. it has nothing in common with duels.
    remember that some weeks ago nobody had adventure experience and many people didn't understand the mechanics on the first try. just ignore the flamers and don't be afraid to ask what you have to do, if you get nice people in your team they will guide you.

what would be the point of adventures when they play automatically? i don't see any sense in that at all.