1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

2.0 - Town forum discussions/ideas

Discussion in 'Version 2.0' started by kankalin, Sep 18, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Katzazi

Katzazi Guest

I have another problem with many sub-fora. It's the scrollbar.

In many cases the first sub-forum will be something like "welcome", "members" or "saloon". Somthing that is quite nice for chat and whatever but does not contain the most current and important stuff.

The most important sub-fora are shared between towns, because they are there to organize the alliance with duells or fort battles or other important stuff like building forts or events. Shared sub-fora are placed behind the sub-fora owned by the town itself by the game. While we can change the order of the town sub-fora we cannot change their order with shared sub-fora.

So the important sub-fora will be behind the owned town fora whatever we do with the current design. So the most important and probably most active sub-fora are probably NOT visible when you open the town forum.

In the live version of the forum this is NO problem, because ALL sub-fora-tabs are visible right at the beginning. One can easily jump to the most interesting tab and be happy.

On beta this is not possible. We always have to scroll to even get a glimpse if there is something new in the part of the forum we are interested in and will not see everything afterwards even if that may be even more important.

I don't know why you think that the new design should get rid of the complete "overview" of the forum. I don't know why you seem to like this horrible scrolling solution. It's the same problem as with the chat-tabs. But it will really hinder our communication.

And yes, I'm a dedicated player but even now while the town is blinking all the time I seldom get to the most important parts of the town forum in a realistic time on beta. I read (or at least "un-highlight") every thing in every forum on all life worlds I'm playing at least on a daily basis. But I give up to do this on beta on a regular basis becaus it's just annoying to use this scrollbar. Especially since the scroll-buttons are so small to begin with.

It would be a good idea to reconsider the scrolling solution. At least explain why it is better or gives us more usability or saves time and give us mor fun or how it can produce more money for you. It may look a little bit nicer. But since it hurts the usability of a game-part that is there to be used and not to be appreciated maybe the design should step back after the functionallity.

If the forum works too bad, people will start to use external forums again and that will drag them away from the game over long, since they can communicate without the game via the forum.

2. Joony

Joony Former LCM Former Team Member

Main Server:
    DE
    With the next update around 20 improvements and bugfixes for the town forum will come into the game.

This also brings back the old subforum buttons. The usability of those, especially in big town forums, is much better than the tabs we use at the moment. They are pretty ugly though and don't fit in the 2.0 design so that we have to think of how to make them looking better still.

But check it out yourselves first. We will inform you as soon as the update arrives.

3. Joony

Main Server:
    DE
    Test the town forum again now, pls. :)

We improved a lot of stuff there.

4. TheMoonWoman

TheMoonWoman Corporal

Where the hell is the button for the town forum now? :tumble:

EDIT:
    How we can test it when we donĀ“t find it ?????

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  5. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    you have to first click at the tow button and then you will find the town forum in the town screen.

Not really progress- though the forum can be used again.

Still that stupid menu bar - that stops us form having a chat that functions - and now two click to go to the forum. - :whistle:

6. Joony

Main Server:
    DE
    What's wrong with the chat?

olga, your feedback is always welcome but please try to stay calm and don't start flaming. That won't help us. Thak you!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  7. darkguardian666

darkguardian666 Sergeant Former Team Member

Main Server:
    DE
    and what is this?

[​IMG]

8. please enable too scroll forum in whole forum-area and not only on the scrolline!

thx

alex

9. the simmies

the simmies Guest

Agreed. Scrolling is quite impossible now. Very annoying. :)

The looks of the Subfora titels maybe isn't as great as previously, but this certainly is better. Maybe keep ik this way, just change colors/design (not the system, only the looks (different color, bit more paper-like)).

10. 15kol

15kol Guest

also the difference between read and unread posts is not so clear. in v1 there is nice grey and yellow areas and you can clearly see which is newly posted.
    but here we have two pistols one time lighter other time darker and is not as clearly as it could be..
    [​IMG]

i dont like forum in general on beta. i prefer the simple v1 sytle