1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

2.0 - Town forum discussions/ideas

Discussion in 'Version 2.0' started by kankalin, Sep 18, 2012.

Share This Page

1. kankalin

kankalin Guest

Dear Beta players,

we'd like to ask you to post your feedback about the redesigned town forum in this thread so we can have it in one place.

Please also feel free to post your suggestions/ideas about what would you like to see, or what would you like to get changed.

Thank you in advance!

2. the simmies

the simmies Guest

Interesting. Any clue where? (Aside Town Treasury, Pony-Express, other place?)

3. Joony

Joony Former LCM Former Team Member

Main Server:
    DE
    Top left maybe? Where Residents are at the moment?
    Maybe we can show the number of residents on the right as well..

4. the simmies

the simmies Guest

And is there coming a kind of highlight for in the forum too? Subforumhighlights
    Now you know there is a message, but it is not uncommon to have 10+subfora. In that case it might be nice to have subfora highlighting too. :)

5. Joony

Main Server:
    DE
    Maybe some day... ;)

6. very important :)
    you have this data already in the old looking and so that shouldn't be a big problem i hope :D

also the short popup of the old menu version isn't looking realy good... and the time to load is so a little bit too long...

the scroll line is always at the side and still in the default browser looking (FF15.0.1)

change the open forum in a new window button and make a 4th button at the top with an □ and an bigger one in the background and put the big button at the bottem away... this is a space where you better show forum normaly

the invited town forums show all as status the other as there should stand... it shows the text which would stand at the owner-town-forum-manage-status-button (what a long word!)
    bsp.: a hidden forum shows as status in my manage forum side "town forum"
    but there had to stand "hidden forum"

and now you update the servers and i couldn't look at more :DDD

7. the simmies

the simmies Guest

Heh, that doesn't sound as being planned :p

I would really like it to return, as it has always been that way and was one of the good features, as Lord Alex already said above. It's not really necessary to highlight, there should just be a kind of sign that indicates in which subforum the new post is. For example: On a Dutch world I'm in a town which has 14 subfora (I'm leader in that town, so hidden fora are between those 14 too). On a different Dutch world, I have 13 subfora. And I'm not a town leader there. I don't have time to search through all those subfora just to find out it's something posted in the duelsection which is not of interest to me because I'm a builder. ;)

8. Joony

Main Server:
    DE
    We should reimplement the feature, you are right.

9. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    Blue light in town button does not make any sense- when you can not access town forum that way.

We have stopped using the forum - and it will take some time to get it back on track again.

As long as it is as bad as now - no one will bother reading it. - so wait with blue light - until we actually have a forum worth using.

10. Joony

Main Server:
    DE
    What do you mean with those two things?

11. the simmies

the simmies Guest

The button to the town forum is going to be placed somewhere in the Town screen. So maybe aside the residents or something. Joony says that in this thread. :)

12. http://forum.westbeta.innogames.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=105&stc=1&d=1347984351

Nr. 1 is you first question... this happens every time you klick at one subforum

Nr. 2 is you sekond question... i mean remove that big button at the bottom and make one little button next to the three buttons (next to the star in my picture)

this button you can made a look like this:
    http://forum.westbeta.innogames.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=106&stc=1&d=1347984246
    (paint work not very nice but i think you should know what i mean ;) )

Attached Files:

13. Joony

Main Server:
    DE
    Good ideas, thanks!

14. np

15. Joony

Main Server:
    DE
    I convinced a dev to implement this for you. So I guess it will be on the Beta with the next update. ;)
    Some other town forum improvements have been done already as well.

But we still need more feedback so that we can create a town forum that is better than the old one.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  16. tom paris

tom paris Guest

Can we get a option to let other town's moderate a forum?

17. ketjatekos

ketjatekos Guest

If I see it correctly, there is a "down arrow" button (called 'tab_control_select') in 'window_tab_control'.
    A town might have too lot's of tabs, and some of the player don't want to go through all the threads for the last, so if it possible, enable this quick tab select stuff...

18. the simmies

the simmies Guest

*kneels to the great Joony* :p

Thanks man! I'm really interested in how you are going to do that. Sounds promising, to have that feature back. :)

19. good question what there will be behinde of that button? ;)

one thing i got at the moment:

put a new threat button at the top too! that you could also post a new threat in the forum if you have many posts there^^

and i am not sure if that is possible, but could you finde a way that i could klick in the forum (when it's on an other tab) on a report link for example and this window appears in the game page?
    then more people would use the forum in an other window page i think ;)

nice evening

Alex

20. Joony

Main Server:
    DE
    At the moment it's very basic and there is just a little (new) behind the name of the subforum. This is not what we want it to look like though so we will need some more time to improve the highlights. ;)