• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Damage beats everything

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Hello , we had a FORT BATTLE tournament in my local server GR , after 17 battles here are the results of the Fort Battle rankings and it's actually sad to see only damagers benefit and be at the top , something needs to be done , tanks have also a very important job to do in a battle and it's sad to see them not getting the amount of battle XP as a damager.

Here you can see the first 4 pages being only damage dealers with an exception of 2 workers and 2 soldiers.

Moral of the story , if you want to be top in Fort Battle ranking , play damage.........

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
From 1 to 21 duelists, then again 22 to 29 all duelists wow. How come that happens? are you all that good No feared opponents there?

Loki

The West Team
it's actually sad to see only damagers benefit and be at the top , something needs to be done , tanks have also a very important job to do in a battle and it's sad to see them not getting the amount of battle XP as a damager.
Agreed. That's why on top of my list I have wrote: "Equal opportunity at fort battles.".
You should be able to reach max exp. regardless of your build and/or class.
I am referring to fort battle builds, not to a player with a full trading build.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Equality of chances across the board
This should be the case for all forms of PvP. In adventures no class has any distinct bonus, which is good, everyone is equal. In fort all classes have bonuses, but some have better bonuses than others (in fact, they are about equal or at least they would be if the damage formula was changed, except for the adventurer bonus which is really weak, here a buff/rework would be needed). In duel only 2 classes have an advantage. One class has a crushing advantage, double hp and 50% tactics (and 6 levels less for equipping weapons, it was a good bonus in the past and I have a feeling it will become useful in the near future), and the duelist has an interesting bonus that can be very good if used properly. The other two classes, worker and adventurer have nothing. And here too there should be some buff, but very carefully selected. Any bonuses in vigor/shooting/appearance/tactics/toughness/reflex could be OP, only aiming and dodging can be modified. And the worker already has good bonuses, the adventurer not at all, I'm curious what could be done about that.

Last edited:

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Damagers beat everything YET AGAIN :njub:
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_4.png
The "Points" are the actual ranking points you get after a battle , seems like the only thing that is good for tanks now is the XP gained aftera battle@Loki :njub::njub:

Last edited:

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
seems like only the XP is now more for tanks
It's not. Damagers makes way more xp and more easily than tanks. I know this because i play both: tank (adventurer) and damager (duelist). Ghost rounds barely count. Today I kocked out 8 people from my tower because I was "lucky" to trigger the ghost round after 2 hits (of course I dodged 0 hits). 8 duellers got KO that round. The rest is history :lol: I'm not sure if I'm allowed to take part at fort battles anymore. :whistle:

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
It's not. Damagers makes way more xp and more easily than tanks. I know this because i play both: tank (adventurer) and damager (duelist). Ghost rounds barely count. Today I kocked out 8 people from my tower because I was "lucky" to trigger the ghost round after 2 hits (of course I dodged 0 hits). 8 duellers got KO that round. The rest is history :lol: I'm not sure if I'm allowed to take part at fort battles anymore. :whistle:
Oh I know , I mean the only good thing was the XP for tanks but the fact doesn't change that Duelers/Damage dealers will get more ranking points regardless..

DoUzOs

Reservist
That's why you should never use an adventurer to tank a tower but use them to block sectors, as they were actually designed to do. Adventurers do not belong on points when people are behind them.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
That's why you should never use an adventurer to tank a tower but use them to block sectors, as they were actually designed to do. Adventurers do not belong on points when people are behind them.
It amuses me that you always assume the worst. After so many posts here on the forum, do you really assume that I am the worst noob and not that I had to do what I did? :)) I was the only tank available, if i didn't do that, all damagers would have died anyway. It could have worked better, I could have dodged some shots and the bonus could have trigger after several hits, not just 2, but it is what it is. This bonus is pretty much useless these days. Unless you are alone on the flag, it's not relevant at all.

Guiri

Corporal
Yes. And bonds. And ranking. Equality of chances across the board. :up:
All players should (hopefully "will") be given an equal chance to "compete".
Considering that damagers have had an advantage for years and years it would be fairer to give them less reward than the rest for a couple of years before it is all streamlined in a fair manner

DoUzOs

Reservist
It amuses me that you always assume the worst. After so many posts here on the forum, do you really assume that I am the worst noob and not that I had to do what I did? :)) I was the only tank available, if i didn't do that, all damagers would have died anyway. It could have worked better, I could have dodged some shots and the bonus could have trigger after several hits, not just 2, but it is what it is. This bonus is pretty much useless these days. Unless you are alone on the flag, it's not relevant at all.
I only used your situation as an example. If I was in your position, I'd suggest that the duelers would bail the tower and you'd mount it at the safest spot to hold it until an actual tank (as in a soldier or a worker) arrived to take the point. Nevertheless, the bonus isn't as useless as you say it is. If used correctly, the adventurer can prove to be the most useful class of the 4. Holding essential sectors that can be used later in the fort fight is the adventurer's job. That's what he was designed for.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
There was no online tank available and most tower duelists were offline.

You can't hold them for too long like you used to do 10 years ago. And the damage you ghost is not lost, your teammates are hurt because of it. It's a strategic bonus, it used to be strong, but now it's weak. And you are not rewarded for it. You should get a dodge shot every shot you ghost or something like this in order to be satisfying. And you also need another buff along this dodge shots transformation.