• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

DUEL REDUCTION POTION NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE

Do you agree with the current cost and application of the Duel Reduction Buff

• Total voters

Deleted User - 117528

Hello, we want to duel. Keep pushin' the devs bcs it seems that nothin is going to happen. PVP is broken and making this potion right is a step to make things right. It is actually lame because u have to pay to enjoy a PvP function, dont make it worse :lol:

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Hello, we want to duel. Keep pushin' the devs bcs it seems that nothin is going to happen. PVP is broken and making this potion right is a step to make things right. It is actually lame because u have to pay to enjoy a PvP function, dont make it worse :lol:
A solution for regarding the duel potion has been decided on however, I do not know for sure when this will be implemented.

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
Like I said it's been another month and still nothing
Can you please explain what is taking so long to implement it?

WonLamusie

Reservist
Delete this stupid potion and duel lv must be changed or deleted

My thoughts:
Players with 1lv-50lv is first partition
Players with 51lv-100 is second partition
Players with 101lv-150lv is third partition

Example:
Player with level 25 can attack others with level 1-50 | can't attack player with level level 51+
Player with level 79 can attack others with level 51-100 | cant attack player with level 101+
Player with level 103 cann attack others with level 101-150 | can't attack player with level level <100

I talking about our main character level if we deleted duelling levels

JustAMoment

Lance Corporal
What is logic behind this? Someone who is on 150 has like tons of more points to adjust, more points from clothing in general cuz scaling and he will rekt usually anyone lower >15levels just because of that if they are both duellers, making it antifun for lower people getting stomped cuz of that.
With current duel formula this is nonsense.

A simpler solution:

Make it total duelling skill points. Hp, dodge, aim, vigor, shooting, appearance, tactics, reflex, toughness.(did i miss any other)

This would solve everything in my opinion about duelling level and "duels" that are more like ampush people with work clothes also would put some balance for p2w vs f2p.

Edit: appearance/tactis sp count only on attack/defence

Last edited:

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Wtf? Aiming and dodging are not as important as vigor/shooting/toughness/reflex. 50 points on toughness can decrease opponent's damage with 70% if the difference is appropriate. All skills should value the same. And soliders with double hp and 50% tactics...how about them? They are on a league on their own? :)) I agree with that.

Edit: This idea has too many flows. Initially, i tought you reffer at your own skill points. But set's skill points? No. You will change your set frequently depending on the opponent. Sometimes you will use work clothes for shooting/reflex. Total amounts of skills is irrelevant. For example: You attack me with 2000 aiming 1000 dodging, 2000 appearance, 1000 tactics and 400 shooting, but i have 500 aiming and 500 reflex and i beat you with 2 hits in the arms. 6400 skills vs 1000. See? Total amount of skills is irrelevant.

Last edited:
@WhyN0t the bonus of soldier sp would count in total duelling skill points.

yes the skill tier list is dumb and i deleted it. But the core consept is same. You can wear whatever you want what counts is total skill points you have when attack/defend. Like you cant find targets with same total sp? You can wear trash clothes and attack a worker.

And i said maybe 10% of sp difference is good or bad i dont know. Example you have 5k total sp u can attack 4.5 lowest. You have 1k? You can attack 900 lowest. And so on. So level is not that relevant to fight someone.

So replace duelling level with something called like duelling power. Because there are lvl50 full duel abilities that can beat lvl100 workers easy.

Again most "duellers" wont like this because they dont want balance they just want to "win" and annoy other players. See town stats 99% of duels are unfair duels.

In fort fights people make agreements to balance in duels they dont.

And what if your opponent unequips his items in order to stop your duel?
I dont know about that. Maybe duel is instant or 1minute instead of 10? Or duel happens with items previously equipped? Or with new items? Guess whole duel stystem got to change(it will be for the better). Anyway why did i even bother nothing will change.

That was just the fairest and most fun system i came up with for duels. No need for potions or other to fix it. If you have better suggestion say it.

Other games also use something like that. Bitefight for example has "battle value" for PvP fights and you cant fight someone with much lower bv.
But look at InnoGames games. Grepolis and tribal wars allow you to get attacked by 100 times stronger opponents (if im correct) so the west no difference

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
Like I said the Devs would drag this out until we got fed up asking, nothing was ever going to happen, as they have no intention of reducing the cost of the potion, or the cooldown time, as they are just too arrogant to admit they screwed up
I have finally had enough of this , so I'm walking away from The West

Last edited by a moderator:

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
We need explanations. Yhy does it take so long and why don't you offer any updates?
Updates happens regularly. We have considered making some changes to the duel reduction potion however, this does not mean that development time is immediately invested into this. Please also keep in mind that, if changes would be made, this would most likely only be applied to the Beta server (similar to the reskill potions).

Deleted User - 117528

Been 6 months since u've decided. Isn't that enough time to implement? :lol:

And lol, why only on beta servers since it's a GLOBAL problem ? I can't enjoy PVP because my lvl duel is too high, I don't have targets and i can't lower it. How InnoGames games help players to enjoy the pvp function doing nothing? gimme a viable option. The only option that seems left is to quit game because IT'S BORING TO CAN'T ENJOY PVP FUNCTION.

Last edited by a moderator: