• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Happy anneversary of big update tease

Jeremiah Johnson

Private First Class
Don't hold your breath. There's also this video from 2017 where character class revisions for The West were hinted at, but InnoGames never offered any follow up or tangible deliverables. I'm not sure "tangible deliverables" is a goal for any The West development outside of more premium pay-to-win sets, occasional tweaks to preexisting items, and new quests with bizarre requirements.

My point, as mentioned in Miss Florida's post, is that Innogames needs to stop using one of the only means of communications with fans of the game (YouTube videos) as a carrot on a stick with no foreseeable pay off. If you aren't sure about a new feature or it's only being "discussed" then that should be an internal "need to know" basis item or items that don't get shared with the users.

All that does is leave your player base disappointed and jaded about any future "improvements".

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
It´s been exactly 1 year since "Big Update" was teased: Big Update
Any progress 12 months later?
Progress has been made on our end. Many of these features are still being created, tested and fixed, thus unfortunately we cannot release any information yet. Of course, as soon as anything is confirmed, there will be an announcement made :).

TadschMahal

Sergeant
Progress has been made on our end. Many of these features are still being created, tested and fixed, thus unfortunately we cannot release any information yet. Of course, as soon as anything is confirmed, there will be an announcement made :).
many are still being created ... yes and maybe 1 feature is getting tested and 2 years after its release it will be fixed am i right ?
it would be nice to hear which things are getting tested and which will be created ..... u dont have to say exactly what it is but something like : ''we are testing new jobs '' or ''we are testing a new ff-formular'' or ''we are creating new items''.... '' for this year we are planning to add new jobs'' ''in the secound step were going to rebalance fort fights'' ect pp.....
so we would know if progress is being made or not - but saying nothing for one whole year lets u players think u did nothing...

TadschMahal

Sergeant
and maybe u should rethink the idea of this beta world.. on tw open beta nothing is being tested ... would make sense to test a lot of things on a beta world instead of internal test worlds (i assume that u have internal test worlds as u said u are testing things.. not that i know that u have some .. im just assueming it ;) )...

its easier to test with player feedback
think about that
u dont have to test it on ala or ene - just make amchitka open to all players and make it an open test world with real tests of things and ideas and get feedback
after u got feedback u can decide if u want to have a new feature on live servers or not

Last edited:

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
many are still being created ... yes and maybe 1 feature is getting tested and 2 years after its release it will be fixed am i right ?
it would be nice to hear which things are getting tested and which will be created ..... u dont have to say exactly what it is but something like : ''we are testing new jobs '' or ''we are testing a new ff-formular'' or ''we are creating new items''.... '' for this year we are planning to add new jobs'' ''in the secound step were going to rebalance fort fights'' ect pp.....
so we would know if progress is being made or not - but saying nothing for one whole year lets u players think u did nothing...
New jobs, new jobs locations, new questgivers and , of course, the new levels are some example of what is being worked on :)

pimpa1977

Private First Class
If you ask me I have a strong feeling there is nothing in the works... This is just a hook so we keep waiting and that means they not loosing those players who are still believe in this "big update" :D

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
Without evidence, I believe and I no longer trust anyone. In the end it is just hot air and not more. As long as Miss Florida ( from Innogame Department The-West ) doesn't provide evidence! I don't trust her anymore

Miss Florida

Lance Corporal
Without evidence, I believe and I no longer trust anyone. In the end it is just hot air and not more. As long as Miss Florida ( from Innogame Department The-West ) doesn't provide evidence! I don't trust her anymore

You have confused me with Etriel, I don´t have anything to do with that announcement.

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
Ups sry red values on other worlds someone showed a video and posted Miss Florida. I didn't think of you, thought she comes from Florida and works at InnoGames

The Secret Project <--- She is called Miss Florida.

Last edited:

Jeremiah Johnson

Private First Class
Ups sry red values on other worlds someone showed a video and posted Miss Florida. I didn't think of you, thought she comes from Florida and works at InnoGames

The Secret Project <--- She is called Miss Florida.

No she is not. The person in that video is "etriel" a.k.a. Magda. She was the last Lead Community Manager for The West. She played on the Polish servers. I know this because I was once a Social Media moderator and a game moderator for NET and she was my "boss".