• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Easter Event 2019 discussion

mxj1

Private First Class
Just what we needed, more sets for damagers, nothing for tanks. Again :D
One of the sets doesn't appear to have Fort skills again though too. Not even sure what Tatanka is supposed to be optimised for...
Tatanka is set for adventures, with only 0,8 attack instead of 0,5 atk and 0,5 def like in bawarian or outlaws, everyone knows that offence>deffence, with this set and kitchen knifes you could make 2000dmg + shot in adventures.

Duellers (well any leadership char) soon 2000+ on shot without crit
I've seen full leadership worker hitting for ~1920 with +302dmg/sector buff from murrieta,golden horse and gringo weapons, now he's going to upgrade Union Officer and get that sweet 2,4 dmg/lvl up to ^4 and get 553-644 base stats xD so even 2,1k shot will be possible.

+ Like a lot of people above said, there aren't good set for HP classes - adv/soldier/worker, last one is Adam's which is ALMOST 1:1 copy of Hombre's set - set from 3,5years ago xD It had if I remember correctly 20 more skillpoints xD. While adding Zapata absorption set which gave ~400 skill points more than last one (Pizarro) - it was better^0 than Pizarro's ^3 XD.
Just give us good HP set that people would WANT to use, with good hp and skillpoints.
Now using Adams while playing adv/soldier isn't even rewarding nor satisfying , you are wasting lots of potions to renew hp before every battle and still can die in few hits sadly, while workers with zapata and golden horse set you've got 9k hp and 190-200 chance to dodge while stanging at grass

DeletedUser4619

Hi,pieces of Tatanka sets,showing attack bonus on every piece of set,its lvl based this bonus and will be upgradable this bonus,when i upgrade pieces of set?

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Well well, just another Damager set, which will make sure they (almost) never miss -and Tanks never dodge..
There is no "Sector bonus" crap this time as far as I can see but having one single person in the sector with Murrieta set will be enough to combine the two OP sets.

So never miss, but also deal tons of damage at the same time. Perfect.

I guess InnoGames wants everyone to go full Leadership (or as we call it .. Leader...t) so that there will be no more Tanks, and all battles will be cat and mouse of Damagers following each other and also hiding from each other at the same time.

I mean Tanking is already as hard as is, because of Rewards not being balanced, therefore everyone and their parents choosing Damagers.
And now they make it even Harder, go figure :D

I had some ideas in HERE but i doubt they will even think about 'em..

In short; Resistance is useless, Leadership formula is borken, Hp sacrifice doesn't have any reward, "Sector Damage bonus" is ridiculous.

Last edited:
The 80 hour cooldown issue has been fixed, you can use this link to get some eggs to reset your timers: https://beta.the-west.net/?mac=egg_compensation

The link gave a 650 egg bonus, but it costs 720 eggs to reset, RIPOFF
so it isn't fixed to my satisfaction.

Why should we have to pay anything for the stupid mistake of miss coding a repeatable event.
another good reason NOT to waste RL money to buy nuggets.

Last edited:

Mr. Perseus

Reservist
The link gave a 650 egg bonus, but it costs 720 eggs to reset, RIPOFF
Then after I used 720 eggs, to reset things it wanted another 1500 eggs. to play van cliff, even bigger RIPOFF
so it isn't fixed to my satisfaction.
Why should we have to pay anything for the stupid mistake of miss coding a repeatable event.
another good reason NOT to waste RL money to buy nuggets.

Dude this is a beta server calm down. But they should give 720 eggs nevertheless.

Leones

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
There's no item that awards 720 eggs, so I opted for 650 eggs instead. It's close enough, the 70 egg difference is minimal.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
"Four new sets have become available for the Showdown, three of which are prizes for winning duels in the Showdown, and one is a reward for beating the bandits a certain amount of times." they said.

So if I lose and don't bribe, my count goes to zero? From what I understood it shouldn't but I'm not sure.

the certain amount of times.they are talking about refers to how many consecutive wins you have.
it says right in the notice of the event that ".If you lose a duel it is possible to save your winning streak by bribing the bandit, otherwise your current streak will be reset to zero."

Delmare

Reservist
Also for the Easter event, is it possible to set the timer of the ``Efficient Easter egg container'' to 23 hours instead of 24 hours? Would be much appreciated :cooln:.

asdf124

Private First Class
I know fort fighting sucks as no class can withstand the damage dealt now and not only by the duelers, as every tom, dick and harry is wearing murrieta and feels proud of himself doing ave damage per hit at around 1300 - 1500, while the other classes, especially advents and soldiers are turning away from fort fighting.

If InnoGames wants to persist in including more leadership in news sets, let them, all they have to do is alter the fort fight formula and make leadership contribution in it tiny or non existent so the more leadership one has does not translate into more damage dealt per shot. Then duelers may have a choice to decrease their leadership and put the skills into hide, traps, dodge or aim as it certainly will not be HP. Then they can aim and dodge better but their damage per hit will be less then it is now when they have stupendous amount of leadership.

The problem isn’t with the formula but the way fort battles work.

The way it works is by having a random number compared to the other players random number.

Chances to hit refers to random number, so it is more likely to do with luck then anything else. I proposed to have at least 10% of chances to hit or dodge added to the random number, depending on the situation(getting hit or hitting). Cap the random number to a specific range.

This way the chances to hit will work a lot better, than the current system which is highly luck based.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
the certain amount of times.they are talking about refers to how many consecutive wins you have.
it says right in the notice of the event that ".If you lose a duel it is possible to save your winning streak by bribing the bandit, otherwise your current streak will be reset to zero."

Yea that's unfortunate.
And what will that do, other then give duelers a better chance to hit, which is the reason why battles are rubbish now.

I agree that Randomness works pretty awful in this game but helping to hit chance will only make things worse.

Thou while being one of them, hit chances being high isn't "the" reason.

Main reason is damages being so damn high. And that's because how the Formula/s work.
Formula favors the damage so much: It's just too easy to increase your damage.

On the other hand, Resistance formula is almost trash, which prevents one to have high enough.
And of course Resistance isn't Percentage based.

Apart from these, not having balanced Reward system doesn't help at all.
Everyone and their parents are Damagers now (because it's Easy mode, and satisfy the Egos) which means less Tanks to swap each other and that leads to pretty bad battles + makes you wanna become a damager yourself too.

asdf124

Private First Class
And what will that do, other then give duelers a better chance to hit, which is the reason why battles are rubbish now.
Pure leadership doesn’t have the most effective chance to hit. The reason why I want chances to hit/dodge become more effective is not because I want dueler to have a better chance at hitting. I want diverse team players that will be smarter at choosing their skills.

Workers might get overpowered if they implement my idea.

InnoGames tried to balance ffs by introducing leadership factor I believe, so people can do more than just go pure “hp”.

I like the idea of a more diverse fort fight rather than simpler options like pure hp.

I agree that the new sets seems to be favorable towards damage makers. Which is what needs tweaking.

Phoebe set is an upgraded Amish set, union officer seems to be overpowered.

Wish you introduce a set everyone can get and has the hp/resistance that everyone wants.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
InnoGames tried to balance ffs by introducing leadership factor I believe, so people can do more than just go pure “hp”.
I like the idea of a more diverse fort fight rather than simpler options like pure hp.

Phoebe set is an upgraded Amish set, union officer seems to be overpowered.

Wish you introduce a set everyone can get and has the hp/resistance that everyone wants.

They tried, but failed. Because now pure Leadership is the way to go (Easy Mode) and there is No side effects of it.
At least pure Hp has some; like lowering Resistance, getting more damage by Critics etc.

There are 2 different Damager sets; one is the likes of Phoebe, giving insane amount of Attack bonus, and the other is the likes of Murrieta giving "Sector" damage bonus crap. (1st is better for Duelers, 2nd is for Workers -but they will use the Sector damage as well.. so..)

Of Tank sets; you got the likes of Zapata that giving some slight Resistance that helps in lower levels but almost irrelevant on higher levels. Because the increase in Damage is just so high compared to increase in Resistance (if any!) + Sets like Murrieta, and the Resistance isn't being percentage based.

Then there are the likes of Adams that giving some Hp but useless on Attack and Defense values -and also increasing the Damage you get, by much. (Gives Resist but also Lowers it by Hp increase..)
So you get hit more often and you also lose lots more Hp. So I don't see any advantage of it.

> Zapata obviously favors the Workers much more than Soldiers (and Adventurers) cause no HP bonus and every stat helps to Workers.
> Adams supposed to be favoring Soldiers and Adventurers, but yea, nope.

Then there are Sets like Lucille saddle&mount (which I totally fell in love!) , but you can't get them as easy as other sets + there is No Clothing set of sort -which is One of the main reasons why Worker tanks perform better.
Obviously they Dodge & Hit much more often than Soldiers as all stats help them.

Last edited:

asdf124

Private First Class
They tried, but failed. Because now pure Leadership is the way to go (Easy Mode) and there is No side effects of it.
At least pure Hp has some; like lowering Resistance, getting more damage by Critics etc.

There are 2 different Damager sets; one is the likes of Phoebe, giving insane amount of Attack bonus, and the other is the likes of Murrieta giving "Sector" damage bonus crap. (1st is better for Duelers, 2nd is for Workers -but they will use the Sector damage as well.. so..)

Of Tank sets; you got the likes of Zapata that giving some slight Resistance that helps in lower levels but almost irrelevant on higher levels. Because the increase in Damage is just so high compared to increase in Resistance (if any!) + Sets like Murrieta, and the Resistance isn't being percentage based.

Then there are the likes of Adams that giving some Hp but useless on Attack and Defense values -and also increasing the Damage you get, by much. (Gives Resist but also Lowers it by Hp increase..)
So you get hit more often and you also lose lots more Hp. So I don't see any advantage of it.

> Zapata obviously favors the Workers much more than Soldiers (and Adventurers) cause no HP bonus and every stat helps to Workers.
> Adams supposed to be favoring Soldiers and Adventurers, but yea, nope.

Then there are Sets like Lucille saddle&mount (which I totally fell in love!) , but you can't get them as easy as other sets + there is No Clothing set of sort -which is One of the main reasons why Worker tanks perform better.
Obviously they Dodge & Hit much more often than Soldiers as all stats help them.
Again, what would happen if the formula favored the chances to hit/dodge more? It would mean less chance to get hit, and more reason to diversify.

It is obviously part of the problem, trying a solution will not be a problem as this is beta. Only thing I hate is, beta isn't what it is meant to be.

I would wager that my idea in the right formula tweaking would be a better solution than a full formula change for resistance.

Heck, change it so it favors chances to dodge more since it is penalized a bit due to the threshold.

If I was correct, you can just say I was right personally( a whisper or a message)

If you do, I can just admit defeat, not say anything again in forums or both..... Whatever you decide :D

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
I would be all for a better RNG system.. that doesn't favor the same person round after round while screwing the other..

For example I know lotsa ppl Dodging/Hitting/Critting lots when other almost doesn't any -under same circumstances.

And yea unfortunately Beta isn't doing its duty, which is the reason of its existence.

I'm not against a Formula tweak..
But percentage based sounds like a better idea to me. (Same for Damage bonuses)

Though, maybe we/they will come up with a better idea and it won't be needed?
I don't mind :D