• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Holiday sale 2018 discussion

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
What a shame, I saved 375728572847284727 dollars all year to buy nuggets for this event and now all I can do is whine why DOTD items aren't there....oh AND LET ME WRITE IT IN CAPS SO IT CAN SHOW HOW PISSED I AM

aamgdp

Private
It actually doesn't make sense from business pov at all. A lot of nuggeters are waiting for Xmas event to get those dod sets for nuggets, and pissing off majority of the playerbase by withholding the chance to get them for free will only result in losing server population and potential nugget buyers. It would have made sense if it was known before the dod event, but that's not the case.

I know they are all about money, but damn, this is not how to get more, especially in the long run.

DeletedUser4628

Their has been a year before that the dotd sets were not included, but that year you could use bonds in te dotd event.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Since we're on the subject, I still can't use the avatars I bought for 200 bonds in the shop, when are those being fixed?

The bags were changed later to include them, it doesn't mean they were there in 2016 already.
Original announcement from 2016 tells us that hombre and dancer set where included in Christmas sale. Don't know about bags. This should be case this year also if we can't find Murrieta and Zapata on bags.
I don't understand why it's not case this year.

DeletedUser4618

The bags were changed later to include them, it doesn't mean they were there in 2016 already.

What about forum posts?

https://forum.beta.the-west.net/index.php?threads/ho-ho-holiday-sale.3073/

That says Hombre Chests were available. It also says "all 2016 event sets" for the bag.

It certainly appears likely to have had them. The regular forums had the same post. While it is possible they were added later it would go against not just what the forums appear to say but also my own memory.

Hammersvk

Reservist
Why are you people whining about DotD items? As far as i rember, the items from that event weren´t contained in X-mass sales bags. You had an option to buy those items when they become sellable(which means now, as they are still sellable), or you had to use nuggets to buy them during the event...I think you just want more of them sets as they are OP and you didn´t want to pay real money for them as many players did. But you absolutelly forgot that here are a lot of other sets with different statistics and bonuses(not every is better, but surely different and still usable... for example Hombre is still usable as it gives you HP and Zapata doesn´t, or just upgrade the Pizarro, same with the Murrieta´s set..). So please stop whining and try to find ways how to upgrade your account.

And i am a non-premium player. I am going to buy sets from this Sale and I will wait for the new ones, which can be even better than are this sets from the current DotD event.

DeletedUser4523

Just my 2 cents, maybe everyone should consider the financial ramifications of Innogames decision to leave DOTD out of the christmas sale.. It’s only an issue if people are NOT spending nuggets on the Christmas sale.

Innogames decision to not add DOTD sets to bags or sale as chest is unpopular, yes. But as long we the players still participate in the christmas sale, its justified. InnoGames can chose to change the sale to include the DOTD sets at anytime, like adding the Garret boots or Ponce items midway through the sale last year. in thatbinstance theywere correcting a mistake. if the players veiw this as a mistake, we should communicate that to Innogames in a meaningful manner.

Simply put, to me, the Christmas sale is worthless if DOTD is not included. So I will not buy a single Chest or Bag until the items are. Im willing to miss entire sale if they are never included. Butwhat I refuse to do is purchase over 200 chirstmas bags (like I did in Houston last year) only to find out the gear I sought was not included, then get 2 extra bags as an apology. So I would caution EVERYONe to wait until the very end of the Christmas sale before making any purchase of Christmas bags or chest, in case Innogames realizes its mistake not adding DOTD. That way you dont get 2 measely christmas bags as a half hearted apology.

cusco cheiroso

Reservist
Original portuguese:
Totalmente desapontado a forma como a INNOGAMES esta gerindo esse evento de natal... Conversa fiada esse negócio de não poder inserir os conjuntos dos DoD. Estratégia péssima da empresa, apenas para irritar para aqueles que ainda gostam desse jogo. Dessa forma só vem afastar aqueles que ainda jogam esse jogo...

Google Translation:
Totally disappointed the way INNOGAMES is managing this Christmas event ... Spoken this business of not being able to insert the DoD sets. Lousy strategy of the company, just to annoy those who still like this game. That way it only removes those who still play this game ...

asdf124

Private First Class
Just my 2 cents, maybe everyone should consider the financial ramifications of Innogames decision to leave DOTD out of the christmas sale.. It’s only an issue if people are NOT spending nuggets on the Christmas sale.

Innogames decision to not add DOTD sets to bags or sale as chest is unpopular, yes. But as long we the players still participate in the christmas sale, its justified. InnoGames can chose to change the sale to include the DOTD sets at anytime, like adding the Garret boots or Ponce items midway through the sale last year. in thatbinstance theywere correcting a mistake. if the players veiw this as a mistake, we should communicate that to Innogames in a meaningful manner.

Simply put, to me, the Christmas sale is worthless if DOTD is not included. So I will not buy a single Chest or Bag until the items are. Im willing to miss entire sale if they are never included. Butwhat I refuse to do is purchase over 200 chirstmas bags (like I did in Houston last year) only to find out the gear I sought was not included, then get 2 extra bags as an apology. So I would caution EVERYONe to wait until the very end of the Christmas sale before making any purchase of Christmas bags or chest, in case Innogames realizes its mistake not adding DOTD. That way you dont get 2 measely christmas bags as a half hearted apology.
They can easily include the sets but have it as a lower drop rate compared to other gear except a bit higher chance versus christmas set. Unless that is having a high chance to get versus gear which is older.

To be honest, having it as a lower drop rate in the christmas bag would certainly be the best option. Both, the players and innogames need to compromise on a path to an agreement. How low this drop rate shouldn't be too big that you need 100 bags to get 1 item. I haven't seen the chest statistics, so I can't say how low should it be.

DeletedUser4328

Scummy way they treat us, clearly disconnected with the player base. If this is for profit, they are very dumb. I can't see how this could boost nugget purchases more than including the best set of the year in a Christmas event. not to mention it is the last fair event for people who don't spend nugs and save up ALL year to use their bonds.

All they have achieved is frustrating the player base more, worsening the game just for the satisfaction of the few that spent nuggets on DOTD (excluding idaho which will be nug galore for a long time yet) compared to the many that would spend more on Christmas.

JUST ADD DOTD TO THE BAGS!

mastadont.

Staff Sergeant
The bags may have been changed later to include them, it doesn't mean they were there in 2016 already.

you know better, so stop that lying for a change.
always trying to off-road questions with useless answers.
what I hate more...is a coma willfully lying to the community.
If you don't want to give a reason, then don't..... but stop that continuously lying to the community

leandro.colo

Reservist
Hello everyone, I ask the Day of the Dead of 2018, is not this year because it is not 2018?

in the year 2019 in the Christmas tombola, the bag of the day of the dead of 2018 (zapata and murrieta) will be in the year 2018 or 2019?

regards

asdf124

Private First Class
Hello everyone, I ask the Day of the Dead of 2018, is not this year because it is not 2018?

in the year 2019 in the Christmas tombola, the bag of the day of the dead of 2018 (zapata and murrieta) will be in the year 2018 or 2019?

regards
2019 will have 2018 DOD chest, 2018 bags will have 2018 DOD items too.