• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Holiday sale 2018 discussion

DeletedUser4618

It's too soon after the event to make the sets available again.

By the time they are available they will likely be obsolete for many players and if not you will be giving well over a year of clear superiority to almost only players who could spend the nuggets necessary to get the set themselves. Even now, those that didnt spend enough are struggling to find pieces. Most nuggetless players I know gave up the 0-3 pieces they got because they had little to no chance of completing either set.

There were player discussions all during the last event about waiting for Christmas because we had a 2 year pattern of them being included. People intentionally didnt spend money and waited patiently based on that information and now they find their planning and patience for naught because it is "too soon".

Honestly, I cant think of a single logical reason for this.

"too soon" doesnt work. That is arbitrary and rather pointless since there will be nugget sets and possible FF sets that will be better in the coming year that means "too soon" may as well be never. It sounds like something someone said once and they stuck with regardless of the reality of the situation.

Doesnt make sense from a money standpoint. InnoGames loses money and judging by the nugget only sets they keep pumping out they are more concerned with that than their playerbase.

Cant say "we never did it in the past" Because of the last 2 years. I have been told that was an accident but was that communicated clearly to the players in game? (this is meant to be rhetorical because it clearly wasnt) Making the same accident 2 years in a row seems like more of a pattern instead of a mistake.

This is something that all sides should want to have happen. InnoGames for the money, players for the game, and the mods/cms/whatever so we stop annoying you with our (valid) complaints.

DeletedUser4424

I still think it's time to go back and fix this whole crap.

Early when? When to launch new sets and these are not worth shit?
Early when? When many players stop playing for that stupid mistake they are making?
Early when? When the coffers empty that they want to launch the middle sets of the year to try to make more money?

I do not intend to spend any kind of money this Christmas until you get this whole load of shit

DeletedUser3806

They don't really care what we think. They just want to milk this game really hard. This thing with the exception for DoD items make no sense, it does not add any value to the game, neither to InnoGames. So they are annoying us for... nothing, they don't get any money from this move.

aamgdp

Private
Well if they really won't be available, InnoGames is missing out on a big amount money... Their business anyway.. Idc, wanted to spend some money on the event, guess I won't. And I know many players who would do the same.. I hope this is a troll tho, because why else add the bag to the game if you plan on not putting it up for sale.

Zulus

Private
it has been said before by many that InnoGames only cares about nugget spenders and this action clearly underlines their stance. I dont think InnoGames has a long term strategy for The West anymore, but even short term this makes no sense at all.
The more non nugget spenders leave the game after this huge xmas disappointment, the less money will the nugget spenders spend because soon they may not have anybody to play with and the life span of this game will become even shorter.

@ Leones
I feel for you man that you have to feed us this total bulldust excuses for the InnoGames people that dont have the balls to do it themselves. I am quiet certain that had you known what a puppet you would have to be for them, you would have reconsidered taking this highly satisfying job.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4424

I still think everything is a great joke
Because if it's true it's just the confirmation that you can buy something by using real money are their target audience, sorry for the words, but it's a lot of MISTAKE to do that

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4624

It's absolute bullcrap not adding DOTD 2018 items into the event! The 2018 bags description tells us "There's a chance to get one item from previous events we ran in 2018", and last time I checked, DOTD was a previous 2018 event, so that alone is false advertising.

Last year, InnoGames royally screwed up not adding Juan ponce gear in 2017 bags, and people spent tons of money trying to get those events only to get something that was impossible to get. Later, InnoGames had a sale to buy ponce horse set for 200 bonds, but at that time most people already used up their bonds, forcing them to spend EVEN MORE NUGGETS

In addition, DOTD event is by far the WORST event to be ever created (as well as the other events, but at least you can participate in more "free spins" via pretzels, flowers or other factors), because it's straight up Gambling.
Definition (Gambling is the wagering of money or something of value (referred to as "the stakes") on an event with an uncertain outcome, with the primary intent of winning money or material goods. Gambling thus requires three elements be present: consideration, risk (chance), and a prize.)

If anyone here is under 18, which some people are, it's illegal to spend money on those events due to the definition of gambling!

At least on the .net servers, they purposely opened a new world weeks before the DOTD event, because they knew people will spend significant cash to acquire the DOTD gear because of fierce competition of a new world. Any excuse that the management team tells us it's too close to Xmas is utter horsecrap, they already made their $$$ from that world alone.

On top of that, not adding DOTD event gear to 2018 bags is terrible business practice. People will spend significantly MORE on nuggets to purchase bags if they can obtain the DOTD gear, and it only takes a few lines of code for a programmer to incorporate that into the bags. InnoGames's losing potential revenue, and expecting people to wait until 2019 xmas event to complete set is very incompetent of them, we might not even be around if InnoGames keeps this crap up. It cost InnoGames nothing to add the DOTD gear into the xmas bags, but will cost them a ton of revenue leaving it out.

InnoGames should take some business lessons after Jeff Bezos
https://www.inc.com/business-inside...tomer-emails-forward-managers-fix-issues.html

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4625

The point is here: This seems to be only for the sake of mass nugget spenders. In other words, I personally see not including those sets in Xmas bags is making them exclusive for those spenders. Because simply those spenders will have the sets. They will either upgrade and use for themselves or even sell for crazy profit (that's a part of them not all, but am talking about the general concept i see the game has been going lately). Of course some of them help the others out and thanks to them. But assuming they don't help, I ( as one of those who can't spend real money on nuggets) have no way to get those sets if I don't have several millions game cash.

The sets like Black Friday, Lucille, Deputy Chef,...etc have been released in high frequency recently as well. But I just look away and try to enjoy my game with what I can saying that InnoGames as a company is aiming to make some profit. But now here, for the event that's supposed to be for everyone on the server, happened to be the most nugget requiring event of them all. We kept waiting trying to get the best of our luck but hardly got anything. The only hope for us was the Christmas Sale to get those sets.

So, the only conclusion I can come to here is: InnoGames is mainly concerned at the moment with those nugget spenders, and only them. Preventing those sets from coming into our hands for bonds is exactly what makes them (spenders) most profitable because simply they are the only ones who have the gear. So now that they have Real Life cash to spend on the game, and they enjoy being special, They will just keep spending nuggets on those events and InnoGames makes more and more profit. (still not talking about all nugget spenders, i know some help but am talking about the concept that I see the game has been run recently) While totally neglecting while us who can't get nuggets have fun or go to hell. Now Dueling is severely out-powered by Hawaii gear (no idea if mountain farmer can put match to it if upgraded) and Fort Fighting has been actually pointless if one doesn't have the new sets. Because if I am a soldier using Pizarro or whichever set facing a duelers having Murrietta gear and Chef weapons, am doomed. And the other way around, if am a dueler shooting with an old set (amish is still kind of good, but the concept is the same) and some other weapon, i still can't cause as much damage.

Summary: It's okay to make nugget spenders special because it's the aim of the company to make games. But don't ignore the others who are just trying to have some free fun because if we are being ignored for longer, we will simply quit :)

Thanks for listening

Mr. Perseus

Reservist
I mean it's pretty obvious why they removed the DotD from the bags: they hope that more ppl will spend money on that same event next year. Until now, there was not enough money spent at this event since it is so close to the x-mas sale...

EDIT: I don't say that I like this choice, but it is a reasonable decision for their business.

DeletedUser4626

And InnoGames introducing DoTD items in Christmas bags will lead to more Christmas bag sale, and hence more nugget buying, resolved!
Everyone happy.