• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Day of the Dead 2018 discussion

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
    flowersmall.png
    :
    You will receive the cane of the dead groom.
    flowersmall.png
    :
    You will receive the violin of the dead groom.
    flowersmall.png
    :
    You will receive the bouquet of a dead bride.
    flowersmall.png
    :
    You will receive the dead groom's chest.

Not a Dead Hawk set pieces?

quis

Private First Class
... and the flowerpot from the shop destroys nearly 11 days earlier than the event ends? REALLY??

Leones

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
The event here lasts two weeks longer than on the regular worlds, so that's probably accurate.

Harsha.1

Private First Class
flowersmall.png
:
You will receive a pot of flowers

Is this pot of flowers same as the pot we can buy from the shop for 600 bonds?

Is it even worth it buying that from the shop, seeing as you can't use flowers to get set items directly?

DeletedUser3990

Flower Pot brings 1250 every 12h
Big Flower Pot brings 2500 every 24h - so you can get 5000 Flowers every 24h - i mean its worth to think about.

Delmare

Reservist
Actually it seems to be every 11,5 hours for the Flower Pot and 23 hours for the Big Flower Pot this year, which is in my eyes a great improvement! Thank you for this :up: It would be awesome if the principle passes on to the other events.

Harsha.1

Private First Class
Flower Pot brings 1250 every 12h
Big Flower Pot brings 2500 every 24h - so you can get 5000 Flowers every 24h - i mean its worth to think about.

Let's assume you get 2500 from small flower pot, big flower pot and friends daily, 2000 from FFs, 7000 from jobs. That is 16500
flowersmall.png
daily, adding up to 264000
flowersmall.png
over a 16 day period.

every 5k beyond 140000 gives 50 bonds, so you get 1240 bonds. But, you spent 600 bonds buying the big flower pot, so your profit is 640 bonds. Now, assume you didnt buy the big flower pot, your yield over 16 days will be 224000, which is 840 bonds. In essence, you can see buying the big flower pot means you run into a loss.

PS: will the items be upgradable? - why arent they upgradable from the first day?

asdf124

Private First Class
PS: will the items be upgradable? - why arent they upgradable from the first day?
The items aren't upgradable means they are a working progress(the stats might get changed). So, to avoid unnecessary complaints after upgrading. They simply locked it until it gets finalized.

Pankreas PorFavor

Private First Class
Dead Hawk Dancer's Blade - melee weapon which gives shooting? And the whole weapon set also has shooting as a bonus?
When will you start paying attention to melee duel builds? Is this a new trend? Mountain farmer ranged weapon - aim+dodge, used when you attack and when you defend. Mountain farmer melee weapon - appearance+tactics, you use one when you attack, the other when you defend. Do people who design these things even play this game?

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
Dead Hawk Dancer's Blade - melee weapon which gives shooting? And the whole weapon set also has shooting as a bonus?
When will you start paying attention to melee duel builds? Is this a new trend? Mountain farmer ranged weapon - aim+dodge, used when you attack and when you defend. Mountain farmer melee weapon - appearance+tactics, you use one when you attack, the other when you defend. Do people who design these things even play this game?

Dead Hawk Dancer's set not for duels, it only good for works. Not all set can be good for duels. They did some good duel weapon in the past events, like David C. McCanles's sword. Main problem is, lot of melee weapon only good for resistance build and some "premium" (you can only buy with nuggets or win event) give aim and dodge, at least Lucille one auctionable (but still rare when you can buy one), so I can understand your point.

asdf124

Private First Class
Main problem is, lot of melee weapon only good for resistance build and some "premium" (you can only buy with nuggets or win event) give aim and dodge, at least Lucille one auctionable (but still rare when you can buy one), so I can understand your point.
I like the auctionable part with the quest reward, however, players are asking so much for one lasso considering it is basically free(up to 2m). When demand is like 300:1000 potential players who can get it.(if only it was back then when we had thousands .). Then again I may need to ask a few thousand, so it might get more difficult as well due to bigger demand.

Pankreas PorFavor

Private First Class
Dead Hawk Dancer's set not for duels.

good. then please, if melee weapon gives no skills for melee based duel builds, can the ranged weapon also be configured in the same way? maybe a pistol with construction, swimming and animal instinct? :rolleyes:
and I am not talking only about the Dead Hawk items. this is just a part of the same trend, like I explained for the Mountain farmer's weapons. ranged is the favorite, melee builds are overlooked.

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
good. then please, if melee weapon gives no skills for melee based duel builds, can the ranged weapon also be configured in the same way? maybe a pistol with construction, swimming and animal instinct? :rolleyes:
and I am not talking only about the Dead Hawk items. this is just a part of the same trend, like I explained for the Mountain farmer's weapons. ranged is the favorite, melee builds are overlooked.

InnoGames still think melee build equal resistance build. Like already wrote, you can get Lucille's knife or David C. McCanles's sword. In past, we have some ranged weapon too what garbage for duel, like already said, not all weapons good for all builds at duels. Idk atm how many players prefer melee build as "ranged" (high dodge+aim) or resistance build (reflex+toughness) maybe if they get some knowledge we need more from these, will be some change happen. Discussion always welcome to see other viewpoints. I think we can both agree atm we lack of good melee weapons, but they first need get it, what we are think as good ones.

asdf124

Private First Class
InnoGames still think melee build equal resistance build. Like already wrote, you can get Lucille's knife or David C. McCanles's sword. In past, we have some ranged weapon too what garbage for duel, like already said, not all weapons good for all builds at duels. Idk atm how many players prefer melee build as "ranged" (high dodge+aim) or resistance build (reflex+toughness) maybe if they get some knowledge we need more from these, will be some change happen. Discussion always welcome to see other viewpoints. I think we can both agree atm we lack of good melee weapons, but they first need get it, what we are think as good ones.
I used to be range resistance dueler(pure dex, reflex/toughness/ some at the side) when cullen's set was available.