• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Update 2.88 discussion

DeletedUser4265

Why is the green skirt being downgraded after it has been released on the regular servers? Even on lvl150, a lvl5 skirt isn't better than any gear set, so clearly no research has been done before it was listed as too powerful.

Its a beta for a reason. Test the items on the beta before you release it anywhere else. Now people will be disappointed because all of a sudden their items are being nerfed.

Leones

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
It was downgraded because the power it provided was unintentional. It's something that had to be done, unfortunately.

DeletedUser4265

Again, that's what a beta is for. To test things before they hit the regular servers.

According to you guys, the Tlingit set back in 2016 could not be downgraded after it was given to the event winners, even though it was too strong. This time, as I said earlier, the items is not even that strong

mica

Private
    flowersmall.png
    :
    You will receive the cane of the dead groom.
    flowersmall.png
    :
    You will receive the violin of the dead groom.
    flowersmall.png
    :
    You will receive the bouquet of a dead bride.
    flowersmall.png
    :
    You will receive the dead groom's chest.

groom chest?

mxj1

Private First Class
    flowersmall.png
    :
    You will receive the cane of the dead groom.
    flowersmall.png
    :
    You will receive the violin of the dead groom.
    flowersmall.png
    :
    You will receive the bouquet of a dead bride.
    flowersmall.png
    :
    You will receive the dead groom's chest.
groom chest?
ctrl+C,ctrl+V from last years event xD

Leones

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
Again, that's what a beta is for. To test things before they hit the regular servers.

According to you guys, the Tlingit set back in 2016 could not be downgraded after it was given to the event winners, even though it was too strong. This time, as I said earlier, the items is not even that strong
Yeah, because players spent a ton of nuggets to get that set. In this case though, it was at most a few thousand in-game dollars.

DeletedUser4265

Of course slight changes/ajustments can be made. But the attribute points on the green skirt have been reduced by 90%. To me, that shows that whoever designed the item was just messing around, or, as shown in previous tombola events, intentionally making it overpowered so people would spend money on it, only to see it being downgraded later. In those cases its almost like a fraud. Taking money from impatient, dupable players. You guys call it 'Push Sale' when players use this technique on the market place, yet you are guilty of it yourself.

Leones

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
No such thing was the case. Instead of 0.02 it was simply put into the system as 0.2, not something we did deliberately, just an honest mistake.

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
Sheriff John Fitzburn

Good, you're on time. Harness your horse to the carriage. My horse is ready. Let's go.

The trip is long and tiring. You go through a dark forest, thick with a scary fog. Hearing the howl of wolves in the distance. The city is completely silent as you arrive, the people closing their windows. You get to a place where you want to meet some important men.

Hint:
Burnham City is in the northeast of the map.

Requires:
  • - This quest is only available between 06:00 and 11:00 o'clock.
  • - Go to Jacksonville

Maybe John drunk, but now, where to go? :D

since the local time for me to do the above step is between midnight and 5am, which is after I go to bed and before I get up, the only way I can do this is to get up in the middle of the night.
If I'm gonna do that,it would be helpful to know whether I need to be in jacksonville like it says or Burnham City as it says in the hint.. That way I can preposition and just spend a minute or two online if I wake for a nature call.

Leones

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
The quest text is indeed slightly wrong, the requirements were changed and we forgot the text. We will hopefully fix this soon.