• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Ideas to make fort battles great again

DeletedUser3957

Hello

I write here on behalf of several French fort fighters about how to encourage more players to participate in fort fights. We've noticed that not enough players participate in fort fights on French servers and that too many of those who did mainly had HP skills. This becomes an issue when we end up with one coalition having much more HPs than the other one because they have more players involved and with almost all HP skills :(

We have a few ideas about that :

- would it be possible to encourage more players to fort fight by creating a quest (compulsory or not) asking them to take part in fort fights ?

- would it be possible to give chests as a reward for players after a fort fight for those who really had a real tactical part in the fort fight (not only the players who made the most damages or the most dodges) ?

- would it be possible to give high HP fort fighters a bigger disadvantage (by changing the formulas for instance) so as to encourage fort fighters to have skills related to fort fight and not only on HP...?

What do you think about that and what do you players suggest so as to have us epic fort fights like in the old V1 time ?

Thank you for your help
poprocker

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4503

These are good ideas that are proposed here. I think that this problem is not specific to French servers but to the global servers.

PS: I'm a french player, sorry if my english is not very well

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
- would it be possible to encourage more players to fort fight by creating a quest (compulsory or not) asking them to take part in fort fights ?

No, I don't like these quests, not everyone want take a part at ff, need accept it.

- would it be possible to give chests as a reward for players after a fort fight for those who really had a real tactical part in the fort fight (not only the players who made the most damages or the most dodges) ?

FF giving again rewards to player not bad idea, but what kind of chest? Lot of chest out of date... More bonds can be handy, and maybe if they made chest like what MPI had, it will be acceptable.

- would it be possible to give high HP fort fighters a bigger disadvantage (by changing the formulas for instance) so as to encourage fort fighters to have skills related to fort fight and not only on HP...?

Worst idea ever. When guns with full leadership skills can do 1k dmg, all fort battles will be come short and unenjoyable. You always can put of all of skill points to HP or leadership to be great at ff. You need accept that.

DeletedUser4218

Well fort battles need some upgrade. Graphic , new bonuses for character classes ( adventurer fort battle bonus is absolutely useless ) , some new rewards to make a fort battles more interesting for all players. Adding fort battle to daily tasks .
I would like to see new buffs with resistance. All buffs now are just for a damage.
Item upgrade should work differently. I would like to create my own set and weapons. Using crafting , bonds, nuggets, tombola rewards, quests rewards and more. There are too many sets what most players do not like.

Fort battles are dead. Just for XP and bonds ? No thank you. Give some chests with buffs in it as rewards, and I might come.
Same as adventures. Each win, small chance for a chest. I remember when adventures where introduced, I got chests at each win. I started playing for veteran points (to buy XP chest for 500 VP). You removed it from Shop... Bye bye adventures.

DeletedUser4218

To hold quadrants is the best character, and more for the flag.
adventurers are key players indeed ;)

Yes I agree but we do not get the reward for it. If you want to help to your team you have to have high HP. So you are short of the rest battle skills. I just want to say that adventurer is not getting extra bond reward because he hold the sector or the flag. Extra bonds are for hits , dodge , damage and killed players. nearly same for a fort battle ranking.
If we would get extra bonus for resistance (+20% or 40 %) it may help me to change my skills setting.
Soldier has 50 or 100 % extra HP and leadership so he can Dodge longer than adventurer.
Duelant is for damage and his skills setting give him high chance to hit.
Worker with good skill setting is able to hit and dodge. After fort battle changes for me the best character.
After InnoGames increasing damage adventurer is not able to survive more than 10- 17 hits. My own experience. Sometimes 30 ok. Now is not problem to get down 10k Hp in one round and loose sector.
We still increasing damage but not the resistance.

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
Making unkillable adventurers bad idea too, one good adventurer can hold tower or flag about 8-10 rounds average atm.

DeletedUser4218

The time when adventurer was able to hold sector for 8-10 rounds is in my world where I play far far away. today avrg. damage of ours duelants is 1000 points. I have 180 resistance and I am getting 800-1000 points hit . Normal ones. No critical. So even my bonus switch on I loose 2000 hp . our adventurers change position in sector every round to hold sector. If 20 top duelants are aiming on you.
Damage of new fortbattle guns in easter event are increasing again. I am not saying to make adventurers unkillable but last 3 years we just increasing damage. And believe me I am not able to hold sector as long as 3 years ago. In my world top 30 fortbattle players are duelants and soldiers. So it says a lot. I am not able to get extra rewards bonds because I do not cause high damage, so many hits or kills. yes i am useful for a team but with no reward.
Avrg. damage increased 120% last 2 years. but ressistance only maybe 10 % with pizzaro set.

DeletedUser3756

In my 2 worlds the top is a adventurer, and remember :
Starting with hit 2 within one round of a fort battle, you have a chance of 25% to keep from being hit at all for the rest of the round.
and if you are premium is double, so at the most you get 3 or 4 hits in a round, rare is that they are just 3 or 4 antitank or critical and you take more than 4k, usually are generals that can be soldiers or workers or whatever and they are 350-450 hits. So hold it for 7-10 rounds.

DeletedUser4497

Add points in battle.

Example:

Every 10 dodge shots = X points
Every K.O = X points
Every 1000 damage
Every 10 rounds active in the battle

And add in a shop items for FF's to adquire with the points earned like the veteran section of the shop.

Add previous sets with this points for this Fort Fighters that can't obtain a better one in future events because I understand that adding the latest and the best sets doesn't interest to InnoGames.

With this system there is a big improvement in assistance and your earn with effort something that is coherent. A FF's set doing Fort Battles.

DeletedUser3756

And add in a shop items for FF's to adquire with the points earned like the veteran section of the shop.
It's a great idea, you just need to add more variety of things in the veteran store, one of the reasons why I do not play adventures, it's because what you buy only goes for adventures, nothing that interferes with the normal game, as buff of life, energy or experience.

DeletedUser3460

Limit LOS through gate to maybe 1 or 2 fields (Negative and boring tactics).

Enable fortification (Towers, Walls, Buildings) bonuses to stack both positive and negative.

1 player on Tower = -32 defense
2 players on Tower = -16 defense
3 players on Tower = -8 defense
4 players on Tower = -4 defense
5 players on Tower = 0 defense
6 players on Tower = +4 defense
7 players on Tower = +8 defense
8 players on Tower = +16 defense
9 players on Tower = +32 Defense

... and a similar type bonus for attack where the more players you have on towers/wall sectors the greater the attack value.

Defending offies could set for towers/walls and actually stay on towers/walls instead of bailing inside in order to maintain full attack/defense bonuses and in turn most in the attacking side would have LOS throughout the entire battle.

DeletedUser4523

Just a few additional suggestions:

#1 - It's important InnoGames adjust the XP reward calculation. The calculation is based purely on damage as fair as I can tell, which is heavily skewed toward Duelers. As a result the other 3 classes have difficult times reaching the full 6k XP possible (absent XP buffs). Similar to the Fort battle ranking, the new system should award XP for total damage, hits take, dodges, an d have some bonuses for KOs.

#2 - I too believe more people would participate if fort battles offered more/better rewards. For starters, the XP is capped at 6k. Increasing the upper cap of XP could potentially encourage more participation. However, it's also heavily dependent on fixing the XP reward formula. See #1.

#3 - I also agree with roy o benonn that the fort battle advantage for the Adventure class has become inferior to the fort battle advantages of all other classes due to the steady increasing power of fort weapons and buffs resulting is significantly higher damage per shot. I assume the increase in weapon damage was due to the proliferation of high HP soldiers, which makes sense. However, when InnoGames observed the increase of damage making the builder class obsolete, the builder class skill was adjusted. Ghosting more often by increasing the chances to ghost to 30% is inefficient because it will prevent Adventurers from acquiring XP under any formula in place. See #1 and #2. Instead I propose the following change to Adventurers:

Option 1) Remove Adventurer skill "You can use Hotel rooms, up to hotel room level 2, in foreign towns for free." (obsolete with recent Sets from Tombolas such as Henry Miller) Replace this skill with the following: "Your hiding and setting traps skill points is increased by 25%."

Option 2) Remove Adventurer skill "You can use Hotel rooms, up to hotel room level 2, in foreign towns for free." Replace this skill with the following: "In fort battles, your resistance is increased by 20%."

Option 3) Remove Adventurer skill "You can use Hotel rooms, up to hotel room level 2, in foreign towns for free." (obsolete with recent Sets from Tombolas such as Henry Miller) Replace this skill with the following: "In fort battles, you are resistant to critical hits buy duelers."

I personally think option one is the best for keeping with the theme of the game and the premise of the adventurer class, applying it at all times. But this would provide a valuable opprtunty for adventurers to increase fighting statistics, if they so choose. But I'd be fine with option 2 or 3 as well.

DeletedUser3460

I rarely use my advent toons for anything other than grazing the lands looking for products these days in order to utilize the 10% product bonus. Other than the fort bonus all the other bonuses that come with the character class are just about obsolete. The 10% extra luck bonus was useful in 2010/11 when I first started as the holiday set was in its early stages and there were no tombola sets back then so there was some advantage. With sets like Gnomes/Elfs that provide 150% luck adding a extra 10% is almost insignificant (10/160 = 6.25% advantage over other classes). To illustrate the point, 2 days ago I did 8 x 1hr of Hunting Grizzly Bears with my advent toon on Briscoe and did the exact same thing on Colorado with my Soldier toon at precisely the same times, my advent toon had no drops (product or items) whereas my Soldier toon found 6 items and 1 product. The free level 2 hotel room is and has always been a disadvantage as you only regenerate 72% total whereas you can pay for a level 5 hotel, regenerate to 100% and use that extra 28 energy to job which not only pays for the level 5 hotel but leaves you with some money and XP in the pocket.

DeletedUser4507

I never used any of adventurer´s advantages. Its the weakest character class. I have chosen it because I didn´t know what does these bonuses mean in the early levels of my game. Each character has more than 1 very good advantage apart of the adventurer.

OneTouch

Private First Class
I never used any of adventurer´s advantages. Its the weakest character class. I have chosen it because I didn´t know what does these bonuses mean in the early levels of my game. Each character has more than 1 very good advantage apart of the adventurer.

Obviously you have no idea about fort fights. Adventurers are the keys for holding towers.

10k HP adventurer is way way better than 20k HP soldier.

DeletedUser4523

Obviously you have no idea about fort fights. Adventurers are the keys for holding towers.

10k HP adventurer is way way better than 20k HP soldier.

Adventurers used to be key at holding towers. Now, in older worlds atleast, adventurers are of significantly less value. if the battle leader in these worlds are smart, they rank high damage duelers as captains, soldiers/workers/adevnturers as privates. this results in a 10k adventurer being hit for high damage per round even if they ghost everytime, because to reach 10k you have to use hombre or hernan and put most of you skills in health. which means dodge chances are low. the reason that is significant when compared to soldiers is soldiers get a 25% leadership boost which can significantly increase their dodge chances, especially if premium. Thats why my first suggestion in option 1 was to give Adventures hiding/setting traps bonus.

just to illistrate that: a level 150 dueler with all skills in leadership, and attributes in charisma (very common build) with a base amish clothing/animal set, garret pistol, and PSSR with an ammo slide, standing in a sector with a worker wearing a Garrett clothing/weapon set and Cook’s animal set will do base damage of 614-1005 (and most of the top dueler level the amish set up to at least level 2) with a hit chance on 122 while standing on the ground. Add a 20% chance for premium to land a critical hit that range extends to 614-2005 per hit.

compared to High hp adventurer builds: Full base hombre with all skills in HP and attribute in strength with ammo slide: 12410 HP, 108 resistence, dodge chance 113.93 in AT, dodge chance 92.93 in other towers (all level 5) and dodge chance of 71.93 on the ground. Base Hernan clothing and weapon set with hombre animal set and all skills in HP and attributes in strength and an ammo slide: 11250 HP, 30 resistence, dodge chance of 119.8 in AT, dodge chance of 98.8 in other towers (lvl 5) and dodge chance of 78.8 on the ground. So basically is an adventurer is a high HP setup the best they can hope for is 119.8 dodge chance on a tower while a duelers hit chance is higher than there’s standing in the ground (not factoring in distance).

An easy fix to this would be to add a bonus for hiding and setting traps to adventurer. That would boost the dodge chances to these same set ups to to the following (with premium): 12410 HP, 111 resistence, dodge chance 122.33 in AT, dodge chance 101.33 in other towers (all level 5) and dodge chance of 80.33 on the ground. Base Hernan clothing and weapon set with hombre animal set and all skills in HP and attributes in strength and an ammo slide: 11250 HP, 31 resistence, dodge chance of 128.47 in AT, dodge chance of 107.47 in other towers (lvl 5) and dodge chance of 86.47 on the ground. This would also give adventurers flexibility, like soldiers, to move some skill points out of health and into hiding/setting traps like many soldiers put skills into leadership.

But hey, what do I know.