• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Stop - without spies on battles

foscock

Private
Coding is an international language where you can code things using coding languages, so even if someone who doesn't know the existing database/code can know based on experience.
Only someone who's never had to support old, poorly-written, extensively modified code and a database designed by Gumby would say that.
I know that classes can be a factor but this is mostly for the starting phase and yet you are blindly firing at me for what happens usually in the 40-50'th rounds!
You said classes weren't a factor, so pointing out that they are a factor seemed important. This is all about the starting phase, and about handling target setting. Nobody has said anything about the 40-50th rounds.
Complicating things for the developer, yet making things easier for the users......
You're trying to make ranking about 10 times more time-consuming, that doesn't sound easier for the users.
You are still being biased foscock.
It's easy to be biased when you think something is a really bad idea.

DeletedUser4411

1.- The first step to eliminate the possibility of spies, would be to prohibit the use of scripts that allows any user, access statistics of recruitment, including, to see the life, range, etc., of the characters in the window of battle and the one of recruitment (there are 2 scripts that add these characteristics).

2.- add to the programming code an option to be able to order the recruitment by first showing members of the alliance, and then players outside the alliance (including the possible programming of an identifier to recognize members of friendly alliances, before marking them as alliances allies in some other section

This already hinders the spy, first having to infiltrate an alliance and then filter the information

because in itself, it is almost impossible to identify them with the naked eye and always be suspicious of foreigners first

it would depend on each leader whether or not to recruit such players

I propose a different idea to not allow foreign players to visualize the battle window and the topic

I propose that a foreign player when registering, can not visualize the position of the members of the alliance that defends or attacks as the case may be, and can not visualize the topic, until it is ranked, of course this may complicate things for players or cities that do not have an alliance and are encouraged to organize a battle, but in but in essence, the issue of spies is more between enemy alliances

(original text is on spanish, sorry if you dont understand me to 100%)

DeletedUser500

I'm not in favour of restricting anyone from joining battles. Maybe if the chat topic wasn't view-able for recruits and lower, they could still see your starting position, but not your plan unless you rank the spy. Unranked players still have to be able to see the starting positions, so they can place themselves... However then they won't know where to target unless someone is online to tell them.

I wish players were just angrier about Kyle's spies, stopped helping him as long as he uses them, but whatever.