• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changelog 2.6x Discussion Thread

• Thread starter DeletedUser1406
  • Start date

DeletedUser500

Unbelievable, that players skilled for dueling, get an easy free skill point every year! Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad:
hi,
beta not work
I'm not sure that this is the right thread for these, it doesn't seem to be discussing the changes in the recent update. /mod
@Rangor wat are you talking about? there's plenty of skill points available for everyone each year with many repeatable quests, and if you get yourself some duelling gear, I can't imagine you aren't able to do whatever quest you are talking about. /player

How is that diversity column in the new crafting ranking determined?
I'll try to find out some more specific information about this, but basically, if you only craft a couple of products over and over again your diversity will be very low, but if you craft a wide range of products, it will be higher. Higher is better for your ranking.

Edit: Crafting diversity is "the sum of the square roots of all the item types you've crafted", so there you go :P

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4383

So, basically the people who worked their butts off before the "stepping stone" recipes like "health puppet" and what not, those players get penalized in diversity, because we didn't have our hands held through the tough parts, we had to grind out hundreds of the same green recipes to reach max. The players who are newer, and got the easier recipe list, those players are going to get ranked higher in diversity automatically.
At this point, to rank higher in diversity, i would have to go back and craft however many extra of an item that is admitted by support to be a worthless item just to help reach max crafting, in order to rank higher than some people who have played less than 1/8 the time?
That seems like a logical way of doing things.
Before anyone says "oh you joined today", i hate forums and only joined to say that this is a huge slap in the face to all long time players.

jarograv

Reservist
Fair point. It does also seem more fitting to use # of crafts before the diversity since someone having more crafts seems like more of an accomplishment. I do see the logic of using diversity before total crafts though since someone could just craft 2000 pyrite discs to gain spots in the ranking. I guess it's a matter of what's "worse" people boosting their ranking with day crafts or older players having to go back And craft "junk" items to boost their ranking. I'm swayed towards using diversity before total number.