• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Dirty marketing strategy

DeletedUser4265

This is the second time you guys put out a gear set with an enormous amount of a certain skill (Construction on Ded Moroz, now Horseback Riding on Mataoka's gear set). This is way too much and out of proportion compared to the other sets, and you guys know it!. You even announced it will be nerfed! To me this looks like a disgustingly dirty marketing strategy. You're showing off with a powerful gear set so people will buy nuggets to get it, and after a few days you're making it weaker. Everyone knows the 500 / 600 horseback riding and 600 construction on Ded Moroz are both too much. So you guys at innogames must know that as well. The fact that this happens again with these new gear sets really bothers me. I know its a beta, but thats no excuse. It's just disgusting how you guys are tricking out your players lately. Shame on you!

Bait and switch is what this is called.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser500

Isn't this a beta server, where we test new features and give feedback, and sometimes the devs change things based on the feedback?

6e6f37095c.png

Huh, imagine that.

If the erroneous sets made it to live servers, you would have a point, but they don't (thanks to beta). If you want a stable version of the game where we aren't testing new features, then your best option is to play on a real server.

DeletedUser4265

As I said, you still could've known that adding almost 2000 skills more than any previous sets was not gonna be the final product. You already know its too much, so why even test it then? It might be your right to do these things but that doesn't make it any better for us.

Zulus

Private
If the erroneous sets made it to live servers, you would have a point, but they don't (thanks to beta).

He does have a point especially that such sets make it to live servers. Hombre is a perfect example of that. It was introduced on open worlds before it was nerfed. Many people bought nuggets, started spinning, got Hombre and then between 1 -2 hours after the event with hombre started on open worlds, the set was cut to its present state.

When this issue was raised, via tickets, that money was spent on set X and InnoGames deliverd set Y (inferior to X), the only solution to those effected that InnoGames could come up with was "we will return nuggets spent on the tombola but in return we will take all the hombre items from your inventory". And i stress, InnoGames would not return the money spent on buying nuggets, but only nuggets used on spins.

So one can see by that example that what InnoGames does lately is not event remotly close to being either ethical or trustworthy.

DeletedUser1406

Oh cool, another one of these.
This is the second time you guys put out a gear set with an enormous amount of a certain skill (Construction on Ded Moroz, now Horseback Riding on Mataoka's gear set). This is way too much and out of proportion compared to the other sets, and you guys know it!
Give it too much and they complain it's too overpowered. Give it too little and they complain it's worse than the previous ones. You just can't please everyone.
You claim you don't like the bonuses, yet they have been announced for a few days now and I have seen nobody suggest any changes to the items. Not a single suggestion.
You even announced it will be nerfed!
I guess you want me to not announce any future changes or...? I'm doing my job to keep you guys informed. I said it plenty of times since I've been here and I'll say it again. Whenever a new set gets announced on zz you have one week to leave any kind of constructive and precise feedback about the sets. Most of the times we've managed to change them accordingly to whatever feedback we've gotten.
Everyone knows the 500 / 600 horseback riding and 600 construction on Ded Moroz are both too much. So you guys at innogames must know that as well. The fact that this happens again with these new gear sets really bothers me.
Everyone knows this but everyone refuses to talk in a timely manner.

He does have a point especially that such sets make it to live servers. Hombre is a perfect example of that. It was introduced on open worlds before it was nerfed. Many people bought nuggets, started spinning, got Hombre and then between 1 -2 hours after the event with hombre started on open worlds, the set was cut to its present state.

When this issue was raised, via tickets, that money was spent on set X and InnoGames deliverd set Y (inferior to X), the only solution to those effected that InnoGames could come up with was "we will return nuggets spent on the tombola but in return we will take all the hombre items from your inventory". And i stress, InnoGames would not return the money spent on buying nuggets, but only nuggets used on spins.

So one can see by that example that what InnoGames does lately is not event remotly close to being either ethical or trustworthy.
I'm not going to deny it didn't happen, because it did. I only remember one case since I've been a Community Manager, but it did. And I was just as annoyed as everyone else, trust me. However, I'm blaming both parties on this one, the "behind the curtain"-team (excluding zz, will not communicate exact reason why) and the players, as most of the time the real feedback comes from real servers, and not this one as it should.

DeletedUser4265

It's not about announcing things or not... total irrelevant. It's about the fact that you guys are aware of the fact that the set is too powerful. Still, you're selling it and then you lower the stats. It might be a beta but it still costs money to buy nuggets, so what's the excuse? A beta is a test server, not a server to trick out people on.

"Give it too much and they complain it's too overpowered." Why not slightly increase a set's stats then?

"Isn't this a beta server, where we test new features and give feedback, and sometimes the devs change things based on the feedback?" Why test things that are not gonna make it to the final game anyway?

DeletedUser1406

It's not about announcing things or not... total irrelevant. It's about the fact that you guys are aware of the fact that the set is too powerful. Still, you're selling it and then you lower the stats. It might be a beta but it still costs money to buy nuggets, so what's the excuse? A beta is a test server, not a server to trick out people on.

"Give it too much and they complain it's too overpowered." Why not slightly increase a set's stats then?

"Isn't this a beta server, where we test new features and give feedback, and sometimes the devs change things based on the feedback?" Why test things that are not gonna make it to the final game anyway?
So what exactly do you want? Do you want changes or not? :P I see arguments pro and contra changes in this quote. How exactly do you plan on testing the items, anyway? And what results would you expect out of your "testing"?

DeletedUser500

It's not about announcing things or not... total irrelevant.
It's still very nice that we have a community manager who actually posts change-logs and announcements :njub:

It's about the fact that you guys are aware of the fact that the set is too powerful
We, as the zz team along with the beta community, are aware of this yes, which is why we've asked for it to be nerfed.

Why not slightly increase a set's stats then?
Now this is getting close to actual feedback here. Which set would you like increased, and by how much? ;)

Why test things that are not gonna make it to the final game anyway?
I genuinely believe you are a troll account at this point. Everything we test on Beta makes it to the game a week or so later, sometimes those features have some balance changes, sometimes it stays as it is, it depends on the community feedback.

A beta is a test server
Indeed, the entire purpose of this server is to test new features before they go onto the real servers. A fact that every single player is made aware of when they first create their beta account.

Remember, this isn't just a server with cheap nuggets and almost free reskills. We are doing genuinely important quality control work here, and if you can't, or won't, understand that, it's probably not the server for you. You'll have to wait an average of one week longer to get new features if you just play on regular servers, and you won't feel like you're being cheated when game data changes, like it can and will on a beta server.

DeletedUser4269

It is so sad that such an awesome game became a lottery game, where in each lottery the next set is more powerful than the previous one....

Compare the attribute points, at least, of these sets and you will get what I mean:

http://tw-db.info/?strana=supravy&set=set_mexican
+3 Strength
+6 Mobility
+22 Dexterity (set's basic stat up)
+3 Charisma

http://tw-db.info/?strana=supravy&set=set_dotd_2016_3_weapon
+0.28 Strength
+0.2 Mobility
+0.02 Dexterity
+0.24 Charisma

With only TWO items you get more than the double attribute points plus a lot of health and resistance (level 150). Balance...

DeletedUser500

It is so sad that such an awesome game became a lottery game, where in each lottery the next set is more powerful than the previous one....
Here, you have a point. The sad state of affairs the game currently finds itself in is completely caused by the it turning into a lottery, with intermittent, month-long, opportunities to actually play the game. But after this point your logic breaks down.

Compare the attribute points, at least, of these sets and you will get what I mean:
Comparing a 2010 Speed set to a 2016 fort set isn't a good comparison. Mexican set still gives more of a speed boost, it's primary function, than Hombre's weapons.
Mexican set is also a set for level 30 players. At level 30, this is the set bonus of the hombre weapons set:
ca93906b80.png

So at comparable levels, Mexican set is stronger. RIP your argument.

What you should have pointed out, is how Lee's set was completely outclassed by Hombre's set one tombola later. The power creep is, always has been, and will always continue to be a problem that we, as beta testers, have to keep in check.

DeletedUser3957

I think a solution to satisfy players is to have tombolas on beta much earlier than on live servers. The best would be tombolas beginning on live servers after they end on beta. That would give beta players some time to test new gears and discuss their stats and devs time to balance all that

At least we'd know final skills for all gears before playing tombola on live servers

One must remind beta players too that beta is a test server. We can see many players there playing the game more seriously than on live servers. Some are even spending uselessly thousands of nuggets on beta (ok they're cheaper) to complain afterwards that gears have been altered.
I wonder what they would say if all data were reset on beta as it is said on the log in page warning (meaning no more nuggets or inventory)