• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

New forum design

• Thread starter DeletedUser4054
  • Start date

DeletedUser1406

It took me minutes to find the login button. I would highly recommend to add another big login button somewhere on the top instead of only on the bottom bar.
You know who you have to convince in order to have this change :p

DeletedUser3230

That would explain why you never like anything.

I would find it great if Xshteff started to be a bit more professional, and keep his personal feelings about my person out of the discussion and the forum and stay on topic.

By empty space I mean that most of what I see now on my screen is just shin coloured background.
By My little Pony I meant that the design would fit better in a "My little Pony" Book- you might not know My little Pony - sorry for that :p

I like to have as much information in one screen as I can - I dont find it easier to have to open extra menus to find it.

Making this new look - that for many of us makes the forum much harder to read. Too few bothers to read it as it is. This game is still going faster and faster down hill. I was talking to some friends the other day and found out that many of us really only bothers because we are playing something else - and the have TW running at the same time. ( Why - to say hello to old friends or because we in spite of all odds still hope something will happen.) So to use resources that seem to be very limited on this, makes me sad.

I dont hate everything but I see is as manipulation that it is only possible to like something..

It would also be nice to be able to find the login button without searching every inch of the page.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser500

I would find it great if Xshteff started to be a bit more professional, and keep his personal feelings about my person out of the discussion and the forum and stay on topic.

He's not wrong, all you do is complain about every new feature and never offer a solution. What was the last feature that you liked? :p

By empty space I mean that most of what I see now on my screen is just shin coloured background.

Are you zoomed out or something? there's literally 3.5cm of space at each side... try holding Ctrl and pressing 0 to reset your zoom :p

By My little Pony I meant that the design would fit better in a "My little Pony" Book- you might not know My little Pony - sorry for that :p

Shteff knows My Little Pony very well.

I like to have as much information in one screen as I can - I dont find it easier to have to open extra menus to find it.

those menus at the side of the homepage that are open by default and/or is one click away?

Making this new look - that for many of us makes the forum much harder to read. Too few bothers to read it as it is. This game is still going faster and faster down hill. I was talking to some friends the other day and found out that many of us really only bothers because we are playing something else - and the have TW running at the same time. ( Why - to say hello to old friends or because we in spite of all odds still hope something will happen.) So to use resources that seem to be very limited on this, makes me sad.

I dont hate everything but I see is as manipulation that it is only possible to like something..

It would also be nice to be able to find the login button without searching every inch of the page.

Try taking some time to get used to all the new features. Is it really "hard to read" or are you just not good at navigating it yet? The forum has been in the making for a long time, and it turned out pretty nice, still can be improved more. We're all perfectly aware that the game is dying a very slow and painful death, and here you are complaining about resources being used on the forum that is replacing one that was outdated and lacking features, instead of broken quests or tombolas that make up 98% of updated material this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1406

Try taking some time to get used to all the new features. Is it really "hard to read" or are you just not good at navigating it yet? The forum has been in the making for a long time, and it turned out pretty nice, still can be improved more. We're all perfectly aware that the game is dying a very slow and painful death, and here you are complaining about resources being used on the forum that is replacing one that was outdated and lacking features, instead of broken quests or tombolas that make up 98% of updated material this year.
> complaining about broken quests on a beta servers.
Those quests hit live worlds w/o any bug :p

DeletedUser

A bit of topic...
Does the Xenforo differ a lot compared to vBulletin from the administration site?
May be a forum admin might drop a short answer - Thanks

DeletedUser1406

A bit of topic...
Does the Xenforo differ a lot compared to vBulletin from the administration site?
May be a forum admin might drop a short answer - Thanks
You could just google "Xenforo admin panel" and see the differences yourself.

DeletedUser

We are playing west. We know about computers. We are not 70 years old (most of us :P) so we don't need a forum that changes everything and gives a more modern look. It is like windows 10 settings. That's very androind-ish and there are still more we can do only from the control panel. Here we don't have the control panel, we just have the diffucalty to find anything. The west is dying day after day and the only real change we can see with our eyes is the forum style. A forum that only 30% of players have account and just 5% is coming here weekly. That is the truth. And now without asking anyone and with plenty of bad feedback you updating the forum and in the other countries. I am sorry if i was aggressive but someone must say some things.
And where is the mark as read like the double left click of the previous version?

DeletedUser

I liked it, but definitely the login button needs to be in other place, imo.

DeletedUser1406

Kinda reviving and old topic. I made use of the notice system to pretty much add another login button and leave a major hint on where you can find the login button. Hopefully it helps.
Here's a screenshot if you don't want to logout to see it yourself:
2ee609c7ea.jpg

DeletedUser500

I would like to see a Login button below the Signup button in the sidebar, but this is also pretty clear :P
10/10 clue too.