• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Reskill Potions

DeletedUser500

One of the best features of the beta server is that reskill potions are 20 bonds, however like all nice beta features, this is exploited, especially in duelling. I've exploited this feature too of course, you have too or you get Ko'd by someone who has just reskilled specifically to counter your duelling build.

Maybe there should be a cooldown on the use of reskill potions, either 1 hour or 45 minutes (the time you are vulnerable after duelling). Thoughts?

catalin1994

Private
i like this idea. on beta world many cowards use that potion after each duel...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1406

Don't really see any harm in this. Not a bad idea, I guess.

DeletedUser2271

Or raise the price to 200 upbs/nuggets.

It would be easier and would not harm anything. It would make the potion available for a very low price but it would take out the easy way.

catalin1994

Private

It would be easier and would not harm anything. It would make the potion available for a very low price but it would take out the easy way.

why that? its beta for test. better a cooldown - 45 minutes than raise the price.

DeletedUser1406

Considering the fact that people complained about how expensive the pots are as they are right now, I believe there's going to be a riot if we increase the price.

DeletedUser3849

Funny

So increase the potions to 200 upb and then blame the devs for their greed of nuggets ? :P
I am sure there will be 20-30 people here blaming them once the price is increased.
Things are going perfect so far, no one has stopped you to reskill after each duel either..

DeletedUser3230

I suggested a limit about a year ago. Got no response then.

Raising the price would not change anything. Those players who have too much money would still reskill every hour.
So please leave the prize be and limit the use to 2- 5 every 24 hours.:up:

Snr Sarg

Lance Corporal
I agree with most here, the price should definitely not be changed, not increased anyway, but a cooldown would not be a bad idea, I'd suggest no more than one reskill potion every 24 hours.

DeletedUser4075

Don't raise the price, 24 hour cool down not everyone is a duler some people actually use them to do various jobs

DeletedUser3230

No one higher than Shteff will read this, so nope.

What is the point with suggestions if no one reads it.

Agree that it is needed that might get the around 25% above level 150 who are out of town - and drifting longer and longer away from the game,- back in a town - and them maybe a little more back in the game.

A new way to get duel protection might also do that :p

DeletedUser500

A new way to get duel protection might also do that :p

Yeah, because what duelling really needs is for duellers to have even less players to duel...

Might as well take duelling out of the game altogether, then the simmers will be happy and the three or four duellers left in the game can finally retire :p

DeletedUser3230

Yeah, because what duelling really needs is for duellers to have even less players to duel...

Might as well take duelling out of the game altogether, then the simmers will be happy and the three or four duellers left in the game can finally retire :p

I never understood why duellists wants to duel players who dont want to duel. A duel with only one participant is not a duel - it is a simple mugging.

It should be better to have players stay in town, than have them leave town and get bored and leave game after some time.

This is off topic - sorry. But as it is now - players like me who just dont like duels - cant be in a town. This makes the game very boring yes - so I only hang on because it is hard to let go.

The unlimited access to re-skill potions is even making duellists who want to duel leave town, because we dont all have all day to sit in front of computer.
Some players have time to re-skill every hour and attack the same players over an over. After some time with this, you just give up and leave town.

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
I have noticed that a lot of players are so intent on winning duels that they use a Re-skill Potion after every duel to avoid losing if there is any retaliation.
The use of the Potions for Duel Re-skill should have a cool-down period of 1 hour or better still 2 hours to bring fairness to the game.
So once you re-skill and attack someone you have to wait an hour before you can use another Re-skill potion to re-skill again.
A cool-down was put on Health buffs in order to try to bring fairness to dueling, so it would also make sense to add it to Re-skill Potions for Dueling too.
A high proportion of players just don't have the Nuggets to allow them to stock up on Re-skill potions and it adds a level of unfairness and makes them a lot more vulnerable to being trashed.
The victims should have at least a fighting chance of Dueling on a level playing field, although I expect a lot of negativity towards this idea by the hard core duelers.
Please consider my proposal.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4251

This is not a bad idea at all, not everyone can spend endless amounts of cash on a game and has my support, maybe make it 2 or more hours between using potions for full reskill.

DeletedUser1406

Noticed there was already a thread about this and I just merged @The-Iceman's with it.
I haven't changed my opinion since last year. However, this time I can actually try to see if I can do anything about it.

No one higher than Shteff will read this, so nope.
:njub:

DeletedUser500

A cool-down was put on Health buffs in order to try to bring fairness to dueling, so it would also make sense to add it to Re-skill Potions for Dueling too.
Well, while the reskill potions being abused are a beta only issue (and thus apparently warrant much less attention from the powers above), it was the single biggest factor that ruined duelling for me on this server. Besides, you can't test much when your opponent has just reskilled to directly counter your build. Again.

Thanks for not being a Tom. <3