• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Hello, Guest.
    This is the questions section. Here you can ask any question related to the game.
    Please make sure you read this thread before you post here!

Answered New chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3581

Since today i got penalty points because i didn`t spoke english on saloon chat because i spoke with a group of player from my country and this game don`t give us the opportunity to create a new chat room, i want to ask if there is possible to create a chat room for players from a country that number is over a certain point. Someone said we should make an alliance and spoke on alliance chat, but everybody know that you can`t bring too mainy people toghether in one alliance. Otherone said i should play on my country server but everybody know that we are here because here is the beta server and we want to use between the firsts the new stuff and to see thenewest updates.So there is possible to do such a thing for us?

DeletedUser2352

That's rubbish. You can create your own room very easily. Just use /join #room

And instead of room type what you want.

DeletedUser

(you don't even need that # sign in front of the name as in IRC; so /join polandpower works too :)
And according to the help (see /help join) you can even set a password for that room, so that only players who know that password can join; e.g. /join polandpower supersecretpassword

Only limitation: You can create/join only ONE user defined channel at a time.

DeletedUser3581

well this is awkward... i didn`t know that something like that exist...

DeletedUser

Since today i got penalty points because i didn`t spoke english on saloon chat because i spoke with a group of player from my country

You got penalty points for using your own language? What in seven hells?

DeletedUser2271

You got penalty points for using your own language? What in seven hells?

According with the rules of Beta.the-west.net servers you can only use English on the server chat rooms (saloon x) (the problem is that 99,9999% of the people NEVER read the rules or think they can make any rules they want because they are over and above anyone else).

Private rooms was an option added on 2.0x versions that let any group of players to join on a private chat. Village chat and alliance chat are outside of the main chat room rules. On those you can use any language (but the other rules must be followed) that people there can understand.

So, for the main chat, you can only write in English or you will get points if anyone reports language talks that are not in English.

DeletedUser2352

Well, in some cases you may use other languages for example if you say a famous saying like 'Alea iacta est' which means roughly translated 'The dice has been cast'.

DeletedUser500

Like Morphy said, you can indeed create your own chat so that you can talk to your friends in whatever language you wish, however all public communications must be in English. It is also common practice to receive a warning for non-English in public chat for your first offence, so you can't say you were not aware of the rules either.

Status
Not open for further replies.